Forum

Full Version: This is 'Stretching' me.... :(
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Nice to know - But first thing I do is change name and password in Xbian (and everything else). I also regenerate the keys at random intervals.

As they say, if you are not paranoid, you are not paying attention or simply don't understand whats going on around you.

I see your Government are on the brink of 'backdooring' every device. It's a little concerning as this could become EU law (not that Brexit UK would have anything to do with that one) Tongue

THanks again, always a pleasure! Wink

P.S. Still a mystery to me why this one (and only this one) had a problem - care to speculate on the cause? (The pi this was cloned from was the first I upgraded and that one went smooth as silk).
(4th Jan, 2018 03:16 AM)Skywatch Wrote: [ -> ]Nice to know - But first thing I do is change name and password in Xbian (and everything else). I also regenerate the keys at random intervals.

Never did this before Blush

Quote:As they say, if you are not paranoid, you are not paying attention or simply don't understand whats going on around you.

I see your Government are on the brink of 'backdooring' every device. It's a little concerning as this could become EU law (not that Brexit UK would have anything to do with that one) Tongue

Hehe, I'm sure NSA did this already in UK Big Grin

Quote:THanks again, always a pleasure! Wink

Welcome

Quote:P.S. Still a mystery to me why this one (and only this one) had a problem - care to speculate on the cause?

No idea, probably you can put this into the category 'Shit happens' Tongue
(3rd Jan, 2018 04:43 AM)Nachteule Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, btw, you can run

sudo xbian-config updates distupgrade prepare
sudo xbian-config updates distupgrade execute
sudo xbian-config updates progress

(the first command modifies sources.list files, the second command runs dist-upgrade in background and the third command checks if upgrade process still running)

I ran the 3 mentioned commands, but I assume it goes wrong with the first one already:
Code:
xbian@xbian / $ sudo xbian-config updates distupgrade prepare
xbian@xbian / $ sudo xbian-config updates distupgrade execute
nohup: redirecting stderr to stdout
xbian@xbian / $ sudo xbian-config updates progress
How can I fix the 'prepare' step? I tried the CLI solution, since the GUI returned an error already
@jakenl

1) check if /usr/local/sbin/xbian-update-repo is there and executable
2) check your files /etc/apt/sources.list and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/xbian.list [1]
3) check output of sudo apt-get update if there is any error output (probably there is)

[1] http://wiki.xbian.org/doku.php/repos
(12th Jan, 2018 08:13 AM)Nachteule Wrote: [ -> ]@jakenl

1) check if /usr/local/sbin/xbian-update-repo is there and executable
2) check your files /etc/apt/sources.list and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/xbian.list [1]
3) check output of sudo apt-get update if there is any error output (probably there is)

[1] http://wiki.xbian.org/doku.php/repos

1) the update repo was available, owned by 'staff'
I skipped 2) and went on with:
3) It resulted in an error and recommendation to execute the following:
Code:
sudo dpkg --configure -a
This worked alright and a repeat of the apt-get update didn't show this error anymore
Next error in the update process was a comment about missing pgp key. I was able to fix that with the following 2 commands:
Code:
sudo gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-key EF0F382A1A7B6xyz
sudo gpg -a --export EF0F382A1A7B6xyz | sudo apt-key add -
After that no more errors at all.

Then I made the mistake to do an apt-get upgrade. The process ran for 2 hours, updating tons of packages, but at the end..
The Xbian start-up logo comes up, the text 'network connecting' and 'starting kodi' come up, but I ended up with a blank screen. When giving the reboot command through SSH, the Xbian logo comes up, showing the shutdown procedure, followed by the start-up texts as before, but no Kodi UI.
After some trials I gave up, did a snapshot restore to last nights configuration. This booted fine and I did the upgrade through the GUI this time. Again a 1.5-2hr long update process, but this time Kodi came up fine.

Therefore, thanks for suggesting! Kodi runs just fine again!
@jakenl

Well done Smile
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's