Forum
Official XBian 1.0 RC 2 Gotham (XBMC 13) thread - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Releases (/forum-48.html)
+--- Thread: Official XBian 1.0 RC 2 Gotham (XBMC 13) thread (/thread-2282.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: Official XBian 1.0 RC 2 Gotham (XBMC 13) thread - weezer - 20th Aug, 2014 02:59 AM

(20th Aug, 2014 01:39 AM)Senseohasser Wrote:  I just tried to update my 13.1 RC2 Gotham Xbian/XBMC via putty and got the message: "A serious error occured while processing these packages"

In the details it states: "The following packages have unmet dependencies: libsystemd-login0 : Depends: libc6 >2.14 but 2.13-38+rpi2"

Does anybody know how to fix this?

I have The same problem. After the error I skipped this package and installed the other updates (staging). After the required restart all I see is a black screen with a cursor. After I pulled the plug I see the same black screen. No ssh, not in my network. I think I have to reinstall.

Wessel

RE: Official XBian 1.0 RC 2 Gotham (XBMC 13) thread - Lucifer - 20th Aug, 2014 04:30 AM

How Not To Reinstall XBIAN:

Code:
1. Have a working system.
2. Fail it with upgrades.
3. Stop system.
4. Remove memory card or flash drive (where the main files are located).
5. Mount on Linux machine (I always have some portable or VR lying around).
6. Go in the drive find root folder.
7. su
8. cd /mount_point/root/@
9. rm -Rf *
10. cd ..
11. cp -pr @(put here the last known good working config string)/* @/*
12. (wait)
13. Dismount flash drive/SD Card
14. Put in RP
15. boot
16. profit

Let me explain.

This is one of the great things about BTRFS - backup of the file system.
So basically you mount the media with the now f****d up root system partition.
You go and delete it (I just like the feeling of making what made me angry disappear). Then go to the last known good copy of this partition and copy it in root. That is all ...

Windows does not support BTRFS ... but when was it good for anything except gaming?

RE: Official XBian 1.0 RC 2 Gotham (XBMC 13) thread - weezer - 20th Aug, 2014 04:34 AM

(20th Aug, 2014 04:30 AM)Lucifer Wrote:  How Not To Reinstall

You go and delete it (I just like the feeling of making what made me angry disappear). Then go to the last known good copy of this partition and copy it in root. That is all ...

Windows does not support BTRFS ... but when was it good for anything except gaming?

And what about our poor windows/Mac users?

RE: Official XBian 1.0 RC 2 Gotham (XBMC 13) thread - Skywatch - 20th Aug, 2014 06:35 AM

Hi,

I have the following in /etc/apt/sources list...

deb http://mirrordirector.raspbian.org/raspbian/ wheezy main contrib non-free rpi
deb http://xbian.brantje.com/ stable main

These from xbian-config update mirrors.

When I upgrade via xbian-config, I get a 'serious error' message and it won't get any further. Never seen this before!

libsystemd-login0 : Depends: libc6 (>=2.14) but 2.13-38+rpi2..... I tried an apt-get install libc6 but it just gets 2.13. I also tried leaving out the libsystemd-login0 upgrade package but still get the same result. Can anyone can suggest a solution to this?

skywatch.

RE: Official XBian 1.0 RC 2 Gotham (XBMC 13) thread - particleman - 20th Aug, 2014 09:15 AM

raspberry pi hangs at starting network, only when over clocking. It has nothing to do with my pi because im using turbo mode with 1.0Beta2 with no issues at all. I tried setting the network from dhcp to static with no effect. Is this a known issue?

RE: Official XBian 1.0 RC 2 Gotham (XBMC 13) thread - badmonkey - 20th Aug, 2014 06:40 PM

I have the same issue - I did manage to get everything other than libsystemd-login0 updated though by selecting all the non-xbian packages (and excluding libsystemd as well). Those packages updated fine and then I selected all the xbian packages to update and they updated.

My resulting system booted and seems ok, however, it does not appear to fully power off on shutdown anymore - the video output turns off but the yellow leds on the pi remain active. It seems functional though.

(20th Aug, 2014 06:35 AM)Skywatch Wrote:  Hi,

I have the following in /etc/apt/sources list...

deb http://mirrordirector.raspbian.org/raspbian/ wheezy main contrib non-free rpi
deb http://xbian.brantje.com/ stable main

These from xbian-config update mirrors.

When I upgrade via xbian-config, I get a 'serious error' message and it won't get any further. Never seen this before!

libsystemd-login0 : Depends: libc6 (>=2.14) but 2.13-38+rpi2..... I tried an apt-get install libc6 but it just gets 2.13. I also tried leaving out the libsystemd-login0 upgrade package but still get the same result. Can anyone can suggest a solution to this?

skywatch.

RE: Official XBian 1.0 RC 2 Gotham (XBMC 13) thread - Skywatch - 20th Aug, 2014 06:53 PM

(20th Aug, 2014 06:40 PM)badmonkey Wrote:  I have the same issue - I did manage to get everything other than libsystemd-login0 updated though by selecting all the non-xbian packages (and excluding libsystemd as well). Those packages updated fine and then I selected all the xbian packages to update and they updated.

My resulting system booted and seems ok, however, it does not appear to fully power off on shutdown anymore - the video output turns off but the yellow leds on the pi remain active. It seems functional though.

