Forum

Full Version: Kodi 17.4 is not playing video smoothly.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I want to go back to previous version but Xbian is downloading with Kodi 17.4
Where can I download the previous version?
Or does someone have a solution for this problem with video that stops every 3 or 4 seconds?
Thanks
(9th Sep, 2017 10:23 AM)GastonBA Wrote: [ -> ]I want to go back to previous version but Xbian is downloading with Kodi 17.4

Solution A)
1) revert to a snapshot before you upgraded Kodi and CEC packages. This can be done in xbian-config GUI, section Backup
It it is enough to revert subvolume root only
2) reboot

Solution B)
1) open a ssh connection
2) sudo apt-get update
3) sudo apt-cache policy xbian-package-xbmc
This shows you a list of available versions of xbian-package-xbmc
4) sudo apt-get install xbian-package-xbmc=<version_you_want>
for example sudo apt-get install xbian-package-xbmc=17.3-1498401095
5) Important: if you are running Debian Stretch, you have to install previous versions of cec packages also

Quote:Or does someone have a solution for this problem with video that stops every 3 or 4 seconds?
Thanks

Not yet, as already told, I do not have any issues playing vids on my Hummingboard
(10th Sep, 2017 12:20 AM)Nachteule Wrote: [ -> ]
(9th Sep, 2017 10:23 AM)GastonBA Wrote: [ -> ]I want to go back to previous version but Xbian is downloading with Kodi 17.4

Solution A)
1) revert to a snapshot before you upgraded Kodi and CEC packages. This can be done in xbian-config GUI, section Backup
It is enough to revert subvolume root only
2) reboot

Solution B)
1) open a ssh connection
2) sudo apt-get update
5) Important: if you are running Debian Stretch, you have to install previous versions of cec packages also

Quote:Or does someone have a solution for this problem with video that stops every 3 or 4 seconds?
Thanks

Not yet, as already told, I do not have any issues playing vids on my Hummingboard

Thanks!
That´s what I was doing. I went back to weekly snapshot.
I can´t tell if the problem starts when upgrading to 17.4 of when upgrading to Debian Stretch. How can I know which Debian I´m running?
(10th Sep, 2017 03:57 AM)GastonBA Wrote: [ -> ]I can´t tell if the problem starts when upgrading to 17.4 of when upgrading to Debian Stretch. How can I know which Debian I´m running?

Please look here for example
Not a Debian 9 issue.... running it with Kodi 17.3 and i don't have any new problems. (Pi 1 B)
I start again from Debian 8 and Kodi 17.3

I installed each update one by one. And everything runs smoothly.
Then there were only two updates left. Kodi 17.4 (Xbian Update) and Debian Stretch.
I try Kodi first...
And there it was the problem again. Video stops and catch up fast. Impossible to view.

I´m roling back to 17.3 and I´ll try updating to stretch staying on Kodi 17.3
(21st Sep, 2017 10:48 AM)GastonBA Wrote: [ -> ]I start again from Debian 8 and Kodi 17.3

Then there were only two updates left. Kodi 17.4 (Xbian Update) and Debian Stretch.
I try Kodi first...
And there it was the problem again. Video stops and catch up fast. Impossible to view.

Thanks for your testing.

I'll try to reproduce this issue next days. Till now, I do not have any issue running Kodi 17.4 / Debian Stretch on my Hummingboard Quad Core / 2G Ram

That's really confusing me Confused
(21st Sep, 2017 08:56 PM)Nachteule Wrote: [ -> ]
(21st Sep, 2017 10:48 AM)GastonBA Wrote: [ -> ]I start again from Debian 8 and Kodi 17.3

I try Kodi first...

Thanks for your testing.

I'll try to reproduce this issue next days. Till now, I do not have any issue running Kodi 17.4 / Debian Stretch on my Hummingboard Quad Core / 2G Ram

That's really confusing me Confused

My configuration is different.
I'm on a Cubox i2 only 1gb Ram.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
(21st Sep, 2017 09:16 PM)GastonBA Wrote: [ -> ]My configuration is different.
I'm on a Cubox i2 only 1gb Ram.

Yeah, but don't believe that this is the culprit (usually having 1.4G of free RAM and cpu load is below 10%)
Stretch Installation took a long time, so I left it over night.
Today when I start the system, Stretch was installed but also Kodi 17.4, so it´s not working fine again.

I´m rolling back to previous snapshot again.
One questión about this... When I select rollback I get four options...
HOME
STORAGE
ROOT
DATA
which of the four is the most complete going back to previous snapshot?
Thanks!

I was planning to roll back again, but is there a way to upgrade stretch without upgrading Kodi?
Thanks again.
(22nd Sep, 2017 06:00 AM)GastonBA Wrote: [ -> ]Stretch Installation took a long time, so I left it over night.
Today when I start the system, Stretch was installed but also Kodi 17.4, so it´s not working fine again.

I´m rolling back to previous snapshot again.
One questión about this... When I select rollback I get four options...
HOME
STORAGE
ROOT
DATA
which of the four is the most complete going back to previous snapshot?
Thanks!

I was planning to roll back again, but is there a way to upgrade stretch without upgrading Kodi?
Thanks again.

You could set xbian-package-xbmc to hold before upgrading. But this does not make sense, because a lot of dependencies will not be updated and you'll have a mix of Jessie and Stretch

Please read my previous posts. All your questiions are already answered

Btw, you do not revert to a snapshot, it's just enough to install older version of Kodi (explained in Solution B)
Thanks!

I was going to try solution B, but this line scares me away:
(22nd Sep, 2017 07:24 AM)GastonBA Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks!

I was going to try solution B, but this line scares me away:

4.0.2.1~xbian-1489608861 is the version you need
Having this issue too.

(10th Sep, 2017 12:20 AM)Nachteule Wrote: [ -> ]

Solution A)
It it is enough to revert subvolume root only
2) reboot

Solution B)
1) open a ssh connection
2) sudo apt-get update

Thanks

If you do solution B, do you lose your add ons/data?
(4th Oct, 2017 06:29 AM)cairnarvon Wrote: [ -> ]If you do solution B, do you lose your add ons/data?

No, Kodi's config folder (/home/xbian/.kodi) is never be lost
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's