Forum

Full Version: Confluence for xbian
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
A feature i really like to see is the finish hour of certain movie we starting to see, its a feature we can start to see in alot of skins and i think its great.
(27th Mar, 2013 10:19 PM)blackfenix Wrote: [ -> ]A feature i really like to see is the finish hour of certain movie we starting to see, its a feature we can start to see in alot of skins and i think its great.

+10. Math is just hard Smile
(27th Mar, 2013 06:50 AM)BartOtten Wrote: [ -> ]Zilexa: MyEpi is the thing you are looking for I think (although in very early development). It's made by xraxor who is.....already working on the skin for us. The team plans to make that skin the 'second option' for those who want to try a very light skin.

http://forum.xbian.org/thread-434.html

I dont have access to that thread Smile
But I will try MyEpi. Finally finished my own RPi setup so as soon as the backup has been created I will focus on creating packages for Xbian and test MyEpi!
(21st Mar, 2013 08:31 PM)mad-max Wrote: [ -> ]Hello community,

as there shall be a "Confluence for xbian" skin that will be shipped with xbian we need your help on that one.

How can you help?

Give us ideas, features you would like to see anything skin related that comes to your mind...
What is THE feature that the skin must have?

Feel free to post suggestions, ideas, feature request and so on...
Also feel free to discuss about these things here...

With your help, we can make the perfect xbian skin...

Let the creativity flow...

mad-max

One simple change I would like to see in confluence.
The ability to change the background image to something a little less flashy. I particularly like the Aeon Nox darker gray picture images used when you first sign into Aeon.
Sampl: that's already planned
(25th Mar, 2013 11:27 PM)Smultie Wrote: [ -> ]I do use the favourites-star a lot. So please don't remove it. An option to remove it, is okay of course.

Hi.

Just curious how you use the star. I've never even had the inkling to click on it and see what happens Smile Absolutely agree it should be a toggle option, I didn't mean for my idea to decrease anyone else's experience with XBian Smile

I guess there's the context menu when browsing files. Is that how you add items to the favorites star? Then when you want to view something you've added, you just click on the star from the home screen? I guess this sounds obvious but I'm always interested in hearing more about how people use dynamic interfaces.

(25th Mar, 2013 08:58 PM)mad-max Wrote: [ -> ]
(25th Mar, 2013 03:17 PM)raspberry_pd Wrote: [ -> ]I'd like a recently-watched menu/tab on the home screen, along with the recently added thumbs staying, perhaps under a separate tab.
Already watched or still in progress?

Perhaps recently watched but definitely 'in progress'

(25th Mar, 2013 03:17 PM)raspberry_pd Wrote: [ -> ]I often find myself stopping a show, because I know I can use the resume option rather than pausing, and then when I want to come back resume that show, I have to dig through all the menus again, which is slow on the Pi if you have around 100 TV shows like I do, or 850 odd movies.
That's why there is "Shows in progress" as entry in database...

Cool

(25th Mar, 2013 03:17 PM)raspberry_pd Wrote: [ -> ]I also find that I don't really need the thumbnail from the show in recently viewed lists. it would be better as a list, with the a thumb on the right, if necessary.
I don't know of what part of the skin you are talking about...recently added?

TV Shows and Movies have boxes above them on the home screen. You can scroll horizontally to view up to eight boxes in TV Show mode. I guess what I was thinking is that often the screenshot is random so not necessarily that meaningful. However the show title and episode information is often forced to scroll horizontally inside it's box which isn't great. I could do a mockup in HTML if you're interested? Anybody notice that the latest version of Linux Mint has a fully-HTML customizable login screen? Wish XBMC would move to HTML/CSS/JS for skinning.

(25th Mar, 2013 03:17 PM)raspberry_pd Wrote: [ -> ]I'd also like to see the sub-menus listed vertically, not horizontally, at least as an option, since that makes more sense to me.
Won't be changed Wink

Fair enough, this one was a bit out there Smile

(25th Mar, 2013 03:17 PM)raspberry_pd Wrote: [ -> ]A wishlist item would be to have the background synch with online desktop background services so changing the background doesn't have to involve getting onto your computer and preparing something, then moving the file across or hunting for it on a network share. If there was an option to have randomly changing backgrounds that would rock!
There will be an option to have multiple cycling backgrounds for home menu...

Sounds good.

(25th Mar, 2013 03:17 PM)raspberry_pd Wrote: [ -> ]I also feel that the XBMC word/logo on the home screen should be removed/replaced with the XBian word/logo since it's better branding and easier for those unfamiliar with the many layers of projects that make up XBian to understand. Acknowledging XBMC as a project is important but I don't think this has to be done constantly on the home screen background.
Already done Smile

Groovy

(25th Mar, 2013 03:17 PM)raspberry_pd Wrote: [ -> ]Another option I'd recommend is hiding the time when it has not been updated within the last few minutes or so. The lack of a Real-Time Clock (RTC) on the Raspi makes it impossible to keep the time when network issues appear, so in situations such as immediately after boot, the time should be hidden rather than displayed incorrectly.
Good catch...will look into it

Hope it's not too hard.

(25th Mar, 2013 03:17 PM)raspberry_pd Wrote: [ -> ]I'd remove the favourites star from the home screen as well. Or at least provide an option to do that. I never use it.
Sounds like a good idea...

Come to think of it, how about the ability to customize the context menu? There's a heap of options in there I don't use so that slows down interaction as each one has to be slowly passed. I suspect this may not be something that a skinner can currently do though.

