Forum

Full Version: Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Plus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
(19th Mar, 2018 07:38 AM)Exnor Wrote: [ -> ]Wow the samples i have are in 16:9 AR and with 30 Mbit/s bit rate... and 1080p or FHD... maybe i can test with a lower bit rate and see what is the performance ?

30MBit/s ??? That's ridiculous amd makes HEVC ad absurdum Big Grin You should look for better samples Tongue

Quote:And yes i also don't care about bitrate but i do care about quality, and sadly the best ones have much higher bit rate :/ (or again am i missing something ?)

2:35:1 AR with no black bars? So it stretch the image or what? If so is that optional (because i don't like stretching the image) ?

No no, 2,35:1 AR has black bars, FHD (means 1.78:1 AR) does not have black bars
(19th Mar, 2018 12:16 AM)Nachteule Wrote: [ -> ]
(18th Mar, 2018 01:05 PM)f1vefour Wrote: [ -> ]
(18th Mar, 2018 10:00 AM)Nachteule Wrote: [ -> ]XBian_2018.03.17_rpi3.img.gz (and oc XBian_Latest_rpi3.img.gz) is first image supporting Pi3B+ available for download

Has kernel 4.9.87, this version works much better than 4.14.27 (ethernet is still unusable)

It seems strange the Pi foundation would release before driver compatibility is there.

It's not strange, it's fact:
https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux/issues/2447
https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux/issues/2442
https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux/issues/2437

And I have to do more tests before I will post next one Smile

My tests results yesterday:
Pi3B with kernel 4.14 --> no problem
Pi3B+ and kernel 4.14 --> between 3 and 10 kernel OOPS per hour while watching HD-tv stream
Pi3B and kernel 4.9 --> no network issue while playing 2,5h FHD HEVC video and watching 90min HD-tv stream
I wasn't disagreeing that they did it, I just don't understand why they would do it.
(19th Mar, 2018 07:48 AM)Nachteule Wrote: [ -> ]30MBit/s ??? That's ridiculous amd makes HEVC ad absurdum Big Grin You should look for better samples Tongue

Hmm got to get some new samples :/...

So it's only the Ethernet part that is not working? Wifi works ok? Its ok to buy one now and swap my now old Pi 1 B,? Is the img for the pi3b+ already available?. Thanks.
(btw the SDcard i use is now 5yo and going... 24/7 up and running).
(20th Mar, 2018 12:28 AM)Exnor Wrote: [ -> ]
(19th Mar, 2018 07:48 AM)Nachteule Wrote: [ -> ]30MBit/s ??? That's ridiculous amd makes HEVC ad absurdum Big Grin You should look for better samples Tongue

Hmm got to get some new samples :/...

So it's only the Ethernet part that is not working? Wifi works ok? Its ok to buy one now and swap my now old Pi 1 B,? Is the img for the pi3b+ already available?. Thanks.

Yep, already posted here

Quote:(btw the SDcard i use is now 5yo and going... 24/7 up and running).

Welcome in the club Big Grin
My Pi1 bought Aug 2013 still works with the first 8GB (standard size) SD-card (24/7) Smile But all other Micro SD-cards of the 'first generation' I bought died already Sad
(20th Mar, 2018 12:41 AM)Nachteule Wrote: [ -> ]
(19th Mar, 2018 07:48 AM)Nachteule Wrote: [ -> ]Yep, already posted here

Welcome in the club Big Grin
My Pi1 bought Aug 2013 still works with the first 8GB (standard size) SD-card (24/7) Smile But all other Micro SD-cards of the 'first generation' I bought died already Sad

Kind of sad of retiring the faithful Pi1B... since 2013 also, up and running with Xbian and the same full size 8GiB SDcard... i Guess it's going to run Retropie now Tongue.

So the new img are the ones posted on this thread? Kind of miss that Tongue

Thanks Smile
still can not test. I have received another, original PSU for RPi as I thought maybe the one I have (high quality 5V/4A) is no good.
But it seems that the RPi is faulty as all I see is flashing red LED Sad
So time to return this and wait another week for a new one
(22nd Mar, 2018 07:23 PM)rikardo1979 Wrote: [ -> ]still can not test. I have received another, original PSU for RPi as I thought maybe the one I have (high quality 5V/4A) is no good.
But it seems that the RPi is faulty as all I see is flashing red LED Sad
So time to return this and wait another week for a new one

That is some bad luck Sad .
Hi all

I have a new RPI3 B+

It was flashing red with sd from rpi3 B

I followed Nachteule instructions

and magically all works (what I did was I copied the BOOT folder from the new march 17 image xbian to my old SD substituting everything)

it booted and works correctly

ONLY thing not working is WIFI system doesnt see it

Thankyou for your great work

raf
(24th Mar, 2018 06:50 PM)rafhtl Wrote: [ -> ]ONLY thing not working is WIFI system doesnt see it

Thankyou for your great work

raf

Thanks for your feedback.

You need newer firmware for wifi chip, which is bundled in our kernel package. So, easiest way to get it is to reinstall kernel package
thanks! let you know how it goes

Raf
Yes Nachteule

wifi is working correctly now!

thanks again

raf
@rafhtl

Thx for the feedback Smile
(26th Mar, 2018 01:31 AM)Nachteule Wrote: [ -> ]@rafhtl

Thx for the feedback Smile

One more thing that I have noticed
RPI3B+ 4.9.87+ has problems in reboot and halt

It gets stuck (remember how some years ago this used to happen with rpi2...)
anyways I have to unplug and all returns well but not very good...

Does this happen to you too?

thanks
Ok so i didn't get my unit yet, but i need to flash the Pi3 image and then do what for it to work correctly with the B+ model?
Thanks.
(26th Mar, 2018 05:33 AM)Exnor Wrote: [ -> ]Ok so i didn't get my unit yet, but i need to flash the Pi3 image and then do what for it to work correctly with the B+ model?
Thanks.

Setup as usual. You can use PINN 2.5b2 or regular XBian image.

Unfortunately at the moment, you can't do anything against the known critical Pi3B+ issues
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Reference URL's