Forum
Official CuBox-i XBian 1.0 Beta 2 thread - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: CuBox-i / Hummingboard (/forum-66.html)
+--- Forum: Test builds (/forum-71.html)
+--- Thread: Official CuBox-i XBian 1.0 Beta 2 thread (/thread-2100.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: Official CuBox-i XBian 1.0 Beta 2 thread - vlamic - 20th Feb, 2014 07:54 PM

When I try to upgrade the system, I get "Service checkroot has to be enabled to start service checkfs" error. Does anyone know what could go wrong?

Output:
Terminal
sudo apt-get upgrade
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Calculating upgrade... Done
The following package was automatically installed and is no longer required:
inetutils-ping
Use 'apt-get autoremove' to remove it.
The following packages will be upgraded:
dialog dmsetup iproute libdevmapper-event1.02.1 libdevmapper1.02.1
liblvm2app2.2 libpam-runtime libpcsclite1 libpython3-stdlib python3
python3-minimal unattended-upgrades x11-common
xbian-package-firmware-6q xbian-package-kernel-6q
15 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
1 not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 0 B/48.5 MB of archives.
After this operation, 997 kB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] Y
Filesystem is not of type btrfs. Not taking any actions.
Preconfiguring packages ...
Setting up initscripts (2.88dsf-51) ...
insserv: Service checkroot has to be enabled to start service checkfs
insserv: exiting now!
update-rc.d: error: insserv rejected the script header
dpkg: error processing package initscripts (--configure):
subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1
Errors were encountered while processing:
initscripts
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

RE: Official CuBox-i XBian 1.0 Beta 2 thread - schmimat - 20th Feb, 2014 08:51 PM

Hi,

yesterday evening I had the same problem. I think it has to do with the upgrade of the package
initscripts 2.88dsf-51. It will remove the initscripts and that is the problem. But I haven't figure it out.

I start from scratch and set this package to hold befor upgrading.
Maybe an downgrade and hold of the package initscripts can help you
(apt-get install initscripts=2.88dsf-41+deb7u1)?
This package is only available in the original debian repositorys.
(https://packages.debian.org/de/wheezy/initscripts)

But I don't know (with my limited knowledge of Debian) if this works.

mfG Matthias

RE: Official CuBox-i XBian 1.0 Beta 2 thread - dantahoua - 21st Feb, 2014 11:33 PM

Exact same error here, but even
Code:
echo "initscripts hold" |dpkg --set-selections
do not remove the error, even after reboot.
I even try to remove checkfs from init.d but other problems arise... Totally stuck here...
(20th Feb, 2014 07:54 PM)vlamic Wrote:  When I try to upgrade the system, I get "Service checkroot has to be enabled to start service checkfs" error. Does anyone know what could go wrong?

Output:
Terminal
sudo apt-get upgrade
Building dependency tree
Calculating upgrade... Done
The following package was automatically installed and is no longer required:
inetutils-ping
Use 'apt-get autoremove' to remove it.
The following packages will be upgraded:
dialog dmsetup iproute libdevmapper-event1.02.1 libdevmapper1.02.1
liblvm2app2.2 libpam-runtime libpcsclite1 libpython3-stdlib python3
python3-minimal unattended-upgrades x11-common
xbian-package-firmware-6q xbian-package-kernel-6q
15 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
1 not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 0 B/48.5 MB of archives.
After this operation, 997 kB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] Y
Filesystem is not of type btrfs. Not taking any actions.
Preconfiguring packages ...
Setting up initscripts (2.88dsf-51) ...
insserv: Service checkroot has to be enabled to start service checkfs
insserv: exiting now!
update-rc.d: error: insserv rejected the script header
dpkg: error processing package initscripts (--configure):
subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1
Errors were encountered while processing:
initscripts
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

RE: Official CuBox-i XBian 1.0 Beta 2 thread - schmimat - 22nd Feb, 2014 12:23 AM

Hi,

the exact command is (when you are not root),
Terminal
sudo echo initscripts hold |dpkg --set-selections

you can find out if the package is set to hold by
Terminal
sudo dpkg --get-selections |awk '$2 == "hold" { print $1 }'

But this works only if you have not upgrade before.

