Forum
Official XBian 1.0 RC 2 Gotham (XBMC 13) thread - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Releases (/forum-48.html)
+--- Thread: Official XBian 1.0 RC 2 Gotham (XBMC 13) thread (/thread-2282.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: Official XBian 1.0 RC 2 Gotham (XBMC 13) thread - weezer - 24th Jul, 2014 01:01 AM

Hi guys,

just updated to RC2 with XBMC 13.1 on my rpi using a fresh install, using the installer app (i played around too much in all the config files without knowing what I was doing).
Everything eems to work fine (better even) except for one thing: airplay.
-when I use airplay from itunes and ios xbian shows up just fine and everything works great.
-But I mainly use airplay to play music from my synology (DS audio)
-when I open DS audio on my iphone or from my mac, Airplay is not shown as an option in the list of airplay devices.
-I refreshed the DMA compatible list, but xbian is not showing.
-before updating to RC2 I used beta 2 and everything was working like a charm. Therefore I post this issue on this forum and not on synology.

I use the latest DSM software (5.0-4493 update 2) and audio station (5.2-2635).

RE: Official XBian 1.0 RC 2 Gotham (XBMC 13) thread - mk01 - 6th Aug, 2014 05:17 AM

@weezer

all this is most probably caused by XBMC change and/or libshairplay.

there was serious break in the airplay code with official XBMC 13 (or 13.1) release which was solved later by update to libshairplay. there is still a problematic group of user (probably IOS7 only).

today there was added this patch https://github.com/xbianonpi/xbian-package-xbmc/blob/master/patches/AirTunesServer.patch . it will be used to compile 13.2 B3 XBMC to STAGING repo (latest tomorrow).

RE: Official XBian 1.0 RC 2 Gotham (XBMC 13) thread - weezer - 7th Aug, 2014 07:12 AM

Thank you for you elaborate reply. I will check and see if it worked and report back. One stupid question though. Do I get the update to 13.2 by using the apt-get update/upgrade command or do I need to run "sudo apt-get install xbian-package-xbmc-gotham-nightly" again?

Thanks, weezer

(6th Aug, 2014 05:17 AM)mk01 Wrote:  @weezer

there was serious break in the airplay code with official XBMC 13 (or 13.1) release which was solved later by update to libshairplay. there is still a problematic group of user (probably IOS7 only).

today there was added this patch https://github.com/xbianonpi/xbian-package-xbmc/blob/master/patches/AirTunesServer.patch . it will be used to compile 13.2 B3 XBMC to STAGING repo (latest tomorrow).

RE: Official XBian 1.0 RC 2 Gotham (XBMC 13) thread - mk01 - 7th Aug, 2014 12:17 PM

(7th Aug, 2014 07:12 AM)weezer Wrote:  Thank you for you elaborate reply. I will check and see if it worked and report back. One stupid question though. Do I get the update to 13.2 by using the apt-get update/upgrade command or do I need to run "sudo apt-get install xbian-package-xbmc-gotham-nightly" again?

-nighty is currently Helix (v14).

if you allow STAGING you get 13.2 B3 just by updating xbian-package-xbmc

RE: Official XBian 1.0 RC 2 Gotham (XBMC 13) thread - IriDium - 8th Aug, 2014 05:41 AM

I've played with "Helix XBMC 14" on OE and it had "issues" which is polite.

RE: Official XBian 1.0 RC 2 Gotham (XBMC 13) thread - mk01 - 8th Aug, 2014 06:23 AM

@IriDium

of course . it is unmanaged freestyle development.
on one RPI I have helix too and works for me the same way as Gotham. so can play media files. Wink

but for regular user (target group) there is no much to see.

RE: Official XBian 1.0 RC 2 Gotham (XBMC 13) thread - weezer - 8th Aug, 2014 07:00 AM

For now I stay with the staging repo... I just updated to 13.2 beta 3. Update went fine, but now my network is not working anymore. I run the rpi from wifi. At first the connection was gone but I got it back to work. Now my smb network is not visible and on the iPad xbmc remote cannot connect, although it discovers xbian. I will work on it tomorrow with some logs. But if anyone has a suggestion....

RE: Official XBian 1.0 RC 2 Gotham (XBMC 13) thread - arie_papa - 9th Aug, 2014 09:15 PM

I've just had a fresh install with Xbian 1.0 RC 2. It seems al is working fine, but I can't find the audio setting to have audio output on both HDMI and Analog. Do I overlook something, or is it disappeared with XBMC 13.x?

@CurlyMo, thanks, that was the trick Smile

RE: Official XBian 1.0 RC 2 Gotham (XBMC 13) thread - CurlyMo - 9th Aug, 2014 09:19 PM

Enable expert mode.