(25th Mar, 2013 03:17 PM)raspberry_pd Wrote: [ -> ]Also, because the Pi is so slow when viewing a significant library and/or when using HDMI-CEC (why is CEC slower than a WiFi remnote like Yatse?), the sorting options should not take effect immediately. That can result in slow delays while we cycle through the 3 or 4 sorting options that we don't want, in order to get to the one we do. It's worse when you can't make up your mind! LOL. So this step should be a two-step process whereby the user scrolls quickly up/down through the sort options, then clicks one when they've decided what they want. This will be a lot more snappy.
This part comes from core xbmc...so there is nothing a skinner can do about...sorry

Oh well.
(4th Jun, 2013 04:32 AM)raspberry_pd Wrote: [ -> ]
(25th Mar, 2013 11:27 PM)Smultie Wrote: [ -> ]I do use the favourites-star a lot. So please don't remove it. An option to remove it, is okay of course.

Hi.

Just curious how you use the star. I've never even had the inkling to click on it and see what happens Smile Absolutely agree it should be a toggle option, I didn't mean for my idea to decrease anyone else's experience with XBian Smile

I guess there's the context menu when browsing files. Is that how you add items to the favorites star? Then when you want to view something you've added, you just click on the star from the home screen? I guess this sounds obvious but I'm always interested in hearing more about how people use dynamic interfaces.

That is indeed exactly how I use the favourites.
Well, mainly my wife and kid, but you get the idea.
I would like to have;

a) A list of "in progress" videos in general, I don't care if they are from TV/Movies library or loose videos without a library assigned.

b) An icon as a column on every video list if there's a subtitle associated to some video. ("XBMC Subtitles" addon already has a local subtitle detection, so that method/function could maybe resolve this easely).

Thanks!
(6th Jun, 2013 04:46 PM)martinrevert Wrote: [ -> ]I would like to have;

a) A list of "in progress" videos in general, I don't care if they are from TV/Movies library or loose videos without a library assigned.

b) An icon as a column on every video list if there's a subtitle associated to some video. ("XBMC Subtitles" addon already has a local subtitle detection, so that method/function could maybe resolve this easely).

Thanks!
a) With in progress, you mean video´s you are watching, then stopped during playback?
This can also be done with a smart playlist

Now looking into how we can get that smart playlist loaded via skin.

b) Its possible, but imagine if someone has a big library, there would be alot I/O usage just for checking subtitles.

For point b: There is an auto subtitle downloader for 12.2.
It checks if the movie has subtitles if not, if downloads them via the xbmc subtitles addon.
https://github.com/amet/service.autosubs
Hello,
I don't know if it's skin-related, but it would be nice to have a sticker for 3d content like the blueray, resolution, and audio ones in the movie information panel. Or even better, directly in the movie list, next to the HD / SD ones.
Hi, all, 1st post and nex to the raspberry PI/Xbmc.

I've just updated to the nex Xbian beta 1 but have a couple of teething problems. Since upgrading none of my addon thumbs appear? It just shows a blue jigsaw piece, does anyone know how to resolve?

Also, the Ice film now doesn't show the image when requesting to stream or download movies from
Bu or 180? Previously the image would display then the text box would appear ?

Again, any advise on this would be great.

Many Thank
please read the official Beta1 thread for fix
-thx-
1) I'd like to see xbmc restart from within xbmc (Say on the shutdown window)
2) A working cpu usage display (something similar to the "OSD" when watching a video)
I know this may not be possible due to the actual screen using a lot of CPU at the time of display but ....
3) An option to play songs automatically when an album is selected.
Two words: Kiosk mode.

Lack of kiosk mode in stock Confluence is a bit of a pet peeve. To my thinking kiosk mode is key to make it kid-resistant and wife-accepted. Wink
(1st Jul, 2013 12:59 AM)IriDium Wrote: [ -> ]1) I'd like to see xbmc restart from within xbmc (Say on the shutdown window)
2) A working cpu usage display (something similar to the "OSD" when watching a video)
I know this may not be possible due to the actual screen using a lot of CPU at the time of display but ....
3) An option to play songs automatically when an album is selected.

1) you can do the xbmc restart yourself. just install any of the add ons which are able to start system command / script and map a hotkey, or menu or what do you want to "reload xbmc", or "kill -HUP xbmc".

2) and what it should show then? I suppose the cpu load is hidden in the skin because everybody complained, why it is 60-90%, when the RPI is doing nothing. so is out. but the high cpu load is cpu load. so much cpu power the xbmc by "redrawing" screen takes. when you play movie, gpu is doing the work and cpu is on holiday. it's absurd, but if you wan't to get you RPI a little bit rest and cool minutes, play a HD video Big Grin

3) what it it? that you moves you cursor over album on list and it starts playing? ... the xbmcs music part is not the best, but is loong over the cpu limit of RPI and not even on RPI. I have 30.000 track on iCloud / two iTunes libraries. I had a dream to have it on XBMC installations available as well, but with some hassles currently I'm at 9.000 tracks indexed in sql db which makes the whole XBMC like snail, to find an album and play a track takes looong seconds, sometimes crashes. but RPI is able to play this db when controlled from iPhone, or other remote.
but tell me what's your idea and let's see. Smile

(7th Jul, 2013 10:44 AM)Dee Wrote: [ -> ]Two words: Kiosk mode.

Lack of kiosk mode in stock Confluence is a bit of a pet peeve. To my thinking kiosk mode is key to make it kid-resistant and wife-accepted. Wink

what is kiosk mode ?
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's