Forum
XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 Public testing - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Testing & Experimental (/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 Public testing (/thread-1077.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 Public testing - nsviper - 10th Jul, 2013 05:49 PM

Updates to the external USB device issue (btw its an NTFS format disk)

trying /mount/sdb /media/FREECOM HDD-2C02268102264FDE is showing:
Quote:libkmod: ERROR ../libkmod/libkmod.c:554 kmod_search_moddep: could not open moddep file '/lib/modules'3.9.8+/modules.dep.bin'

modprobe fuse shows:
Quote:libkmod: ERROR ../libkmod/libkmod.c:554 kmod_search_moddep: could not open moddep file '/lib/modules'3.9.8+/modules.dep.bin'

Playing movies over NFS/FTP is all good, so my network side of its fine, just trying to test with USB disk...

RE: XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 Public testing - CurlyMo - 10th Jul, 2013 05:59 PM

These are kernel / kernel modules mismatch errors. You can try to reinstall the kernel...

RE: XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 Public testing - nsviper - 10th Jul, 2013 06:01 PM

(10th Jul, 2013 05:59 PM)CurlyMo Wrote:  These are kernel / kernel modules mismatch errors. You can try to reinstall the kernel...

Thanks dude, don't suppose you can point me in the direction of commands etc?, or is it just rerun the update commands from 1st post in this thread?

RE: XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 Public testing - nsviper - 11th Jul, 2013 07:10 AM

Ok, after a complete format, reinstall and repatch to latest, everything looking better now.

Time to test Smile

RE: XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 Public testing - nsviper - 11th Jul, 2013 06:07 PM

XBian Version: 1.0BETA1.1 Linux 3.9.8+ #2 PREEMPT Tue Jul 2 17:38:12 CEST 2013 ARMV6L
XBMC Version: 12.2 GIT:20130502-32B1A5E (Compiled: May 28 2013)
XBMC Skin: Amber

Current install running off a cr*ppy 4GB class 4 SD Card (will be migrating to a 32GB USB key once happy its all stable)

Initial observations
- In my opinion GUI seems much smoother than Alpha5 - I still have a "production" Pi running Alpha5 and Amber that I'm happy with but will update to this new version soon
- No issues with playback direct from USB disk now, or from NFS source (NAS). Have tested 500MB (25 min) 720p MKV's up to 14GB 1080p 3D MKV's with no stuttering etc.
- Movie/TV Series scraping all ok
- iPlayer / ITV Player plugins ok
- Still have an issue with the WiFi Adapter (see post http://forum.xbian.org/showthread.php?tid=1077&pid=12500#pid12500)

Still more to test...

RE: XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 Public testing - rikardo1979 - 12th Jul, 2013 01:25 AM

(11th Jul, 2013 06:07 PM)nsviper Wrote:  XBian Version: 1.0BETA1.1 Linux 3.9.8+ #2 PREEMPT Tue Jul 2 17:38:12 CEST 2013 ARMV6L
XBMC Version: 12.2 GIT:20130502-32B1A5E (Compiled: May 28 2013)
XBMC Skin: Amber

Current install running off a cr*ppy 4GB class 4 SD Card (will be migrating to a 32GB USB key once happy its all stable)

Initial observations
- In my opinion GUI seems much smoother than Alpha5 - I still have a "production" Pi running Alpha5 and Amber that I'm happy with but will update to this new version soon
- No issues with playback direct from USB disk now, or from NFS source (NAS). Have tested 500MB (25 min) 720p MKV's up to 14GB 1080p 3D MKV's with no stuttering etc.
- Movie/TV Series scraping all ok
- iPlayer / ITV Player plugins ok
- Still have an issue with the WiFi Adapter (see post http://forum.xbian.org/showthread.php?tid=1077&pid=12500#pid12500)

Still more to test...

I would like to ask you and all who testing and wants to report, please use all default as possible. Especialy the skin so we can make sure that any issue reported is not related to some extra changes what you have done on top of the default.
This way the testing and resolving would be much easier and much easier to narrowing down and not looking and trying to find something what may be caused by changes.

Thanks to all for helping, contributing

-thx-

RE: XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 Public testing - nsviper - 12th Jul, 2013 02:15 AM

(12th Jul, 2013 01:25 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote:  I would like to ask you and all who testing and wants to report, please use all default as possible. Especialy the skin so we can make sure that any issue reported is not related to some extra changes what you have done on top of the default.
This way the testing and resolving would be much easier and much easier to narrowing down and not looking and trying to find something what may be caused by changes.

Thanks to all for helping, contributing

-thx-

No worries - willdo.

RE: XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 Public testing - A_Porcupine - 13th Jul, 2013 09:00 AM

Hey guys,

I'm trying to build to the latest version from scratch, but seem to be running into problems combining the build instructions from the git repo with the latest updates.

Do you guys have (even a brief) guide on building from a base raspbian image?

