Forum

Full Version: eGalax touchscreen calibration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Here's the link to my image

xbian1a5-12.2egalax.img (1.76 GB)

https://mega.co.nz/#!gE1klAZY!agjuXw-XvbH7Cjs0bxxKYjAwfwBW28qPv7rLRihBa0w

You will need to edit the calib file to suit your setup

usr/share/eGalaxCalibration/touchscreen_axes_calib
Great!!! I download it now! Smile
Compiled XBMC gotham and frodo with this patch, take a look at github: xbianonpi/xbian-package-xbmc frodo-nightly branch, content folder.
ok, thanks will try

can confirm,

sudo apt-get install xbian-package-xbmc

gave dual pointers problem, then fixed with github: xbianonpi/xbian-package-xbmc frodo-nightly branch, content folder. (xbmc.bin)

cheers Koenkk

hope it works for everyone
I don't understand the difference between your img with the installation of "xbian-package-xbmc" Smile
Does it work?

for me , my image worked ok, but when I updated to the "xbian-package-xbmc" , it gave me the double pointer error.

I then used Koenkk's re-compiled xbmc.bin file and now my system is back to normal..
Beta 1 will contain the new xbmc.bin (with egalax support)
Your image works perfectly! There is only one issue...when clicked an item in the menu I have to do the double click, there a way wirthout remake all to have the single click?
Thanks!
The original patch from Andrei didn't work for me, I couldn't click at all (Mousedrag problem). So I changed the patch to allow a double click instead, better than nothing for me. I have not found a way yet to make it work with a single click. It needs some work, maybe a long press
Hello everybody,

i got xbian running with an acer T230H Usb-Touchscreen. Worked right out of the box, only had to set the gui-resolution to 1080p, no calibration needed. If only it would work with singletap... have to doubleclick everything precisely (mousedrag problem). So if anyone could offer a patched xbian-version with touchscreen singleclick working this would be awesome Smile (And, to get greedy, a long press for Contextmenu would be even more awesome).
For those who are interested...

http://uxdesign.smashingmagazine.com/2012/02/21/finger-friendly-design-ideal-mobile-touchscreen-target-sizes/

I know we all know this, but ....as xbmc is primarily for mouse control, the touch screen works as a mouse, an absolute mouse. So it is unlikely to hit the same place twice accurately (within a confines limit)

Having played with this before unsuccessfully, I decided to try again; after the changes made for 12.2 and 13 in the MouseStat.cpp file (xbmc git).

Just compiled 12.2 again, having changed click confines values in MouseStat.h from click_confines =7 to click_confines=50. This seems to work like my touchpad and mouse now, more forgiving, allowing me to move to a focus and single click to action.

For reference I have a 7" touchscreen, no need to double click, you can single-tap the focused button without the need to double-click.

This value should really depend on screen-size : finger ratio, for touchscreen, not important for accurate mouse....need proper coding, maybe in 13 final?

Will work to in Beta1 - hopefully
Hi mark, so you have a version with single tap function? Is there the problem of mouse drag yet?
Sorry for the disorder Smile
(22nd May, 2013 07:46 PM)raspuca Wrote: [ -> ]Hi mark, so you have a version with single tap function? Is there the problem of mouse drag yet?
Sorry for the disorder Smile

not necessarily, it acts like the mouse, i.e., hover over a button, it takes focus, so a single click (or finger press) actions the option

....no more mousedrag caused by finger-press moving the pointer out-of-range defined by "click_confines" and Inclickrange check in xbmc
Hi Mark,
I'm really interested in your recompiled Xbmc 12.2 Version with the changed MouseStat.h, any chance you can upload it somewhere and give me a hint how to replace my current xbmc on my pi with your new one?

Or alternatively can anyone point me at a good how-to, how to set up a correct build env for xbmc on the pi? Or to crosscompile under ubuntu or debian -I tried, but somehow I'm to stupid to figure it all out.

Thanks in advance,
Keep up the good work - looking forward to own the nerdiest kitchen-radio ever Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Reference URL's