RE: Official XBian 1.0 RC 2 Gotham (XBMC 13) thread - weezer - 13th Aug, 2014 04:20 PM

(7th Aug, 2014 12:17 PM)mk01 Wrote:  
(7th Aug, 2014 07:12 AM)weezer Wrote:  Thank you for you elaborate reply. I will check and see if it worked and report back. One stupid question though. Do I get the update to 13.2 by using the apt-get update/upgrade command or do I need to run "sudo apt-get install xbian-package-xbmc-gotham-nightly" again?

-nighty is currently Helix (v14).

if you allow STAGING you get 13.2 B3 just by updating xbian-package-xbmc

I installed 13.2 as mentioned before but now I have two problems:

1: sometimes, XBian crashes and I go back to black screen with the following message:

Terminal
Xbian gun/Linux 7 xbian tty1

Xbian login: rather than invoking init scripts through /etc/init.d, use the services(8) utility, e.g. Services s01dbus start

Since the script you are attempting to invoke has een converted to an upstart job, you may also use the start(8) utility, e.g. Start dbus
[ok] starting samba daemons: nmbd

I restored to 13.1 through BTRFS, but the problem persists.

2: my wifi is not working anymore. When connected through LAN, everything works fine. What happens is I try to connect to my wifi network either through Xbian or SSH/Xbian-config. I can select my SSiD, but when I try to connect, everything freezes. after some time my dongle also stops (no more green light). When I disconnect the dongle the system becomes responsive again. Also this problem persists after downgrade

thanks for your thoughts.
weezer

RE: Official XBian 1.0 RC 2 Gotham (XBMC 13) thread - CurlyMo - 13th Aug, 2014 05:21 PM

The #1 message is unrelated to your issue. Does XBian crash or XBMC? Is XBian itself still useable?

Can you post:
Code:
dpkg --get-selections
and
Code:
dmesg
Whenever it locks up.

RE: Official XBian 1.0 RC 2 Gotham (XBMC 13) thread - weezer - 16th Aug, 2014 06:53 PM

(13th Aug, 2014 05:21 PM)CurlyMo Wrote:  The #1 message is unrelated to your issue. Does XBian crash or XBMC? Is XBian itself still useable?

Can you post:
Code:
dpkg --get-selections
and
Code:
dmesg
Whenever it locks up.

I updated again to beta 2 and I got the message again. When the message appears, it is just a black screen, not a prompt. So when I typed dpkg --get-selections, nothing happened. after a short while I got back to the login screen (XBian GNU/Linux 7 xbian tty1). When I logged in with Xbian/raspberry, the start-up failed after showing the legal warning (after that you normally see the rotating / and than the config screen. So I had to pull the plug and start over again. start-up went good, although before the xbian logo, a saw a © in the left upper corner.

edit: I got a second message. this time again no prompt, but when I pressed enter, it went to the prompt. See attachment for the print out of your commands

thanks, wessel

(6th Aug, 2014 05:17 AM)mk01 Wrote:  @weezer

Hi mk01. I updated to B3 (see problems below) and with an ethernet connection I got XBMC to work relatively stable(wifi is still not working and the crash also appears now and than). Unfortunately, airplay from DS audio still isn't working. So the patch did not solve my original problem. airplay form ios 7 still works. can I post some logs for you? happy to help you out in anyway possible.

weezer

RE: Official XBian 1.0 RC 2 Gotham (XBMC 13) thread - mk01 - 18th Aug, 2014 04:17 PM

@weezer

for the wifi/usb issues follow this github issue. try with the 1.6.0 firmware package.
https://github.com/xbianonpi/xbian/issues/575,

RE: Official XBian 1.0 RC 2 Gotham (XBMC 13) thread - danell - 19th Aug, 2014 10:24 PM

I'm trying to update to ether 13.2 or 14 but I can't get it to work.
I have tried to update trough terminal (apt-get install xbian-package-xbmc/xbian-package-xbmc-gotham-nightly) and through xbian-config. It updates and xbmc restarts but then gives me a sound trough my tv like the cpu freezes and then restarts over and over again.
When I unplug and plug back the power I come to xbian safe mode and can't do anything else than reinstalling xbian and try again.
I have done this some times now but every time the same problem... Isn't possible to install 13.2 or 14 anymore?

RE: Official XBian 1.0 RC 2 Gotham (XBMC 13) thread - Senseohasser - 20th Aug, 2014 01:39 AM

I just tried to update my 13.1 RC2 Gotham Xbian/XBMC via putty and got the message: "A serious error occured while processing these packages"

In the details it states: "The following packages have unmet dependencies: libsystemd-login0 : Depends: libc6 >2.14 but 2.13-38+rpi2"

Does anybody know how to fix this?