Forum

Full Version: Scheduled backups package with Rsnapshot(rsync script)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was wondering if maybe you could implement Rsnapshot as an optional package to easily configure high performance/effective backups.
Rsnapshot is an script that uses rsync to backup only the differences with hard links.
Here is the main website of the project http://www.rsnapshot.org/
I have been using it for a couple of weeks and yesterday I was able to restore my whole system (after a really inconvenient power loss when updating).
My setup is:
I backup my raspberry pi to its external hard drive with Rsnapshot, and then I use my desktop PC which runs linux to sync it to the internal hard drive via Rsync-SSH.

If it seems plausible i can give more information about the configuration required!
We are planning to implement btrfs as our main FS, so backups are easily configured using snapshots.
Great news! Thank you very much for the information.
(21st Mar, 2013 09:01 PM)CurlyMo Wrote: [ -> ]We are planning to implement btrfs as our main FS, so backups are easily configured using snapshots.

Will ti be in the near future? I just started to investigate how to backup my raspPI.
I run so many things on that device and so many things are configured. I would
go nuts if I would lost all that.
it's already running on developers RPIs. it's question of hours, maybe days. we are in the process of finishing update-package.
Reference URL's