Forum

Full Version: Unable to connect to SMB, NFS or AFP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(28th Feb, 2013 03:19 AM)Koenkk Wrote: [ -> ]So smb does work? (the title says not)

No SMB, AFP or NFS for me. Upnp only.

I tried openElec and I confirm that it works like it should. So there may be a problem with Xbian version 1.0 a5. This is sad because it is much more easier to configure and it recognize my wifi dongle right away which OpenElec did not.
Can you explain exactly what doesn't work? Also can you post your xbmc.log after you tried to connect to a SMB, AFP or NFS share? Guide: http://forum.xbian.org/announcement-8.html
(28th Feb, 2013 07:09 PM)Koenkk Wrote: [ -> ]Can you explain exactly what doesn't work? Also can you post your xbmc.log after you tried to connect to a SMB, AFP or NFS share? Guide: http://forum.xbian.org/announcement-8.html

When I try to connect XMBC to my Synology NAS only uPnp works. SMB, NFS or AFP can't connect. Clicking either SMB, NFS or AFP "button" and nothing is happening. I then tried to manually add a new location either by name or ip with user name/password etc... But as soon as I hit enter nothing happen. So I tested the same operation on my MacbookPro with a fresh copy of XBMC and it's working. So I can rule out the NAS. In fact even OpenElec works.

For a log I will have to give you that this week-end as I am not home right now.

Thanks for helping.

By the way I tried Raspbmc and it is the same result as Xbian.
just asking: can you connect to the NAS via smb from a pc/mac?
(1st Mar, 2013 03:40 AM)MarvinTheRobot Wrote: [ -> ]just asking: can you connect to the NAS via smb from a pc/mac?

Actually I use AFP with my Macbook Pro, I will try SMB this week-end.
I'm interested in this too, Im having the same issues as @Lebrett. I'm running Xbian 1.0a on a Raspberry Pi 512mb and I'm trying to connect to a shared folder on my Synology Diskstation 213+ via Ethernet LAN. I'm not sure if I have logging enabled but I'll check when I'm home tomoro and enable it... am happy to post my log once I have it

Btw, I can connect to the NAS just fine over Ethernet and wireless LAN from various computers running Win XP and Win 7. It's only Xbian on the raspberry Pi that's causing me grief

My iPhone connects to the NAS just fine over wi-fi too
Here's my details:

Xbian 1.0a4
Raspberry Pi Model B (512MB)
Overclocked to 'Xbian' level (i.e. 840MHz ARM, 375MHz GPU, 400MHz RAM, no overvoltage)
Nokia AC-10X 5V / 1.2A power supply
Samsung 32GB Micro SD HC Class 10 (with matching Samsung micro SD adapter)
Sandisk 16GB Cruzer Blade USB memory stick
Anker KP-810-10A mini wireless keyboard connected via unbranded 2.4GHz wireless USB adapter
LAN / internet connection is Ethernet

I've been fiddling and I've actually just got Xbian 1.0a4 talking to my Synology DS213+ NAS using Samba!

I created a new user account on the NAS called 'xbian', with no password required and read/write access to the relevant folders (i.e. the folders I want to share with Xbian). Once I did this, Xbian seemed happy to allow me to map the relevant folders using SMB.

I don't know if the name of the new account I created on the NAS needs to be 'xbian' or not. The lack of a password required and the read/write permissions being set are definitely important though.

It's probably not a particularly secure way of going about it but it'll do the job for me on my closed home network.

Hope this helps some of you Smile
Anybody solved the NFS issue with Xbian?

Having a Synology I can see the NFS share but can't select the specified map (/volume1/music for example) It's only accesible via UPNP but the I can't use libraries anymore.
Very annoying problem that didn't occur with previous versions like 0.8.3
No issues here with NFS access via latest beta 1.1 (or with alpha5) - is the IP of your Pi listed as one of the valid IP's with access to the NFS share? (I assume you followed the XBMC wiki entry on NFS setup for Synology?)
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's