Forum
beta2 - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Testing & Experimental (/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: beta2 (/thread-1312.html)

RE: beta2 - mk01 - 4th Sep, 2013 08:12 PM

Probably I will take all the code around special handling of xbian-update package out. As it is not needed anymore.

Will let you know.

RE: beta2 - IriDium - 4th Sep, 2013 11:23 PM

Xbian-copier works.

So only - xbian-config -> Upgrade and Backup are outstanding.

So as far as I can tell, there are no real outstanding issues with this release.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok I've tried Confluence, Amber and now Confluence-for-xbian.

@mk it seems you have created Beta 1.2 just for you and me.

It seems very quiet from other users - or may be it is sooo good that there aren't any problems!!

RE: beta2 - f1vefour - 5th Sep, 2013 02:11 AM

I just don't have any problems.

RE: beta2 - IriDium - 5th Sep, 2013 02:23 AM

Well maybe it's time to release to the general public - as (unstable) testing.

Offer an image file only (on the xbian website - this will lessen the hits on mk's server) - no upgrade options - just yet.

And see what issues are found.

RE: beta2 - namtih - 6th Sep, 2013 04:04 AM

Here are my logs. My installation was a fresh Beta1.1 image used since release. So no old Alpha5 crap, but I've customized some things. So no 100% Beta1.1 system.
apt-get upgrade: http://pastebin.com/WQ6MA02t
At the end is an LIRC startup error.
apt-get xbian-update: http://pastebin.com/tugAnQXc
There's also an LIRC error. Also an "rng-tools" issue.
"deconfigure xbian-package-xbmc (broken by xbian-update)"???

The result is that it isn't starting anymore after the automatic restart. No xbian logo, nothing. It hangs here since 15 minutes - no ssh connection possible:
http://www.imagebanana.com/view/f2frevax/20130905_200145.jpg

My cmdline.txt:
Code:
sdhci-bcm2708.sync_after_dma=0 dwc_otg.lpm_enable=0 console=tty1 root=/dev/sda2 rootfsopts=subvol=root/@,noatime,compress=lzo,thread_pool=1,space_cache,autodefrag rootfstype=btrfs rootwait smsc95xx.turbo_mode=N elevator=noop nohdparm noswap mod_scsi.scan=async

RE: beta2 - IriDium - 6th Sep, 2013 04:24 AM

@namtih. Something is not right.

The output from the upgrade looks wrong. That would be the output from say a week ago - with all those packages kept back. In earlier upgrades, it was necessary to install all of the "kept back" packages. This could explain the system halt as certain packages are missing.
I've also seen the other errors, but only on earlier upgrades.

However, the last upgrade I did (Yesterday), only two packages were kept back (somewhere in this thread) which xbian-update takes care of.

The only thing I can think of a the moment is - did you do an apt-get clean? prior to the upgrade as you may have had old data stored locally.

RE: beta2 - namtih - 6th Sep, 2013 04:27 AM

(6th Sep, 2013 04:24 AM)IriDium Wrote:  The only thing I can think of a the moment is - did you do an apt-get clean? prior to the upgrade as you may have had old data stored locally.

Yes, I did. You can see it in the first log and in the first line.
I think the btrfs filesystem got corrupted through the update. In the screenshot posted above you will find the lines:
Code:
btrfs: mismatching generation and generation_v2 found in root item. This root was probably mounted with an older kernel. Resetting all new fields.
moving root
switching root

RE: beta2 - IriDium - 6th Sep, 2013 04:41 AM

(6th Sep, 2013 04:27 AM)namtih Wrote:  
(6th Sep, 2013 04:24 AM)IriDium Wrote:  The only thing I can think of a the moment is - did you do an apt-get clean? prior to the upgrade as you may have had old data stored locally.

Yes, I did. You can see it in the first log and in the first line.
If I had a brain - I could be dangerous. Didn't see that "small" addition.Cool

It looks like "we have gone back in time" and the "old" packages are back. I wonder if MK's server has had problems or something.

The output is just wrong..... I've done this upgrade so many times, I feel I know the output off by heart.

Everything went well for me the last 4 test installs, so I am at a loss.

I wonder if this is because you are booting off a HDD and not the "normal" SD Card?

Can you try with a "Normal" SD card and see if you have the same issues.

RE: beta2 - namtih - 6th Sep, 2013 05:06 AM

Before the update I've made an backup image of the USB drive with win32diskimager. I've now restored the image to the USB drive, but it's also hanging now while booting....
http://www.imagebanana.com/view/z5pvit3f/20130905_210327.jpg

And it worked perfectly before the update. So I have no clue why the backup also isn't working anymore now!?

Edit:
I've connected the second USB drive with the media files again and it's booting now with the backup image. Probably because the sda1/sda2 assignment is now correct. So at least my backup is now running again.

RE: beta2 - IriDium - 7th Sep, 2013 04:42 AM

I'm getting pages and pages now of:-

19:37:58 T:2986341440 WARNING: CecLogMessage - unhandled response received: opcode=89 (or 90, 87) initiator=1 destination=0 response=0.

Restarting XBMC resolves the issue.

