Forum

Full Version: Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Plus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
@rafhtl
(26th Mar, 2018 03:09 AM)rafhtl Wrote: [ -> ]
(26th Mar, 2018 01:31 AM)Nachteule Wrote: [ -> ]@rafhtl

Thx for the feedback Smile

One more thing that I have noticed
RPI3B+ 4.9.87+ has problems in reboot and halt

No, not here. Reboot works always (unless the Pi3B+ did not produce kernel Oops before), and shutdown works mostly (sometime HDMI will not be powered off, but I'm getting shutdown message always)

Quote:It gets stuck (remember how some years ago this used to happen with rpi2...)
anyways I have to unplug and all returns well but not very good...

Yep, that's annoying, especially if reboot does not work.

Just tested with a fresh install, shutdown was completed successfully
(26th Mar, 2018 06:32 AM)Nachteule Wrote: [ -> ]Setup as usual. You can use PINN 2.5b2 or regular XBian image.

Unfortunately at the moment, you can't do anything against the known critical Pi3B+ issues

Oh... so i better wait then :/ You guys plan to make a B+ image in the future?
(26th Mar, 2018 08:22 AM)Exnor Wrote: [ -> ]Oh... so i better wait then :/ You guys plan to make a B+ image in the future?

Wait for what? If you have already ordered your Pi3B+ - XBian image is ready for use for Pi3B+, just the Raspberry Pi guys haven't done their homework, so Pi3B+ still have issues. If it's a software bug (kernel), it will be fixed when Raspberry Pi has released kernel patch. If bug is in hardware, then .... (no further comment Tongue)
(26th Mar, 2018 08:37 AM)Nachteule Wrote: [ -> ]
(26th Mar, 2018 08:22 AM)Exnor Wrote: [ -> ]Oh... so i better wait then :/ You guys plan to make a B+ image in the future?

Wait for what? If you have already ordered your Pi3B+ - XBian image is ready for use for Pi3B+, just the Raspberry Pi guys haven't done their homework, so Pi3B+ still have issues. If it's a software bug (kernel), it will be fixed when Raspberry Pi has released kernel patch. If bug is in hardware, then .... (no further comment Tongue)

Wait to migrate from the Pi 1 B to the Pi 3 B+... i kinda like a stable unit Tongue and i do need the WiFi chipset working without problems.
But i will give feedback of my experience as soon i get my unit plus a micro SD-card.
finally got the replacement for faulty RPi Tongue
So lets have some fun
(29th Mar, 2018 10:54 PM)rikardo1979 Wrote: [ -> ]finally got the replacement for faulty RPi Tongue
So lets have some fun

I'm ready to help whatever you need!!!
Smile
@all

could you please make a image backup by using xbian-config, function 6 (xbian copier) to a file mounted on a network share to see if this works with your Pi3B+

Mine Pi3B+ always stucks during this operation, getting multiple error messages, see this issue (mkreisl, that's me)

In the meantime, some kernel patches has been arrived (the latest one a couple of minutes ago), so you have to wait until 20:15 CET today) to install latest kernel (4.14.30+ version linux-image-bcm28364.14.30+-1522331581 in staging repo)

Thanks
Still struggling with that kind of hardware Angry

If Pi3B+ tends to instabilty, reducing sdram speed to 450MHz may help. To do this, please add

Code:
sdram_freq=450

to file /boot/config.txt

Unfortunately, the ethernet issues (based on new lan78xx based chip) are still not solved Sad
(7th Apr, 2018 03:59 AM)Nachteule Wrote: [ -> ]Still struggling with that kind of hardware Angry

If Pi3B+ tends to instabilty, reducing sdram speed to 450MHz may help. To do this, please add

Code:
sdram_freq=450

to file /boot/config.txt

Unfortunately, the ethernet issues (based on new lan78xx based chip) are still not solved Sad

What is the stock clock on the RAM? Also is it possible to overclock this one?

Since the price of this one is being inflated, is there any real advantage on getting the B+ over the 1st Pi 3? (i mean do anyone noticed any noticeable performance using Xbian and the new Pi 3 B+ in comparison with the previous model that is)
(7th Apr, 2018 06:45 AM)Exnor Wrote: [ -> ]What is the stock clock on the RAM? Also is it possible to overclock this one?

500, sure, if you like instable system you can do that

Quote:Since the price of this one is being inflated, is there any real advantage on getting the B+ over the 1st Pi 3? (i mean do anyone noticed any noticeable performance using Xbian and the new Pi 3 B+ in comparison with the previous model that is)

Yes, there is. Once ethernet is working, it is 2.5 times faster, and wlan is faster and supports 5G. You won't miss those new features

But you do not see any difference in CPU performance (cpu clock is only 16% higher)
(7th Apr, 2018 07:23 AM)Nachteule Wrote: [ -> ]
(7th Apr, 2018 06:45 AM)Exnor Wrote: [ -> ]What is the stock clock on the RAM? Also is it possible to overclock this one?

Quote:Since the price of this one is being inflated, is there any real advantage on getting the B+ over the 1st Pi 3? (i mean do anyone noticed any noticeable performance using Xbian and the new Pi 3 B+ in comparison with the previous model that is)

Yes, there is. Once ethernet is working, it is 2.5 times faster, and wlan is faster and supports 5G. You won't miss those new features

But you do not see any difference in CPU performance (cpu clock is only 16% higher)

No i actually meant to OC with stability... is it possible? And are you getting problems with stock RAM clock :o ?

Hmmm ok so the WiFi chipset it's actually better than the Pi3 standard.... that is what i wanted to hear. Now i only have to find out a decent retailer that is not overpricing the unit, or does not charge me almost half the price of the Pi for shipping >Sad

thanks (btw already got the casing (transparent one, looks really nice), PSU and even a thermal dissipator (not sure if its needed) but not the unit itself lol).
(8th Apr, 2018 04:23 AM)Exnor Wrote: [ -> ]
(7th Apr, 2018 07:23 AM)Nachteule Wrote: [ -> ]

No i actually meant to OC with stability... is it possible? And are you getting problems with stock RAM clock :o ?

Don't know, but IMO it does not make sense to overclock Pi3. And yes, my Pi3B+ is unstable (in the meantime I tested two of them) using default sdram clock

Quote:Hmmm ok so the WiFi chipset it's actually better than the Pi3 standard.... that is what i wanted to hear. Now i only have to find out a decent retailer that is not overpricing the unit, or does not charge me almost half the price of the Pi for shipping >Sad

thanks (btw already got the casing (transparent one, looks really nice), PSU and even a thermal dissipator (not sure if its needed) but not the unit itself lol).

What about Amazon ?
(8th Apr, 2018 04:32 AM)Nachteule Wrote: [ -> ]What about Amazon ?

Amazon is selling the Pi3 B+ for 43 Euros or more (plus shipping).... In my country some retailers are actually selling it above 50 € ...
Hi Nachteule
I am downloading new image from xbian
have you any news on the unstable issue with ethernet?
thank you
(24th Apr, 2018 02:36 AM)rafhtl Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Nachteule
I am downloading new image from xbian
have you any news on the unstable issue with ethernet?
thank you

No, unfortunately issue is not solved and can't see any work on it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Reference URL's