See post nr. 17

mfG Matthias

RE: Official CuBox-i XBian 1.0 Beta 2 thread - dantahoua - 22nd Feb, 2014 02:31 AM

I did exactly this command... And initscripts show in the print...
So you're telling me I have to start from scratch and put this package on old from the beginning... Undecided

So I did a new install from scratch on another SD... Just from the beginning I put on hold initscripts.
Then apt-get update && apt-get upgrade

xbian-package-xbmc-gotham-nightly-6q is now 2.9-10.32
xbian-package-config-xbmc is 1.1.5
Kernel 3.0.35-gb2e8f7c-dirty #22

BUT , airplay do not work -> reboot Xbmc, XBian-config do not work in XBMC (quit after reading Kernel)... Weird because this two were working great on my other SD...

Note that my other SD (the one with airplay and xbian-conf working) is also 10.32 and 1.1.5 with Kernel 3.0.35-gb2e8f7c-dirty #8

I downgrade to 10.31, no more luck with airplay or xbian-config (just to test, CEC is working 80% with 10.31, no working at all with 10.32)

I think it's over my knowledge... Sad

(22nd Feb, 2014 12:23 AM)schmimat Wrote:  Hi,

the exact command is (when you are not root),
Terminal
sudo echo initscripts hold |dpkg --set-selections

you can find out if the package is set to hold by
Terminal
sudo dpkg --get-selections |awk '$2 == "hold" { print $1 }'

But this works only if you have not upgrade before.

See post nr. 17

mfG Matthias

RE: Official CuBox-i XBian 1.0 Beta 2 thread - Pingbo - 11th Mar, 2014 07:10 PM

Hi @all,

my question is really simple ... if i want to install the tvheadend server, xbian says i need 4 other packages but he cant install it. Do someone knew this prob. or are the libs not available for the cubox(xbian)?

Thats the error msg.
Terminal

sudo apt-get install xbian-package-tvheadend
Building dependency tree
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
xbian-package-tvheadend : Depends: libavcodec53 (>= 6:0.8.3-1~) but it is not installable or
libavcodec-extra-53 (>= 6:0.8.6) but it is not installable
Depends: libavformat53 (>= 6:0.8.3-1~) but it is not installable
Depends: libavutil51 (>= 6:0.8.3-1~) but it is not installable

EDIT: I can't download/install other packages like nzbget,cp,sickbeard too ....

RE: Official CuBox-i XBian 1.0 Beta 2 thread - mk01 - 16th Mar, 2014 09:27 AM

@all

please follow this topics on http://imx.solid-run.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=7 ...

for tvheadend - remove the package you have installed and install version suffixed with -6q (xbian-package-tvheadend-6q). due to different based debian installs (and libs support) there was need of special package.

RE: Official CuBox-i XBian 1.0 Beta 2 thread - samu - 7th Apr, 2014 07:04 PM

hello all,
i've come here as suggestion from mk01: i'd really like to help on the development of xbian under cubo-x platform.

i'm a happy user of a CuBox-i4Pro, i've some experience with debian package creation and maintain as well as some documentation writing and translating (english and italian). i can code simple program in C, python, perl as well as some bash scripts. my main problem is the lack of free time but i can find some in the week, between diapers changing, work and sleeps :-)

how do you test packages, do you have a pbuilder an emulator or do you run them live on a cubox?

Cheers
Samuele

RE: Official CuBox-i XBian 1.0 Beta 2 thread - mk01 - 19th Apr, 2014 11:07 AM

@samu

almost whole BetaX line (until recently) was developed in VM (RPI target). the only "problem" was that XBMC doesn't run there so you are limited to system development only. second problem is that even with the same kernel you can't debug/develop are bug/issues as the VM kernel needs to be recompiled for another target (similar to RPI but not the same - so your test environment is not 100% the one you should be debugging).

thanks to RPI & iMX6 being both armhf with vfp fpu 95% of code base (even binaries if tuning down to CortexA9 & NEON & VFPv3-D16 is not needed) is the same meaning that it is not really important to test&develop cubox staff only on CB and RPI/RPI.

all the code base (but not kernel & not xbmc - for those there are only XBian specific patches on git) is on git, each XBian package having own repository (99% rule all start with "xbian-package-").