RE: beta2 - mk01 - 8th Sep, 2013 05:39 AM

(6th Sep, 2013 04:04 AM)namtih Wrote:  My cmdline.txt:
Code:
sdhci-bcm2708.sync_after_dma=0 dwc_otg.lpm_enable=0 console=tty1 root=/dev/sda2 rootfsopts=subvol=root/@,noatime,compress=lzo,thread_pool=1,space_cache,autodefrag rootfstype=btrfs rootwait smsc95xx.turbo_mode=N elevator=noop nohdparm noswap mod_scsi.scan=async

the two errors during upgrade are ok, both because the needed devices/services will be available only after restart with proper kernel.

just the cmdline.txt looks wrong. like it would not be upgraded. i'm just wondering how your /etc/fstab looked like at the time of running upgrade, specially "/boot" record - and whether /boot could be mounted at that time from device /dev/mmcblk0p1.

nevertheless the cmdline.txt should be looking like this:
Code:
sdhci-bcm2708.sync_after_dma=0 dwc_otg.lpm_enable=0 console=tty1 root=/dev/sda2  rootfsopts=subvol=root/@,noatime,autodefrag,thread_pool=3,compress=lzo rootfstype=btrfs rootwait=10 smsc95xx.turbo_mode=Y elevator=deadline logo.nologo quiet noswap loglevel=0 mod_scsi.scan=sync partswap startevent=xbian splash nohdparm

specially the "startevent=xbian" is important. otherwise it can do "nothing" as you describe it.

(6th Sep, 2013 05:06 AM)namtih Wrote:  Before the update I've made an backup image of the USB drive with win32diskimager. I've now restored the image to the USB drive, but it's also hanging now while booting....
http://www.imagebanana.com/view/z5pvit3f/20130905_210327.jpg

just to provide more info - beta1 needs to be booted without "startevent=" parameter, beta2 with it.

the "btrfs generations" just mean, you mounted the filesystem with newer kernel, then reverted to old(er) one. btrfs driver (from older kernel currently booting) found records it can't understand.

if you created the /dev/sda copy with dd with copying whole /dev/mmcblk0, then the BOOT first partition got copied including the same LABEL and UUID which could cause that during update your 1st partition from /dev/sda got mounted instead of the right one which caused kernel & initramfs & cmdline.txt update on wrong partition - definitely not the one which is used by RPI firmware to boot the system up (/dev/mmcblk0p1).

can confirm this? or can you post output of running "sudo blkid" ?

RE: beta2 - xraxor - 8th Sep, 2013 07:55 AM

guys, installed beta2 the other day, today im getting this weird problem which never had with my Pi or TV.

Earlier on started watching youtube video, and suddenly the tv would go black, the audio cuts and come back, but the image doesn't. The TV says something like "Unsupported signal. Check your device output". never had this before. also happened while I was watching a movie, many time, I have to stop and resume, and still does that. am using same settings as always.

What you guys think about this?

RE: beta2 - mk01 - 8th Sep, 2013 08:06 AM

@xraxor, can you do from ssh:

"sudo echo manual > /etc/init/xbian-xbmc-bridge.override " and reboot?

what is in xbmc.log when this happens ?

RE: beta2 - namtih - 8th Sep, 2013 05:47 PM

Hello Matus,
thanks for the feedback. Here are the infos:
Terminal
root@xbian ~ # more /etc/fstab
proc /proc proc defaults 0 0
LABEL=xbian-root-btrfs / btrfs subvol=root/@,thread_pool=3,rw,compress=lzo,noatime,autodefrag 0 0
LABEL=xbian-root-btrfs /home btrfs subvol=home/@,thread_pool=3,rw,compress=lzo,noatime,autodefrag 0 0
UUID=8B12-9112 /boot vfat defaults,sync 0 0
UUID=DA205B73205B559B /mnt/hdd ntfs-3g defaults,noatime,nodiratime,async,big_writes 0 0

Terminal
root@xbian ~ # sudo blkid
/dev/zram0: UUID="d4e72b25-f5f5-48b3-afa2-cd2da548ff9e" TYPE="swap"
/dev/sda2: LABEL="xbian-root-btrfs" UUID="d06e41d3-e15b-449d-a853-a09b70341912" UUID_SUB="cd92079e-397e-4ed9-b5cb-d36b2154d556" TYPE="btrfs"
/dev/mmcblk0p1: SEC_TYPE="msdos" UUID="8B12-9112" TYPE="vfat"
/dev/sda1: SEC_TYPE="msdos" UUID="8B12-9112" TYPE="vfat"
/dev/sdb1: UUID="DA205B73205B559B" TYPE="ntfs"
/dev/loop0: UUID="17b2b3d6-f7d4-425d-811e-348284d8332c" TYPE="swap"

Is there an option to exclude the auto-restart after the xbian update?

RE: beta2 - mk01 - 8th Sep, 2013 07:02 PM

@namtih

ok, so it is like I assumed before.

I already changed mounting /boot not to follow /etc/fstab but mount /dev/mmcblk0p1 directly.

Also /etc/fstab should be changed by xbian-update to use /dev/mmcblk0p1 as device for mounting /boot.

if you mean disable reboot after installing, then create file /run/noreboot (before xbian-update will start installing).

Code:
touch /run/noreboot