Forum

Full Version: Installing python modules fails
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I have tried to install some modules like "$ sudo python3 -m pip install coincurve"
but it fails, as shown in the output here.

Please what is likely wrong and what to try to install that module/s?

Actually i am trying to install multiple modules from requirements.txt file:
Quote:gevent==1.4.0; python_version <= "3.6"
greenlet==0.4.16; python_version <= "3.6"
gevent>=20.9.0; python_version >= "3.7"
msgpack>=0.4.4
base58
merkletools
rsa
PySocks>=1.6.8
pyasn1
websocket_client
gevent-ws
coincurve
maxminddb
(sudo python3 -m pip install -r ./requirements.txt)
Actually, this has nothing to do with XBian.

Have you taken the trouble to inspect the error log? It clearly says error: command 'arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc' failed: No such file or directory.

So, no gcc installed
How to install gcc?
$ sudo apt install gcc-arm-linux-gnueabihf
cause The following NEW packages will be installed:
Quote: binutils binutils-arm-linux-gnueabihf binutils-common cpp cpp-10 gcc gcc-10 libasan6 libatomic1 libbinutils libcc1-0 libctf-nobfd0 libctf0 libgcc-10-dev libisl23 libmpc3 libmpfr6 libubsan1

among other installed:
Quote:Setting up gcc-10 (10.2.1-6) ...
Setting up gcc (4:10.2.1-1) ...

$ pip install ...:
error: command '/usr/bin/arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc' failed with exit code 1

yet it is fake message, that path exist:
$ /usr/bin/arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc
Quote:arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc: fatal error: no input files
compilation terminated.
Again, look in the log:
Code:
arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc -pthread -Wno-unused-result -Wsign-compare -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O2 -Wall -g -ffile-prefix-map=/build/python3.9-jS0VHk/python3.9-3.9.2=. -fstack-protector-strong -Wformat -Werror=format-security -g -fwrapv -O2 -g -ffile-prefix-map=/build/python3.9-jS0VHk/python3.9-3.9.2=. -fstack-protector-strong -Wformat -Werror=format-security -Wdate-time -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fPIC -I/usr/include/ffi -I/usr/include/libffi -I/usr/include/python3.9 -c c/_cffi_backend.c -o build/temp.linux-armv7l-3.9/c/_cffi_backend.o

There are certainly still quite a few packages missing for the building of the cffi
But you have to find out for yourself which ones they are

(libffi-dev would already be a start)
When i "apt install libffi-dev", it still shows error output, this time for pysha3.
After searching for pysha3 debian package, found it may be package "python3-sha3":

sudo apt install python*sha3
Then the "pip install merkletools" succeeded without any error.

Both packages 300kB of data extracted.

But after running "pip install -r ./requirements.txt" cffi error output still there, so after searching "cffi python3 package debian" installed "sudo apt install python3-cffi"

cffi error remains as seen in this output of pip install command.

$ sudo python3 -m pip install cffi
Requirement already satisfied: cffi in /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages (1.14.5)
Read this: https://ofek.dev/coincurve/install/
You must still be missing python3-dev
Thanks, my pip version fits their requirements and command they mention:
sudo apt-get install autoconf automake build-essential libffi-dev libtool pkg-config python3-dev

means like +70MB used (while i already installed maybe 30MB, but i guess there is no "coincurve" python package in the repository Undecided

anyway that command helped, even i am not happy it uses that disk space (guessing it is not recommended to remove it now after install). Thank you for help!
All this stuff is only needed to create the python3 module.
The -dev packages, the gcc and a lot more can certainly be removed safely. But what are 100MB these days?
Only the python3 module has to be made with all of these things.
It is okay to delete the gcc, the -dev packages, and many other items. But what do 100MB today mean?

stickman fighter
(26th Apr, 2022 06:05 AM)postcd Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, my pip version fits their requirements and command they mention:
sudo apt-get install autoconf automake build-essential libffi-dev libtool pkg-config python3-dev

means like +70MB used suika game (while i already installed maybe 30MB, but i guess there is no "coincurve" python package in the repository Undecided

anyway that command helped, even i am not happy it uses that disk space (guessing it is not recommended to remove it now after install). Thank you for help!
My version is also quite suitable
(26th Apr, 2022 04:03 AM)Nachteule Wrote: [ -> ]Again, look in the log:
Code:
arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc -pthread -Wno-unused-result -Wsign-compare -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O2 -Wall -g -ffile-prefix-map=/build/python3.9-jS0VHk/ [url=https://bobtherobber.io][color=#000000]bob the robber[/color][/url] python3.9-3.9.2=. -fstack-protector-strong -Wformat -Werror=format-security -g -fwrapv -O2 -g -ffile-prefix-map=/build/python3.9-jS0VHk/python3.9-3.9.2=. -fstack-protector-strong -Wformat -Werror=format-security -Wdate-time -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fPIC -I/usr/include/ffi -I/usr/include/libffi -I/usr/include/python3.9 -c c/_cffi_backend.c -o build/temp.linux-armv7l-3.9/c/_cffi_backend.o

There are certainly still quite a few packages missing for the building of the cffi
But you have to find out for yourself which ones they are

(libffi-dev would already be a start)

have the answer. Thanks
Reference URL's