Forum
Hama MCE Remote: does not care about lirc - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Hardware (/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Remotes and CEC support (/forum-26.html)
+--- Thread: Hama MCE Remote: does not care about lirc (/thread-1363.html)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Hama MCE Remote: does not care about lirc - kometa_triatlon - 2nd Nov, 2013 03:07 AM

(3rd Oct, 2013 10:26 AM)mk01 Wrote:  Do you have the option "remote is sending key presses" turned on in XBMC ?

Yes. As well as 'Enable mouse and Touch Screen support'.

RE: Hama MCE Remote: does not care about lirc - kometa_triatlon - 2nd Nov, 2013 05:06 AM

Okay, guys, I am glad to report that I found a wonderful plugin that provides an easy and intuitive way to map your remote buttons.
Here, is this thread:
http://forum.xbian.org/thread-1512.html

Finally, I could assign my volume down button Smile
Thanks everybody for help.

RE: Hama MCE Remote: does not care about lirc - mk01 - 2nd Nov, 2013 05:17 AM

is it working ?

I promised to Belese to test it as we are considering it to put into standard XBian image.

RE: Hama MCE Remote: does not care about lirc - naverave - 6th Mar, 2014 02:41 AM

Hello guys,

I am just wondering if you can help me out with the recently bought Hama remote as the volume down button doesn't work. I did find this guide which already has the keymap and lircmap etc. but I am not sure how to implement it as I cannot figure out which files are being used and where to make changes. Unfortunately the link to the other post about xbmc add on doesn't work anymore so cannot try it. How have you settled using the remote?

RE: Hama MCE Remote: does not care about lirc - kometa_triatlon - 6th Mar, 2014 08:20 PM

(2nd Nov, 2013 05:17 AM)mk01 Wrote:  is it working ?

I promised to Belese to test it as we are considering it to put into standard XBian image.

It works fine, despite I cannot assign some buttons like Start or Power. Besides that, everything is fine.

(6th Mar, 2014 02:41 AM)naverave Wrote:  Hello guys,

I am just wondering if you can help me out with the recently bought Hama remote as the volume down button doesn't work. I did find this guide which already has the keymap and lircmap etc. but I am not sure how to implement it as I cannot figure out which files are being used and where to make changes. Unfortunately the link to the other post about xbmc add on doesn't work anymore so cannot try it. How have you settled using the remote?

You should simply install the Keymap Editor add-on and use it to assign the volume down button.
The add-on should be available from repo:

Wiki
Forum

or you can download its sources from GitHub and install from zip:
GitHub

RE: Hama MCE Remote: does not care about lirc - naverave - 7th Mar, 2014 12:19 AM

(6th Mar, 2014 08:20 PM)kometa_triatlon Wrote:  
(2nd Nov, 2013 05:17 AM)mk01 Wrote:  is it working ?

It works fine, despite I cannot assign some buttons like Start or Power. Besides that, everything is fine.

(6th Mar, 2014 02:41 AM)naverave Wrote:  Hello guys,

You should simply install the Keymap Editor add-on and use it to assign the volume down button.
The add-on should be available from repo:

Wiki
Forum

or you can download its sources from GitHub and install from zip:
GitHub

Thank you, I will check it out and report back.

It worked great. I will have to learn more about keymapping for xbmc as there are so many options. I am just wondering if there is a way to put volume up and down just keeping the button pressed because currently I have to click it each time to change the volume level.

RE: Hama MCE Remote: does not care about lirc - kometa_triatlon - 7th Mar, 2014 02:22 AM

Quote:I am just wondering if there is a way to put volume up and down just keeping the button pressed because currently I have to click it each time to change the volume level.

That would be very, very useful! Indeed, the current setup forces me to use the TV remote to control the volume...

RE: Hama MCE Remote: does not care about lirc - teekay - 7th Mar, 2014 05:39 AM

(7th Mar, 2014 02:22 AM)kometa_triatlon Wrote:  
Quote:I am just wondering if there is a way to put volume up and down just keeping the button pressed because currently I have to click it each time to change the volume level.

That would be very, very useful! Indeed, the current setup forces me to use the TV remote to control the volume...

Seems to be hardware specific: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=163750