Thanks! Tom!

RE: XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 Public testing - zilexa - 14th Jul, 2013 11:11 PM

Is 1.0a5 still the recommended (stable) version to install? If so, might be a good idea to add this to the website download/install page.
1.1b1h1 for testers, 1.0a5 for stable use.

RE: XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 Public testing - mk01 - 15th Jul, 2013 04:29 AM

(10th Jul, 2013 07:56 AM)CurlyMo Wrote:  Overall conclusion after a few movies and tv series. I'm very happy with XBian 1.1.
……….

- ad localization) beta1 introduces proper default locale of en_US.UTF-8. other locales can be added by debian standard tool (or xbian-config) as "dpkg-reconfigure locales". you pick locales to pre-compile and default locale. alpha5 was forcing LANG=C, locale settings had no effect and international (e.g. slavic) characters were not displayed at all. currently, this is how xbian-config looks with default (en_US.UTF-8), sk_SK.UTF-8 (OK button translated with use of CEE characters) and nl_NL.UTF-8 (translation not available / locale not compiled into system) … see attachments. others (like Russian alphabet) I was showing in one of the threads at git forums. locale settings are even accepted by ssh and taken from remote-client system upon connect. if you find those non-working, post setup/environment and results - then needs to be fixed.
- custom kernels are possible with no hassle, via .deb install or even manual copy. the only additional step is to run "xbian-update-initramfs" from command line (if version differs from installed - currently running - then with parameter of the kernel version). some users are running xbian this way with no issues.
- ad the removal of modules, the target model I was explaining on git. step by step each beta or rc will be closer to that, but not showing the full picture until there.
- ad booting old snapshot with recent state of /boot. the snapshoting engine around xbian which will be deployed with beta2 is currently taking care of this by archiving /boot inside the snapshot and reverting to it when snapshot is rollbacked. going back to previous point, still not with beta2, but later versions will go away from /boot completely. only small pre-loader will stay at /boot, not dependent on any system/partition and system related kernel with be packed with rootfs (in the form of partition or snapshot).
- ad creating snapshot - there is nothing special inside xbian, just the running filesystem is also only a snapshot of parent sub volume. so to see and use the hierarchy for such purposes, one needs to mount the fs with subvolid=0 option.
- ad missing snapshots - snapshots are created on each apt-get install / upgrade call automatically (beside daily/weekly/monthly or even hanoi tower rotation based / or manual). target beta2

(13th Jul, 2013 09:00 AM)A_Porcupine Wrote:  Do you guys have (even a brief) guide on building from a base raspbian image?

if you want to have really bleeding edge image, start from debian/wheezy minimal/network image.

http://www.debian.org/distrib/netinst#smallcd

choose armhf. size is 160mb. install/start connect to net. install git, fake root, clone all xbian-package-* repositories from github, create .deb by running gen.package.sh. try installing with dpkg -i [package].

should be a straightforward process, if you have some base admin skills on linux. the only things which can fail you are dependencies in the packages, which were fit originally on to rasp image with already many things installed.

so I suppose will happen that dependency will not be there, but binary won't run with missing library error. one by one should be easy to correct always by installing the needed libXXX package.

and if you manages to get nice clean image, be so kind and push updates to debs control files Wink would be perfect.

btw: /home/xbian dir should be at xbian repo. there is no package to that. and check xbian user creation, I'm not sure if any of the deb packages is creating it. at worst create manually.

btw2: if you really mean it, post regular updates / i'm really keen into start from scratch. let me know, can create separate thread.

(10th Jul, 2013 06:19 AM)nsviper Wrote:  Having an issue with an external USB connected via USB hub.

first of all please use latest 1.0-0.6 usbmount package, available on git, or http://95.102.11.3/pool/main/x/xbian-package-usbmount/xbian-package-usbmount_1.0-0.6_all.deb

if no help, unplug disk, start syslog (sudo service sysklogd start), plug hdd in and post "dmesg | tail", "tail /var/log/user.log" and "blkid".

thanks

RE: XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 Public testing - Dave400 - 15th Jul, 2013 08:01 AM

Updated to Beta1.1 from Beta1, currently have arrow keys and enter button working on my rc6 remote, have added the remote config into lircd.conf but still not kicking in properly.

RE: XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 Public testing - Koenkk - 15th Jul, 2013 12:56 PM

Please continue here: http://forum.xbian.org/showthread.php?tid=1117

RE: XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 Public testing - mk01 - 2nd Aug, 2013 03:13 AM

(13th Jul, 2013 09:00 AM)A_Porcupine Wrote:  I'm trying to build to the latest version from scratch, but seem to be running into problems combining the build instructions from the git repo with the latest updates.

so did it today, take minimal net install of raspbian, which is 140mb packed iso. after install just install xbian-update.

(ok, had to add few dependencies to xbian-update and package-xbmc), but no other issues.