Forum
Official XBian 1.0 RC 2 Gotham (XBMC 13) thread - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Releases (/forum-48.html)
+--- Thread: Official XBian 1.0 RC 2 Gotham (XBMC 13) thread (/thread-2282.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: Official XBian 1.0 RC 2 Gotham (XBMC 13) thread - josch - 17th May, 2014 06:22 PM

(17th May, 2014 01:17 AM)IriDium Wrote:  
Terminal
sudo service xbmc restart
only stops xbmc it does not restart it again.

I'm sure we had this issue a while ago with Beta 2.

Can someone else confirm this!

Confirmed! Same behavior here...

Btw.: Where is the 'xbmc' service file located?

RE: Official XBian 1.0 RC 2 Gotham (XBMC 13) thread - CurlyMo - 17th May, 2014 07:53 PM

Code:
root@xbian: ~# ls /etc/init/xbmc*
/etc/init/xbmc-changesettings.conf  /etc/init/xbmc-loaded.conf
/etc/init/xbmc.conf                 /etc/init/xbmc.override
/etc/init/xbmc-done.conf            /etc/init/xbmc-preload.conf
/etc/init/xbmc-exits.conf           /etc/init/xbmc-priority.conf
/etc/init/xbmc-failed-start.conf    /etc/init/xbmc-screensaver.conf
/etc/init/xbmc-kill-splash.conf

RE: Official XBian 1.0 RC 2 Gotham (XBMC 13) thread - josch - 17th May, 2014 09:08 PM

Thanks CurlyMo.

(14th May, 2014 01:02 AM)IriDium Wrote:  Anyone experiencing any issues with SMB?

Normally I can connect via windoze and Mac via smb to pickup the backup-home file. But since Gotham, I have been unable to connect.

SMB is running fine for me with Gotham too.

Official XBian 1.0 RC 2 Gotham (XBMC 13) thread - NitSuA - 18th May, 2014 01:23 AM

Since I have updated to gotham I experience a lot of static / white noise (audio i mean). Is anyone else experiencing the same thing? On the internet people from raspbmc experience the same if they update to gotham, and for them a clean install fixes the problem, but i have no idea how to do a clean install to gotham with xbian, since it is using the update mechanism..

Or can I do an uninstall of my current xbmc, and a fresh install of gotham? Or wouldn't that make any difference? If someone could explain me how to do, I could at least test it..

RE: Official XBian 1.0 RC 2 Gotham (XBMC 13) thread - IriDium - 18th May, 2014 01:39 AM

@NitSuA
I haven't experienced any issues with the sound. Have you checked the System ->Audio settings as there are a few more options there.

If no joy, post dmesg and xbmc.log there might be something in there.

Official XBian 1.0 RC 2 Gotham (XBMC 13) thread - NitSuA - 18th May, 2014 01:41 AM

Yes, went to advanced settings, checked every setting, and did a reset of the audio settings as well, still no luck. I do see more people on the web with the same issue. Do you know how to fully uninstall xbmc and fresh install gotham?

RE: Official XBian 1.0 RC 2 Gotham (XBMC 13) thread - IriDium - 18th May, 2014 01:50 AM

@NitSuA

You've got a good backup - right Blush

I assume all updates have been installed?

Otherwise it's a format: reinstall Beta2: Upgrade: Add Gotham: Hope audio works.

If there is an issue, it would be helpful to know what is causing the problem.

Have a good play with all the settings and see if anything improves it.

What is your setup? RPi -> AVR -> TV ?

Just had a thought.

You might be able to get back to Frodo by:
Terminal
sudo apt-get -y install xbian-package-xbmc

It used to work.

Official XBian 1.0 RC 2 Gotham (XBMC 13) thread - NitSuA - 18th May, 2014 04:51 AM

Hi @IriDium, i have my rpi with hdmi directly connected to my tv. I experienced a bit noise in frodo as well, but much less. Btw. When i exit a movie (stop playing), the noise is most noticable, but after 1 min, the noise completely stops abd xbmc is silent again. I do saw an option something like "keep audio alive for 1 min", so that could be a starting point?

