Forum
XBian Release Candidate 3 - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Releases (/forum-48.html)
+--- Thread: XBian Release Candidate 3 (/thread-2451.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: XBian Release Candidate 3 - f1vefour - 3rd Oct, 2014 01:00 AM

Could you upload the contents (use pastebin) of /proc/last_kmesg after you lose ssh and reboot?

RE: XBian Release Candidate 3 - harmenzon - 3rd Oct, 2014 06:27 AM

Hello.
I noticed that the option for pass through audio has disappeared in the audio settings.
My receiver does not pick up the Dolby Digital or DTS signal anymore.
Any suggestions?

RE: XBian Release Candidate 3 - rikardo1979 - 3rd Oct, 2014 06:42 AM

(3rd Oct, 2014 06:27 AM)harmenzon Wrote:  Hello.
I noticed that the option for pass through audio has disappeared in the audio settings.
Any suggestions?

have you changed Settings level at the bottom in the System settings? you may missed this as this is new

RE: XBian Release Candidate 3 - harmenzon - 3rd Oct, 2014 06:48 AM

(3rd Oct, 2014 06:42 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote:  
Any suggestions?

have you changed Settings level at the bottom in the System settings? you may missed this as this is new

RE: XBian Release Candidate 3 - rikardo1979 - 3rd Oct, 2014 06:56 AM

(3rd Oct, 2014 06:48 AM)harmenzon Wrote:  
(3rd Oct, 2014 06:42 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote:  
Any suggestions?

I do not seem to have the option to change the settings level in my system settings.

at the bottom left

what build you are on XBian & XBMC?

RE: XBian Release Candidate 3 - harmenzon - 3rd Oct, 2014 07:03 AM

Thanks! That solved it. But first I had to change back to the default skin, since the Xbian themed confluence skin did not give me the option to change the settings level. After that all good.

RE: XBian Release Candidate 3 - agent5150 - 3rd Oct, 2014 12:31 PM

(3rd Oct, 2014 01:00 AM)f1vefour Wrote:  Could you upload the contents (use pastebin) of /proc/last_kmesg after you lose ssh and reboot?

Well... I figured it out. It was due to a IP address conflict. Smile i was assigning a static IP to this Pi using my router. but the IP i was using was already assigned to my guest room's tv.. its an old toshiba that doesn't want to pickup a dhcp assigned IP so I gave it a static IP and forgot. And it is usually not used but my younger kid turned it on yesterday that is why SSH started disconnecting.

So, after changing Pi's IP to different one, all is well on SSH and android remote front. Sheesh. Tongue

RE: XBian Release Candidate 3 - f1vefour - 3rd Oct, 2014 01:52 PM

Thanks for the update, glad you found the resolution.

RE: XBian Release Candidate 3 - Auron90 - 7th Oct, 2014 02:37 AM

Hello, I'm using RC3 and I can't get write permission via Samba on the external hdd connected to the raspberry. I can see the folders and the files from the network but I can't write on it. With RC2 I had no problems... any suggestion?

RE: XBian Release Candidate 3 - Dolphinus - 8th Oct, 2014 12:09 AM

(7th Oct, 2014 02:37 AM)Auron90 Wrote:  Hello, I'm using RC3 and I can't get write permission via Samba on the external hdd connected to the raspberry. I can see the folders and the files from the network but I can't write on it. With RC2 I had no problems... any suggestion?

Are you having this issue with a ssh session? or from windows or another OS network connected?
For network permission issues I had to add

[DOLPH]
path = /media/DOLPH1TB
guest ok =yes
read only = no
browseable = yes
writable = yes

to /etc/samba/shares.conf

For xbian user to be able to write/execute I had to use chmod -R 777 /folder

RE: XBian Release Candidate 3 - mk01 - 8th Oct, 2014 05:06 AM

(30th Sep, 2014 02:05 AM)Oliver.O Wrote:  With RC3 there OnKey response message is missing though the button has apparently been received. Seems to be an XBMC issue...

you might be right. XBian provides custom map for lirc in default install and it is the _same_ since B2 (nor has actual lirc version changed). so either xbmc bug, or xbmc change which should be reflected in xbian's map.

you can (as already recommended by others) use KeyMap addon to correct that but if it is bug / misconfig of some kind I would prefer you do the harder way - find and fix the problem.

if you find anything via google etc, feel free to open issue on github with a solution / discussion - that we can easily get to the info and fix what is needed.

