Forum

Full Version: eGalax touchscreen calibration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
(28th Aug, 2013 02:39 AM)Markamc Wrote: [ -> ]
(28th Aug, 2013 12:46 AM)ph87 Wrote: [ -> ]It's working for me... but should I still update your scripts? Are there some other improvements regarding speed or handling... whose can be important?

I made some changes to touchscreen.py, I have your mutlitouch.py config included in the new uimapper.tar.gz file so if you leave the conf file it should still work ok. I need to compare the two config files to see differences.

It might be laggy since its reading two events from the TS, maybe I can find a way to grab all events but not read, I will look into the 'grab' code?

Your TS is a much higher resolution to, maybe this makes a difference.

No speed improvements atm though, just bugs with resolution changes and calibration. Also been looking into PyPy for speed improvements, a little busy at work so I have less time atm.

I'll keep you posted...

mark
If you have github, then give me your username, then you can push the new uimapper =)
Or, i have to do it tomorrow @ work right now
@brantje , user Markamc on github.....need to get into this really....please bear with me!

@ph87
You can get the new uimapper.tar.gz and extract and move etc from here atm
Terminal
wget --no-check -O uimapper.tar.gz "https://docs.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0B4lrG9aRe-8Malg2VkM0YW1CT28"

sudo mkdir -p /scripts && tar -zxvf uimapper.tar.gz -C /scripts

I have just added a input-grab.py (input-read.py stripped-down) this can be used just to grab the other events from the device, it's a quick/dirty solution to see if it improves performance since there is no need to read the events.

Just change the last input-read.py statements in the uimapper.conf file to input-grab.py instead.

Hope it improves performance for you, cheers

mark
(28th Aug, 2013 05:25 AM)Markamc Wrote: [ -> ]@brantje , user Markamc on github.....need to get into this really....please bear with me!

@ph87
Terminal
wget --no-check -O uimapper.tar.gz "https://docs.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0B4lrG9aRe-8Malg2VkM0YW1CT28"

I have just added a input-grab.py (input-read.py stripped-down) this can be used just to grab the other events from the device, it's a quick/dirty solution to see if it improves performance since there is no need to read the events.

Just change the last input-read.py statements in the uimapper.conf file to input-grab.py instead.

Hope it improves performance for you, cheers

mark

Will send you a pm with instructions when I wake up ツ.
(28th Aug, 2013 05:25 AM)Markamc Wrote: [ -> ]@ph87
Terminal

I'm busy with other "projects" atm... will report the results as soon as I've tested it!
Finally had some spare time to update git.
Marc, will swype work?
Thanks Brantje, didn't finish the swipe functionality was looking into it, I could detect the condition but have not managed to inject an event.
Will look into it, but for now, its not working with beta 2.
why? what changed ?
Great to see you here mk01, you must have sorted everything out everywhere else!!....unfortunately not for me! think I will stick to previous beta.

I now have instant touch-action, everything I touch gets action-ed immediately, previously, I could select and then action with a slightly longer press, controlled externally from a python program (also controlling the BTN_RIGHT and calibration) using uimapper. Now, I action everything with one touch , which makes it a problem.

This is a 'dirty' solution, unless a configurable driver including calibration can be provided for every TS, then I think a more 'open' solution would be preferable.
which modules are loaded ? I can check in kernel source tree, whether some defaults didn't change suddenly ?

3.9.y kernel tree it was ?
I am guessing this is a result of applying the new egalax patch from Andrei.

I believe the new patch solves the original 'single touch' (mousedrag) inside the xbmc code. I was forcing an extra event outside xbmc and controlling BTN_RIGHT/calibration.

Maybe others prefer it, but it means a 'touch press' now 'actions' a button immediately; it would be nice to include tiny a delay, to prevent accessing everything with a touch. For example, normal behavior on selecting the outermost item(left/right) would scroll the menu, now it accesses the item. Maybe Andrei could sort this??
Actually, the system seems ok, you get used to the sensitivity after a while and as long as you keep TOUCH-contact you can navigate the menu ok. Everything else works as normal, on release of BETA1.2 I will remove the extra BTN_TOUCH event So, I'm happy, finally...must be my age!
thanks for update.

in case of issues (and modification of kernel or modules would be needed) let us know.
(13th Sep, 2013 07:30 AM)Markamc Wrote: [ -> ]Actually, the system seems ok, you get used to the sensitivity after a while and as long as you keep TOUCH-contact you can navigate the menu ok. Everything else works as normal, on release of BETA1.2 I will remove the extra BTN_TOUCH event So, I'm happy,
finally...must be my age!
How did you calibrate the touchscreen?
With install.sh or another way?
I have just tested the calibration again, I use the 'sh ts_calib.sh' script I originally used and all is ok.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Reference URL's