Forum
Official XBian 1.0 RC 2 Gotham (XBMC 13) thread - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Releases (/forum-48.html)
+--- Thread: Official XBian 1.0 RC 2 Gotham (XBMC 13) thread (/thread-2282.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: Official XBian 1.0 RC 2 Gotham (XBMC 13) thread - nsviper - 20th Jun, 2014 07:50 PM

Will supply logs etc later but for now:

2 Pi's @ Home - 1 running Beta 2, and 2nd one running a clean install of 1.0 RC2 Gotham XBMC13

I use MySQL backend and NFS sources on my NAS.
Inside MySQL I can see the new database have been created for Gotham and can see they have been populated with all the data from the Frodo databases, however there is no link on XBMC GUI to TV Series or Movies (i.e. no database stuff), I can only see Videos-> Files (will get hold of debug logs re this to see if any issues)

Playback - can browse via files and can play MKV files, but the stuttering on playback and audio crackling is horrible - the same files on the Beta 2 Pi (same network, same sources, same MySQL DB etc) all run perfectly - no stuttering, full 5.1 surround - perfect.

Huh

RE: Official XBian 1.0 RC 2 Gotham (XBMC 13) thread - Skywatch - 22nd Jun, 2014 03:45 AM

Hi,

I had a similar problem and the solution was to delete all the shares (tv, movies, etc) and then re-add them one at a time. Then let the pi rebuild the databases.

Hope this helps in your situation.

skywatch

RE: Official XBian 1.0 RC 2 Gotham (XBMC 13) thread - nsviper - 22nd Jun, 2014 04:34 AM

(22nd Jun, 2014 03:45 AM)Skywatch Wrote:  Hi,

I had a similar problem and the solution was to delete all the shares (tv, movies, etc) and then re-add them one at a time. Then let the pi rebuild the databases.

Hope this helps in your situation.

skywatch

Thanks - will give that a go. will do an export so that I don't lose watched info...

RE: Official XBian 1.0 RC 2 Gotham (XBMC 13) thread - mk01 - 22nd Jun, 2014 09:30 AM

(19th Jun, 2014 07:27 PM)Roxxor Wrote:  ../base-files_7.1wheezy5+rpi1_armhf.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement base-files ...
Replaced by files in installed package xbian-update ...
dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/base-files_7.1wheezy5+rpi1_armhf.deb (--unpack):
unable to make backup symlink for `': No such file or directory
Errors were encountered while processing:
/var/cache/apt/archives/base-files_7.1wheezy5+rpi1_armhf.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)[/code]
As seen the problem is in creating the symlink. And the error is the "." in the beginning. Where is this symlink defined so I can remove the dot?

@Roxxor
1) just do
Code:
sudo -i
touch ./usr/share/doc/base-files/FAQ
dpkg --configure -a

3) absolutely yes don't be affraid

2) apt-get will list automatically some packages as hold when their dependencies change. they can be installed when you manually list them to apt-get command line, or --- more convenient --- use xbian-config and menut 5.

(6th Jun, 2014 09:10 AM)jiserra Wrote:  Maybe someone with more knowledge can answer that. I don't think it's possible, but I didn't investigate a lot on the subject. I have a similar setup like yours and I simply turn off the speakers when watching a movie or turn off the TV when listening to music Smile

currently not. the other players are part of XBian because they are essential component of XBMC itself. but they lack RPI support completely.

we are currently evaluating the variant to build extra XBMC version with RPI support directly in XBMC components (what would mean ALSA SUPPORT, PULSE AUDIo - so other audio cards - OMX support directly in DVDPLAYER etc...

yesterday I had discussion with popcornmix who is developing those patches and although it can be demonstrated as working, it is not suitable for standard use - and for long will not be. to support even standard iTunes HD videos - core components of XBMC needs to be rewritten so currently it is for developers and users who do not use RPI for media layback. Wink

but we have all technical info needed to start building it so maybe we will. but again, it can't deliver what is expected in any area (at that moment).

RE: Official XBian 1.0 RC 2 Gotham (XBMC 13) thread - nsviper - 22nd Jun, 2014 08:44 PM

Sorted the audio crackling issue - changed Audio output to HDMI 2.0 (TV only has built in, not tested yet on surround sound system on other TV) - crackling disappeared.