if you want to jump onto development feel free to start looking at least on specific packages (their general function), some latest commits (what's going around) and on github reported issues. those are by users all reported under XBian's main repo called "xbian" (https://github.com/xbianonpi/xbian).

in past 1Y my focus was on development mostly and having a system for "unified" deb creation. so each repo (xbian package) has needed .deb structure and .sh script which will directly generate the specific package. unfortunately the process of deb generation is manual and currently on my good will only. so even though there are others historically maintaining their packages (or even others committing to code), until I find the time, pull all new commits / generate debs and copy to APT repo, all is on hold Undecided. but this is mostly only question of writing a "small" script as that part is having a "standard template", structure and data hosted on the github.

but what I see as really needed now would be to split "xbian-patches" content to their respective repositories and include the build script/configfile/short howto to allow full automated (or by any 3rd party user) compilation (in case of binary packages - which are only few, but still are - xbmc, kernel, cec, few others). currently this is somehow historically done by members - knowhow mostly not shared etc etc etc. I don't have any kind of BIG expectations for start, but definitely I wan't to start somewhere and to be honest have no much experience there (in any kind of "standardized" build and/or source management systems).

so currently we have final files / binaries / scripts, this is structured & unified, packaging process easily to automate & even post to APT repositories. but then you ask ok, but where are this "half-way-done" & bin files taken from (and how).

there are some original documents & scripts from times of XBian Alpha versions as the last really engaged person with this part of building XBian was CurlyMo.

but again, we welcome any other poor soul putting personal time into public project (any part of it), this one I was speaking about is something I feel more and more as badly ignored and at the end not only it will help to project directly, but it also will open it significantly more to others.

another issue was lack of easy user documentation & even starters guide. a bit pitty because despite really hi-level of knowhow in the team, until you have an easy, human independent, anytime accessible way how to share it to the users, you have nothing (and users no benefit). but for this we have found a guy who from the perspective of frustrated user decided to take the opportunity to make a first step behind the magic frontier Smile)

@IriDium

can you please move mine and samu's post to any more convenient forum ? THANKS

RE: Official CuBox-i XBian 1.0 Beta 2 thread - CurlyMo - 21st Apr, 2014 06:58 PM

Quote:another issue was lack of easy user documentation & even starters guide. a bit pitty because despite really hi-level of knowhow in the team, until you have an easy, human independent, anytime accessible way how to share it to the users, you have nothing (and users no benefit). but for this we have found a guy who from the perspective of frustrated user decided to take the opportunity to make a first step behind the magic frontier Smile)
I work with clear and realistic goals. If i finished all my goals, i stop developing and start documenting. So when a new release comes out, all documentation is up-to-date. So, hardly any development is done for pilight for about a week. In that time i worked on documentation instead of development.

What also helps is creating verbose commits like this: https://github.com/pilight/pilight/commit/e4ac7c5d1796f16d3a4c8596933ac95130c223b6
If you write them well, you can just copy and past them on the wiki or in the release post.

RE: Official CuBox-i XBian 1.0 Beta 2 thread - IriDium - 2nd Jun, 2014 04:02 AM

Well I've now got my cubox-i and running with Xbian.

I can only get the March image to work and only then with hdmi, no dvi support nor - in my case logitech wireless.

+1) It's a nice machine.
-1) Stupid design. There is no way to get the SD card out without removing the HDMI cable. nor the Ethernet cable.
-2) Xbian might boot - depends - errors on rcp an ucp errors but will eventually boot
+2) It is fast - far better than the RPi.
-3) IR (LOGITECH) support and DVI is not supported in the kernel - TWAS in RPi.
-4) Unable to uppgrade - tried many times with different options but all failed.
-5) Mutilple !!!!!!!!!!!!! AXI BUS ERROR !!!!!!!!!!!!! in dmesg. No idea what is is or how to solve it. It would seem than an upgrade "could" solve the problem, but as an upgrade doesn't work, I'm at a loss.

RE: Official CuBox-i XBian 1.0 Beta 2 thread - CurlyMo - 2nd Jun, 2014 04:08 AM

What about the May image?

RE: Official CuBox-i XBian 1.0 Beta 2 thread - lololo - 2nd Jun, 2014 04:00 PM

me too, same problem...impossible to install the May image and do the update on the March image

(2nd Jun, 2014 04:02 AM)IriDium Wrote:  Well I've now got my cubox-i and running with Xbian.

