Forum

Full Version: Unable to connect to SMB, NFS or AFP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
no i dont use wifi i only use ethernet
Hi there!

i have the same problem with afp/samba shares. i see my computers via zeroconf or the samba workgroup but can't connect to them. hitting enter just does nothing. i also tried raspbmc where afp connections work (but i don't like raspbmc as much as xbian Wink), so it's not a network adapter issue. how about trying version 0.8.3? should i give it a shot?

greetings, Phil.
If you can, try 0.8.3
(26th Feb, 2013 01:45 AM)CurlyMo Wrote: [ -> ]If you can, try 0.8.3

Sorry to ask, but what is 0.8.3?
An ancient XBian version
I just tried openElec and I confirm that it works like it should. So there may be a problem with Xbian version 1.0 a5. This is sad because it is much more easier to configure and it recognize my wifi dongle right away which OpenElec did not.
can you post your /home/xbian/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log after you tied to connect to a share? ( post it on http://www.pastebin.com and link it here)
hi there!

that's what should be interesting for you:

Code:
03:42:59 T:3042414592   DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (DialogNetworkSetup.xml) ------
03:42:59 T:3042414592   DEBUG: SECTION:LoadDLL(libafpclient.so.0)
03:43:00 T:3042414592   DEBUG: Loading: libafpclient.so.0
03:43:00 T:3042414592   ERROR: Unable to load libafpclient.so.0, reason: libafpclient.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
03:43:00 T:3042414592   DEBUG: Dll libafpclient.so.0 was not found in path
03:43:00 T:3042414592   ERROR: AFP: Error loading afpclient lib.
03:43:00 T:3042414592   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting afp://mediacenter.local/
03:43:00 T:3042414592   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogYesNo.xml) ------

seems that the afp clientlibrary is not loaded or in a wrong directory...?!
Does it work after doing:
Code:
sudo apt-get install libafpclient0
haha, before i checked back here i installed libafpclient0 myself and now it works! but it would be great if that package comes with the standard install of xbian - would be great for not so experienced users Wink
Done, and thanks! Now a fix for NFS Wink
Both NFS & samba work without problems here
But still not from for example FreeBSD.
just a little update on afp connections:

adding an afp source will work but scanning media, browsing files, starting movies, everything that's related to the afp connection is... let's say "strange".

fanarts and posters are not recognized, files are wrongly referenced which means that xbmc is trying to play a VIDEO_TS.ifo file from a folder where avi files but no VIDEO_TS files are. sometimes xbmc wants to start the .V100-Spotlight folder but there is no such folder (checked via terminal on a mac and ls -la) and other issues like blackscreens... i switched back to a samba connection. not happy with this solution, but it works...
So smb does work? (the title says not)
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's