Still can't see anything in the databases tho, even although on MySQL I can see:
xbmc_music46
xbmc_video78

The debug log has:

22:29:23 T:3039572512 NOTICE: Running database version Addons16
22:29:23 T:3039572512 NOTICE: Running database version ViewModes6
22:29:23 T:3039572512 NOTICE: Running database version Textures13
22:29:27 T:3039572512 NOTICE: Attempting to update the database xbmc_music46 from version 32 to 46
22:29:28 T:3039572512 ERROR: SQL: Undefined MySQL error: Code (1060)
Query: ALTER TABLE artist ADD strMusicBrainzArtistID text
22:29:28 T:3039572512 ERROR: Exception updating database xbmc_music46 from version 32 to 46
22:29:28 T:3039572512 ERROR: Error updating database xbmc_music46 from version 32 to 46
22:29:29 T:3039572512 NOTICE: Old database found - updating from version 32 to 46
22:29:29 T:3039572512 ERROR: SQL: Can't create database for copy: 'xbmc_music32' (1007)

But when I look at the tables themselves, I can see that the column strMusicBrainzArtistID (text) already exists.

-----------

So, as a test, I dropped the 2 databases, and rebooted the Pi. I can see the database xbmc_music46 get created and populated from 32, and xbmc_video78 gets created and populated from 75

What I have spotted however, is that the VIEWS are not copied over, so further down the error log you get:

11:34:33 T:2895873088 ERROR: SQL: The table does not exist
Query: select * from movieview ORDER BY dateAdded desc, idMovie desc LIMIT 10

In Music32, there are 3 Views: albumview, artistview, songview - not recreated in Music46
In Video75, there are 4 Views: episodeview, movieview, musicvideoview, tvshowview - not recreated in Video78

Going to try and manually create these to see if it fixes issue, but thought I'd let you know.

(edit) Just spotted none of the triggers are in place either...

RE: Official XBian 1.0 RC 2 Gotham (XBMC 13) thread - mk01 - 22nd Jun, 2014 09:32 PM

(22nd Jun, 2014 08:44 PM)nsviper Wrote:  In Music32, there are 3 Views: albumview, artistview, songview - not recreated in Music46
In Video75, there are 4 Views: episodeview, movieview, musicvideoview, tvshowview - not recreated in Video78

Going to try and manually create these to see if it fixes issue, but thought I'd let you know.

(edit) Just spotted none of the triggers are in place either...

that's crazy as this happens for EACH xbmc major upgrade. I was affected by this on going 10-11 and 11-12. what I always did was grabbing .sql command for views and indexes from XBMC sources and run them as SQL commands from mysql command line. I also manually changed DB version numbers (in the table version - to the one new XBMC expected).

it didn;t happen for me this time 12->13 - probably because I was updating to Gotham much sooner and DB wasn't making HUGE jumps at DB versions. but actually it was more upgrades in smaller steps.

google will find you more such reports (even with very old date) - meaning clearly a BUG with XBMC team impossible to track it down.

RE: Official XBian 1.0 RC 2 Gotham (XBMC 13) thread - IriDium - 22nd Jun, 2014 10:25 PM

**** System Sounds ****
Has anyone else noticed that system sounds now work!!!

I just updated an old RC1 SD card, and voila there they were? Hadn't noticed them before.

RE: Official XBian 1.0 RC 2 Gotham (XBMC 13) thread - Neutrino1986 - 22nd Jun, 2014 10:52 PM

(22nd Jun, 2014 10:25 PM)IriDium Wrote:  **** System Sounds ****
Has anyone else noticed that system sounds now work!!!

I just updated an old RC1 SD card, and voila there they were? Hadn't noticed them before.

I was so confused when suddenly they were there Smile

RE: Official XBian 1.0 RC 2 Gotham (XBMC 13) thread - Roxxor - 23rd Jun, 2014 09:22 AM

(22nd Jun, 2014 09:30 AM)mk01 Wrote:  @Roxxor
1) just do
Code:
sudo -i
touch ./usr/share/doc/base-files/FAQ
dpkg --configure -a

Still doesn't work :/
Code:
root@RaspberryPi:/# touch ./usr/share/doc/base-files/FAQ
root@RaspberryPi:/# dpkg --configure -a
Processing triggers for man-db ...
Processing triggers for install-info ...
root@RaspberryPi:/# apt-get upgrade
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree      
Reading state information... Done
The following packages have been kept back:
  xbian-package-config-shell xbian-package-shairplay
The following packages will be upgraded:
  base-files xbian-package-config-xbmc xbian-package-xbmc-scripts
3 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 2 not upgraded.
Need to get 0 B/211 kB of archives.
After this operation, 24.6 kB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? Y
Create a snapshot of '/tmp/btrfs-snap/root/@' in '/tmp/btrfs-snap/root/@btrfs-auto-snap_apt-run-2014-06-23-0220'
Transaction commit: none (default)
Delete subvolume '/tmp/btrfs-snap/root/@btrfs-auto-snap_apt-run-2014-06-23-0216'
@btrfs-auto-snap_apt-run-2014-06-23-0220, 1 created snapshots, 1 destroyed snapshots, 0 warnings.
(Reading database ... 45490 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace base-files 7.1wheezy4+rpi1 (using .../base-files_7.1wheezy5+rpi1_armhf.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement base-files ...
Replaced by files in installed package xbian-update ...
dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/base-files_7.1wheezy5+rpi1_armhf.deb (--unpack):
unable to make backup symlink for `./usr/share/doc/base-files/FAQ': No such file or directory
Errors were encountered while processing:
/var/cache/apt/archives/base-files_7.1wheezy5+rpi1_armhf.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