I have done a manual upgrade and hit the python problem - solved that with the info in the wiki and carried on. Ran the nightly xbmc update and removed 14 packages as it suggested with autoremove.

Pi boots and seems to work but upon SSH access I get a message that bash has too many arguments.

But one ANNOYING thing is that once again it seems to overwrite the /etc/fstab file and my changes are gone after the upgrade!

skywatch

RE: Official XBian 1.0 RC 2 Gotham (XBMC 13) thread - Lucifer - 20th Aug, 2014 07:22 PM

(20th Aug, 2014 04:34 AM)weezer Wrote:  
(20th Aug, 2014 04:30 AM)Lucifer Wrote:  How Not To Reinstall

And what about our poor windows/Mac users?

Probably there is a way to mount btrfs under MAC - as it is basically a unix port with nicer graphics ... so there should be packages ...

RE: Official XBian 1.0 RC 2 Gotham (XBMC 13) thread - CurlyMo - 20th Aug, 2014 08:56 PM

Windows users can just boot into the recovery console of XBian and restore the snapshots that way (through telnet). That's probably the prefered way anyway.

Re: RE: Official XBian 1.0 RC 2 Gotham (XBMC 13) thread - Smultie - 22nd Aug, 2014 01:28 AM

(20th Aug, 2014 06:35 AM)Skywatch Wrote:  When I upgrade via xbian-config, I get a 'serious error' message and it won't get any further. Never seen this before!

skywatch.

Same problem here. Is related to raspbian, not xbian.

RE: Official XBian 1.0 RC 2 Gotham (XBMC 13) thread - IriDium - 22nd Aug, 2014 01:49 AM

Ditto - haven't been able to get around it.

Guess: Don't upgrade until further notice.

RE: Official XBian 1.0 RC 2 Gotham (XBMC 13) thread - weezer - 24th Aug, 2014 04:14 PM

Did someone mentioned this problem to someone who can fix this? I am more than happy to do so if someone could tell me who can fix this problem.

RE: Official XBian 1.0 RC 2 Gotham (XBMC 13) thread - dreqzack - 24th Aug, 2014 11:25 PM

(20th Aug, 2014 02:59 AM)weezer Wrote:  After the required restart all I see is a black screen with a cursor. After I pulled the plug I see the same black screen. No ssh, not in my network. I think I have to reinstall.

+1

Same problem here, black screen + cursor. But i can't remember having Problems with the libsystemd-login0 package. I was compiling the newest nzbget version from source and changing some other packages and also did the apt-get update && apt-get upgrade to "complete" everything. Everything worked fine until "sudo reboot"

After that, I was playing around with the suggestions posted by Lucifer.

Lucifer Wrote:This is one of the great things about BTRFS - backup of the file system.

BTRFS is new to me (mostly Windows user, except my old netbook where i mounted the SD Card), but the idea behind sounds great for me.
I removed the files in "@" and replaced them with the files from various snapshots. But none of them make xbian boot.

Since there are two partitions, xbian-beta2 and xbian-boot, i guess the problem won't be fixed by changing files on xbian-beta2? I was also playing around with initiramfs.gz on "xbian-boot" or just say, i renamed the file to initramfs.gz.new and renamed the file initramfs.gz.old to initramfs.gz.
When i put my SD Card back into the Pi, the xbian splash screen appears, saying "init process", after some seconds the "xbian recovery" boots up. I don't know what to do next, but the recovery is way more than just a black screen with a cursor imo.

Of course, it's my fault for not having an up2date backup, but since i am still changing stuff on an almost daily base ... yeah .. you know what i mean.

I hope there will be another solution then reinstaling xbian.

PS: Thanks for your great work here and on xbian ( 1st post after lurking a long time ) and sorry for bad grammar (not my native language)

RE: Official XBian 1.0 RC 2 Gotham (XBMC 13) thread - Skywatch - 25th Aug, 2014 03:52 AM

(24th Aug, 2014 11:25 PM)dreqzack Wrote:  and sorry for bad grammar (not my native language)

Hah! - Your grammar is a *lot* better than some of the native English speakers I know! - So no worries there!

(Just a shame I can't offer any help with the problems)

Skywatch

RE: Official XBian 1.0 RC 2 Gotham (XBMC 13) thread - Chris83 - 26th Aug, 2014 05:23 AM

I also couldn't update because of the dependency issue mentioned above.
Apparently there is no libc6 >=2.14 for ARM processors and I think the current package list is not looking for an ARM compatible libsystemd-login0. So I thought I update the files at least to the latest available level and see if I can avoid the issues people reported if you do not update them at all.
1. I first made a full backup.
2. I then manually installed the latest libc6 for ARM I could find:
wget https://archive.raspbian.org/raspbian/pool/main/e/eglibc/libc6_2.13-38+rpi2+deb7u3_armhf.deb
dpkg -i --force-all libc6_2.13-38+rpi2+deb7u3_armhf.deb
apt-get -f install
3. I manually installed the latest libsystemd-login0 for ARM I could find:
wget http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/pool/main/s/systemd/libsystemd-login0_44-11+deb7u4_armhf.deb
dpkg -i --force-all libsystemd-login0_44-11+deb7u4_armhf.deb
apt-get -f install
4. Then I updated everything else (except libsystemd-login0, which still complains) via xbian-config.
5. Restarted and no issues so far. XBMC, Airplay, Transmission, Flexget, Samba and SSH is working.