RE: Official XBian 1.0 RC 2 Gotham (XBMC 13) thread - IriDium - 18th May, 2014 05:58 AM

(18th May, 2014 04:51 AM)NitSuA Wrote:  Hi @IriDium, i have my rpi with hdmi directly connected to my tv. I experienced a bit noise in frodo as well, but much less. Btw. When i exit a movie (stop playing), the noise is most noticable, but after 1 min, the noise completely stops abd xbmc is silent again. I do saw an option something like "keep audio alive for 1 min", so that could be a starting point?

Sounds more like hardware than software. Try resetting the cables or try a new cable.
I haven't used "keep audio alive" but it could be worth a try.
Check your TV volume control is not too high as well.

RE: Official XBian 1.0 RC 2 Gotham (XBMC 13) thread - IriDium - 19th May, 2014 02:00 AM

-------------------- New Thread ----------------------

Does anyone know how to get smb to work? Or what to check - I've looked at smb.conf in /etc/samba and .smb but nothing obvious shows up.

I used to be able to connect via Windoze and Mac to the shared folders, but since the upgrade I cannot.

In Windoze Network connections all of the available shares used to show up, but not any more. If I manually add one, it is Ok.
On Mac, connect to server, it errors with "Some data could not be read or written" -36

Any ideas?

BTW - Restarting samba in ssh xbian-config throws you out of the shell. Nothing in dmesg or xbmc.log

RE: Official XBian 1.0 RC 2 Gotham (XBMC 13) thread - CurlyMo - 19th May, 2014 05:45 PM

(13th May, 2014 08:21 PM)josch Wrote:  If you are already running on RC2, all you have to do is installing the gotham package to finally have a RC2 gotham (stable) setup.

Terminal
sudo apt-get install xbian-package-xbmc-gotham-nightly

This package delivers a stable build of XBMC 13.

From fresh Beta2 install, you should update your Xbian at first.

The package xbian-package-xbmc currently consists of XBMC 13 Beta 2. So no need to install the nightly packages.

RE: Official XBian 1.0 RC 2 Gotham (XBMC 13) thread - Trekster - 19th May, 2014 07:09 PM

Hi guys

Not sure what i'm doing wrong but i don't seem to be able to get subtitles to work. Using XBMC13, RC2 and latest updates, Confluence for Xbian and added OpenSubtitles.org as provider.

Everytime i play a movie/show, choosing the "subtitles" option does nothing, anybody else experienced something similar?

RE: Official XBian 1.0 RC 2 Gotham (XBMC 13) thread - BINairLADEN - 19th May, 2014 08:03 PM

(19th May, 2014 07:09 PM)Trekster Wrote:  Hi guys

Not sure what i'm doing wrong but i don't seem to be able to get subtitles to work. Using XBMC13, RC2 and latest updates, Confluence for Xbian and added OpenSubtitles.org as provider.

Everytime i play a movie/show, choosing the "subtitles" option does nothing, anybody else experienced something similar?

Confluence for Xbian is not (yet) compatible with XBMC13, switch to Confluence
GrTz

RE: Official XBian 1.0 RC 2 Gotham (XBMC 13) thread - IriDium - 19th May, 2014 08:23 PM

@Trekster - Subtitles are a known problem.
@BINairLADEN - Neither does Amber-Xbian work

RE: Official XBian 1.0 RC 2 Gotham (XBMC 13) thread - Trekster - 19th May, 2014 09:13 PM

(19th May, 2014 08:23 PM)IriDium Wrote:  @Trekster - Subtitles are a known problem.
@BINairLADEN - Neither does Amber-Xbian work

Thanks, i'll switch to regular confluence untill the issue is resolved