RE: Official XBian 1.0 RC 2 Gotham (XBMC 13) thread - mk01 - 23rd Jun, 2014 11:46 AM

@Roxxor,

what
Code:
ls -la /usr/share/doc/base-files/FAQ

returns? there is must be something with that file if 'ln -s' is returning error.
btw: by mistake I copy & paste the filename wrong, I should have deleted the "." in the front. so if you try "ls" and uou get no result, then run again main command but without the dot. it wlll just create empty FAQ and "ln -s" should succeed then.

but let's see the output first you will send.

RE: Official XBian 1.0 RC 2 Gotham (XBMC 13) thread - mk01 - 23rd Jun, 2014 06:53 PM

@nsviper

while testing new build system I let build Helix and installed the .deb . and realised one thing we didn't consider until now.
when xbmc job is started, there is timeout 100s waiting for XBMC be fully up. normally that is sufficient for XBMC start. but if HUGE db is being converted to new version (what was my case) 100s wasn't enough, xbmc upstart job run out of timeout considered xbmc.bin as not being started correctly (as xbmc was still converting DB long before notifying system that started ok).

so edit /etc/init/xbmc.conf, go into post-start section and change TIMEOUT=100 to TIMEOUT=100000. (you can just delete the new version DB's from sql before, start xbmc again. it will start conversion again. maybe your case is failing for that reason that xbmc.bin is being killed before it fully converts the DB).

RE: Official XBian 1.0 RC 2 Gotham (XBMC 13) thread - Oliver.O - 23rd Jun, 2014 07:58 PM

IR remote via GPIO still not working after boot until XBMC is restarted (1.0 RC 2, all updates installed).

This fix still applies.

RE: Official XBian 1.0 RC 2 Gotham (XBMC 13) thread - CurlyMo - 23rd Jun, 2014 09:40 PM

What worked in my case is:
1. Disable all autofs upstart scripts.
Code:
mv /etc/init/autofs.conf /etc/init/autofs.conf.bak
mv /etc/init/autofs-rebuild.conf /etc/init/autofs-rebuild.conf.bak
2. Adapt "start on" configuration of lirc to:
Code:
start on stopped udevtrigger and stopped module-init-tools and started mountall
(i have all my configuration on my NAS)
3. Adapt "start on" configuration of /etc/init/xbmc.conf to:
Code:
start on (started xbmc-preload and started dbus and started lirc) or (xbian-nowait)
4. Adapt "start on" configuration of /etc/init/xbmc-preload.conf to:
Code:
start on started mountall and started lirc

RE: Official XBian 1.0 RC 2 Gotham (XBMC 13) thread - nsviper - 23rd Jun, 2014 10:03 PM

(23rd Jun, 2014 06:53 PM)mk01 Wrote:  @nsviper

while testing new build system I let build Helix and installed the .deb . and realised one thing we didn't consider until now.
when xbmc job is started, there is timeout 100s waiting for XBMC be fully up. normally that is sufficient for XBMC start. but if HUGE db is being converted to new version (what was my case) 100s wasn't enough, xbmc upstart job run out of timeout considered xbmc.bin as not being started correctly (as xbmc was still converting DB long before notifying system that started ok).

so edit /etc/init/xbmc.conf, go into post-start section and change TIMEOUT=100 to TIMEOUT=100000. (you can just delete the new version DB's from sql before, start xbmc again. it will start conversion again. maybe your case is failing for that reason that xbmc.bin is being killed before it fully converts the DB).

Will try that tonight - thanks.

RE: Official XBian 1.0 RC 2 Gotham (XBMC 13) thread - Oliver.O - 24th Jun, 2014 12:34 AM

(23rd Jun, 2014 09:40 PM)CurlyMo Wrote:  What worked in my case is:
[...]
3. Adapt "start on" configuration of /etc/init/xbmc.conf to:
Code:
start on (started xbmc-preload and started dbus and started lirc) or (xbian-nowait)
[...]

Since my fix was only a one-line change (adding "and started lirc" to /etc/init/xbmc.conf)
Code:
start on started xbmc-preload and started dbus and started lirc and (started autofs or xbian-nowait)
do you think all the other changes are really necessary?