RE: XBian Release Candidate 3 - Auron90 - 8th Oct, 2014 08:44 AM

(8th Oct, 2014 12:09 AM)Dolphinus Wrote:  
(7th Oct, 2014 02:37 AM)Auron90 Wrote:  Hello, I'm using RC3 and I can't get write permission via Samba on the external hdd connected to the raspberry. I can see the folders and the files from the network but I can't write on it. With RC2 I had no problems... any suggestion?

Are you having this issue with a ssh session? or from windows or another OS network connected?
For network permission issues I had to add

[DOLPH]
path = /media/DOLPH1TB
guest ok =yes
read only = no
browseable = yes
writable = yes

to /etc/samba/shares.conf

For xbian user to be able to write/execute I had to use chmod -R 777 /folder
I tried your solution and it works, thank you!! However it's strange because in RC2 it worked without any workaround... Am I the only one with this issue since RC3?

PS: the issue is only in the samba share with both linux and windows. With ssh no problem, the xbian user has the right permissions...

RE: XBian Release Candidate 3 - wifi86 - 8th Oct, 2014 06:14 PM

Hi there,

I just got my problem with the autorestart of xbmc/kodi with the last update that you guys released, but now I cannot view any video via NFS as I used to do, I will post a log later today, as I cannot do it right now, but... Any ideas?

Also, I cannot install aeon mq5 skin, which it is said to be compatible with this version of xbmc and I had installed before all of this.

Thank you in advance and as I said when I can I'll post the log file.

RE: XBian Release Candidate 3 - mk01 - 8th Oct, 2014 06:23 PM

@wifi86

first of all send last apt-get install session log = to REALLY see what packages have been installed specifically (xbian/debian/version_from/version_to) - it is last session in /var/log/apt/history.log.

general comment for any user:
- if any updating ever causes harm to you, revert back. there is no reason to stay on "broken" setup and feel confused.

Code:
btrfs-auto-snapshot rollback root@last_good_known
reboot

RE: XBian Release Candidate 3 - Oliver.O - 10th Oct, 2014 03:35 AM

Problem summary: Since RC3, the buttons <context menu> and <guide> on an MCE remote no longer worked.

(8th Oct, 2014 05:06 AM)mk01 Wrote:  you might be right. XBian provides custom map for lirc in default install and it is the _same_ since B2 (nor has actual lirc version changed). so either xbmc bug, or xbmc change which should be reflected in xbian's map.

you can (as already recommended by others) use KeyMap addon to correct that but if it is bug / misconfig of some kind I would prefer you do the harder way - find and fix the problem.

The KeyMap addon could not access the missing buttons either. Editing a key just timed out without recognizing the button press.

This patch fixed it for me:

Code:
*** /usr/local/share/xbmc/system/Lircmap.xml~   2014-09-24 11:48:43.000000000 +0000
--- /usr/local/share/xbmc/system/Lircmap.xml    2014-10-08 17:20:38.109533187 +0000
*** 102,107 ****
--- 102,110 ----
                <menu>KEY_DVD</menu>
                <clear>KEY_CLEAR</clear>
                <enter>KEY_ENTER</enter>
+               <guide>KEY_GUIDE</guide>
+               <title>KEY_CONTEXT_MENU</title>
+               <recordedtv>KEY_PVR</recordedtv>
        </remote>

<remote device="XboxDVDDongle">

The patch also enables a PVR button, which had to be provided via this patch (replacing a <list> button mapped to KEY_RECORD, although a separeate <record> button mapping exists):

Code:
*** /etc/lirc/remotes/mceusb.conf~      2014-10-08 17:16:25.805585766 +0000
--- /etc/lirc/remotes/mceusb.conf       2014-10-08 17:21:01.871680003 +0000
*** 65,71 ****
          KEY_PICTURES          0x1BB6
          KEY_VIDEO             0x1BB5
          KEY_HOME              0x1BF2
!         KEY_RECORD            0x1BB7
          KEY_GUIDE             0x1BD9
          KEY_SELECT            0x1BF4
          KEY_RETURN            0x1BD8
--- 65,71 ----
          KEY_PICTURES          0x1BB6
          KEY_VIDEO             0x1BB5
          KEY_HOME              0x1BF2
!         KEY_PVR               0x1BB7
          KEY_GUIDE             0x1BD9
          KEY_SELECT            0x1BF4
          KEY_RETURN            0x1BD8

Though I am not aware which change between RC2 and RC3 triggered the problem, I hope this helps. If you still think I should open an xbian issue, please let me know.