I can only get the March image to work and only then with hdmi, no dvi support nor - in my case logitech wireless.

+1) It's a nice machine.
-1) Stupid design. There is no way to get the SD card out without removing the HDMI cable. nor the Ethernet cable.
-2) Xbian might boot - depends - errors on rcp an ucp errors but will eventually boot
+2) It is fast - far better than the RPi.
-3) IR (LOGITECH) support and DVI is not supported in the kernel - TWAS in RPi.
-4) Unable to uppgrade - tried many times with different options but all failed.
-5) Mutilple !!!!!!!!!!!!! AXI BUS ERROR !!!!!!!!!!!!! in dmesg. No idea what is is or how to solve it. It would seem than an upgrade "could" solve the problem, but as an upgrade doesn't work, I'm at a loss.

RE: Official CuBox-i XBian 1.0 Beta 2 thread - IriDium - 2nd Jun, 2014 07:56 PM

***** Latest - using *new* May image ************

1) Works.
2) Upgrade works
3) Wireless KB works – Logitech K400

More memory could be allocated. Currently 1.5Gb free

Errors
1) Unable to enable root logon via ssh xbian-config – returns:- unexpected error occured.
Fixed: 2) No weather shown on confluence - even though set in add-ons to a location and enabled.
3) brcmfmac: brcmf_fil_cmd_data: Failed err=-23 in dmesg
http://imx.solid-run.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=693&start=70
4) xbian-copier fails.
ERROR: Unexpected EOF in stream.
btrfs: ERROR did not find backref in send_root. inode=276, offset=0, disk_byte=12582912 found extent=12582912
5) xbian-backup not working:
btrfs: ERROR did not find backref in send_root. inode=276, offset=0, disk_byte=12582912 found extent=12582912
6) vi/vim not installed used nano instead.
7) Whilst scanning library:
brcmfmac: brcmf_cfg80211_del_key: invalid key index (5)
cfg80211: Calling CRDA to update world regulatory domain
8) Whilst scanning library:
ERROR: SQL: Insertion failed because database is full
Query: insert into files (idFile, idPath, strFileName) values(NULL, 39, 'S07E02.mp4')
ERROR: AddFile unable to addfile ()
Pleanty of space left on the disk.
Poss: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=163186&page=2

** Update **
9) Various audio issues through HDMI
9a) Changing channels from 2 to 5 cuts audio
9b) Not all speakers used - seems to be only 2.0
9c) When playing MP3, sometimes no audio - you can see the playtime running at 10x normal speed.
9d) When no audio, switching to a video and then back to music it works!!
9e) Selecting passthrough cuts the audio. Works on the RPi.
9f) Slight hiss and popping on playback - same track on RPi is perfect.

Works on RPi with same audio H/W

RE: Official CuBox-i XBian 1.0 Beta 2 thread - lololo - 2nd Jun, 2014 10:23 PM

Hello IriDium,
Can you tell me what image you used?

thanks

(2nd Jun, 2014 07:56 PM)IriDium Wrote:  ***** Latest - using *new* May image ************

1) Works.
2) Upgrade works
3) Wireless KB works – Logitech K400

More memory could be allocated. Currently 1.5Gb free

Errors
1) Unable to enable root logon via ssh xbian-config – returns:- unexpected error occured.
Fixed: 2) No weather shown on confluence - even though set in add-ons to a location and enabled.
3) brcmfmac: brcmf_fil_cmd_data: Failed err=-23 in dmesg
http://imx.solid-run.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=693&start=70
4) xbian-copier fails.
ERROR: Unexpected EOF in stream.
5) xbian-backup not working:
6) vi/vim not installed used nano instead.
7) Whilst scanning library:
brcmfmac: brcmf_cfg80211_del_key: invalid key index (5)
cfg80211: Calling CRDA to update world regulatory domain
8) Whilst scanning library:
ERROR: SQL: Insertion failed because database is full
Query: insert into files (idFile, idPath, strFileName) values(NULL, 39, 'S07E02.mp4')
ERROR: AddFile unable to addfile ()
Pleanty of space left on the disk.
Poss: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=163186&page=2