Forum

Full Version: Confluence for xbian
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Sugestion:
An option to change video menu when playing a video to the top or bottom of the screen so it does not hide subtitles.

Good work Wink
(7th Jul, 2013 01:14 PM)mk01 Wrote: [ -> ]what is kiosk mode ?

Kiosk mode is an option which disables the View Options sub-menu (usually accessed from a library page by pressing Left or Up - the menu then slides in from the left of the screen). After setting up the views the way you like them, enabling kiosk mode helps make sure the views aren't changed as well as keeps people from accidentally accessing View Options when they don't mean to.

Have a look at the Confluence-MOD Vol 2 skin for an example (Skin Settings->General Settings->Miscellaneous Options->Enable KIOSK Mode).
How can you modify the confluence skin? I would like to have the Movie menu option turned on and see fanart not just a list of movies...........

(21st Mar, 2013 08:31 PM)mad-max Wrote: [ -> ]Hello community,

as there shall be a "Confluence for xbian" skin that will be shipped with xbian we need your help on that one.

How can you help?

Give us ideas, features you would like to see anything skin related that comes to your mind...
What is THE feature that the skin must have?

Feel free to post suggestions, ideas, feature request and so on...
Also feel free to discuss about these things here...

With your help, we can make the perfect xbian skin...

Let the creativity flow...

mad-max
this is basic option of the skin Wink
once you add the media into library the Movie menu appears on the Home screen and you can switch between the views
I recently setup my RPi with Xbian and have been teaching my parents how to use it. The problem I noticed when they are using it is, the movie titles and tv show titles text is too small for them to read. It would be great if the text+pictures were a little bit bigger.
(14th Jul, 2013 04:56 AM)giorf Wrote: [ -> ]How can you modify the confluence skin? I would like to have the Movie menu option turned on and see fanart not just a list of movies...........

(21st Mar, 2013 08:31 PM)mad-max Wrote: [ -> ]Hello community,

as there shall be a "Confluence for xbian" skin that will be shipped with xbian we need your help on that one.

How can you help?

Give us ideas, features you would like to see anything skin related that comes to your mind...
What is THE feature that the skin must have?

Feel free to post suggestions, ideas, feature request and so on...
Also feel free to discuss about these things here...

With your help, we can make the perfect xbian skin...

Let the creativity flow...

mad-max

(26th Jul, 2013 05:57 AM)careless25 Wrote: [ -> ]I recently setup my RPi with Xbian and have been teaching my parents how to use it. The problem I noticed when they are using it is, the movie titles and tv show titles text is too small for them to read. It would be great if the text+pictures were a little bit bigger.

Try this link for a tutorial on how to edit the confluence skin:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW-TO:Edit_the_home_screen_skin_files
Certainly acts funny on "Batman" - screen goes blank now and nothing seems to happen. Will wait a while until Beta 1.2 is a bit more settled and try again.

Is the "Show weather as background" work in progress? As it cannot be selected.

Also - I'd like to be able to select what System Info I display. I have no need to see what XBMC release I am on.

I also think that CPU could be displayed (IMHO)- as on the main screen the CPU is correct, it's only when displaying sub pages that it shoots up to 90+% or is my ignorance in skinning showing Smile

I still think a custom xbian background should be the default (Yes I know it can be changed). Something to show it is xbian and not just confluence. I do like the latest Raspbmc. Angel

All in all it's looking good. Thanks for all your hard work.
(20th Aug, 2013 03:01 AM)IriDium Wrote: [ -> ]Certainly acts funny on "Batman" - screen goes blank now and nothing seems to happen. Will wait a while until Beta 1.2 is a bit more settled and try again.

Is the "Show weather as background" work in progress? As it cannot be selected.

Also - I'd like to be able to select what System Info I display. I have no need to see what XBMC release I am on.

I also think that CPU could be displayed (IMHO)- as on the main screen the CPU is correct, it's only when displaying sub pages that it shoots up to 90+% or is my ignorance in skinning showing Smile

I still think a custom xbian background should be the default (Yes I know it can be changed). Something to show it is xbian and not just confluence. I do like the latest Raspbmc. Angel

All in all it's looking good. Thanks for all your hard work.
For the weatherbackgound to work, you have to set an fanart dir at the weather screen.
I've just tested in on Beta 1.2 and there are no known issues.

As the CPU is showing as correct in System Info, I think that the CPU value would be better shown on the home screen rather than the XBMC version
Can I throw out that I would like an "update library" as maybe one of the video sub menu options? I like to use my tv remote (until I can get my usb remote working), and because I have an lg tv, I only have a few buttons, none of which are a context menu. Therefore, it's really hard to update the library. I reboot the pi fairly often, so I'd rather not have it check on startup. And I also have the auto-updater plugin, but it would be easiest to just update after I've copied something to it.
(6th Sep, 2013 05:39 AM)thenork Wrote: [ -> ]Can I throw out that I would like an "update library" as maybe one of the video sub menu options? I like to use my tv remote (until I can get my usb remote working), and because I have an lg tv, I only have a few buttons, none of which are a context menu. Therefore, it's really hard to update the library. I reboot the pi fairly often, so I'd rather not have it check on startup. And I also have the auto-updater plugin, but it would be easiest to just update after I've copied something to it.
Good one!
Another idea is to map a key to the update library.
(6th Sep, 2013 08:16 PM)brantje Wrote: [ -> ]
(6th Sep, 2013 05:39 AM)thenork Wrote: [ -> ]Can I throw out that I would like an "update library" as maybe one of the video sub menu options? I like to use my tv remote (until I can get my usb remote working), and because I have an lg tv, I only have a few buttons, none of which are a context menu. Therefore, it's really hard to update the library. I reboot the pi fairly often, so I'd rather not have it check on startup. And I also have the auto-updater plugin, but it would be easiest to just update after I've copied something to it.
Good one!
Another idea is to map a key to the update library.
you have this option in submenu dudes Wink it was always there. just when you are on source press C on keyboard or Option on remote to evoke contextual menu and you have Scan for new content option Wink
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's