Forum
XBian Release Candidate 3 - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Releases (/forum-48.html)
+--- Thread: XBian Release Candidate 3 (/thread-2451.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: XBian Release Candidate 3 - Carpenter - 3rd Sep, 2014 03:52 AM

(2nd Sep, 2014 04:17 AM)Carpenter Wrote:  I did a fresh install and it boots but my LAN isn't working in DHCP and also not when I set it to static. It remains down.
I installed a fresh copy of RC2 and my LAN works so it must be RC3 related.

RE: XBian Release Candidate 3 - Allan Jones - 3rd Sep, 2014 07:56 AM

(3rd Sep, 2014 03:52 AM)Carpenter Wrote:  
(2nd Sep, 2014 04:17 AM)Carpenter Wrote:  I did a fresh install and it boots but my LAN isn't working in DHCP and also not when I set it to static. It remains down.

I have the same issue. My model is B+ and my network is always down with RC3. Static IPs doesn't work. RC2 doesn't boot my PI and I can't make any xbian to work with it.

I have also tried to boot RC2 with start_x.elf and fixup_x.dat from github but it also doesn't work.

RE: XBian Release Candidate 3 - agent5150 - 3rd Sep, 2014 01:26 PM

used apt-get upgrade to upgrade to RC3. Reboot failed to black screen.
checked config.txt and commented out initramfs line. saved and tried. Everything is working so far .. phew !!

RE: XBian Release Candidate 3 - f1vefour - 3rd Sep, 2014 03:55 PM

With your issue could you please post the model of your Pi and the previous version that didn't exhibit the problem.

Thanks.

RE: XBian Release Candidate 3 - Carpenter - 3rd Sep, 2014 04:36 PM

I use a model B btw. After installing a fresh copy of RC2 I updated it via xbian-config and now it works fine as RC3. Even LAN is working (which is cabled and static).

RE: XBian Release Candidate 3 - pogopope - 3rd Sep, 2014 04:54 PM

I upgraded from RC2 to RC3 via apt. Everything seems to be in order but I am experiencing a strange system lockup when I leave a video paused for an extended amount of time. This occurs at some point after the screen is dimmed. I can't check the value for how long this takes since I'm away from my Pi but I did not change the value from default. I did not experience this behavior on RC2.

Re: RE: XBian Release Candidate 3 - f1vefour - 3rd Sep, 2014 05:17 PM

(3rd Sep, 2014 04:54 PM)pogopope Wrote:  I upgraded from RC2 to RC3 via apt. Everything seems to be in order but I am experiencing a strange system lockup when I leave a video paused for an extended amount of time. This occurs at some point after the screen is dimmed. I can't check the value for how long this takes since I'm away from my Pi but I did not change the value from default. I did not experience this behavior on RC2.

Did you attempt to login over ssh while the device was locked up? If not could you try next time?

Next you could try disabling the screensaver all together to see if this occurs.

(3rd Sep, 2014 04:36 PM)Carpenter Wrote:  
I use a model B btw. After installing a fresh copy of RC2 I updated it via xbian-config and now it works fine as RC3. Even LAN is working (which is cabled and static).

Thanks for coming back and letting us know.

RE: XBian Release Candidate 3 - pogopope - 3rd Sep, 2014 05:27 PM

(3rd Sep, 2014 05:17 PM)f1vefour Wrote:  
(3rd Sep, 2014 04:54 PM)pogopope Wrote:  I upgraded from RC2 to RC3 via apt. Everything seems to be in order but I am experiencing a strange system lockup when I leave a video paused for an extended amount of time. This occurs at some point after the screen is dimmed. I can't check the value for how long this takes since I'm away from my Pi but I did not change the value from default. I did not experience this behavior on RC2.

Did you attempt to login over ssh while the device was locked up? If not could you try next time?

Next you could try disabling the screensaver all together to see if this occurs.
Thanks for the reply f1vefour. I did find that ssh timed out each time this occurred since I originally thought that CEC might've malfunctioned. I'll see what happens with the screensaver disabled entirely.

RE: XBian Release Candidate 3 - aztech - 3rd Sep, 2014 08:38 PM

Care to explain something for me?
What's the difference between "regular" apt-get upgrade and "updating to RC3 via apt-get" ?

My rpi didn't boot yesterday after doing a apt-get upgrade, don't know if I went to RC3 this way, or if there was another problem.

This was done on a model B.

Thanks!

RE: XBian Release Candidate 3 - CurlyMo - 3rd Sep, 2014 08:53 PM

To be most safe, just upgrade through xbian-config or only upgrade all xbian packages. Those packages will make sure the rest will be upgraded as well. There are some issues with Raspbian, so you have to upgrade around it.

RE: XBian Release Candidate 3 - Kevin Verbeke - 3rd Sep, 2014 10:37 PM

looks like libsystem0-login ain't availeble anymore on the raspbian repo

RE: XBian Release Candidate 3 - Smultie - 3rd Sep, 2014 11:43 PM

(3rd Sep, 2014 10:37 PM)Kevin Verbeke Wrote:  looks like libsystem0-login ain't availeble anymore on the raspbian repo

Yeah, gogo release 1.0 stable Big Grin

RE: XBian Release Candidate 3 - wifi86 - 3rd Sep, 2014 11:48 PM

(3rd Sep, 2014 11:43 PM)Smultie Wrote:  
(3rd Sep, 2014 10:37 PM)Kevin Verbeke Wrote:  looks like libsystem0-login ain't availeble anymore on the raspbian repo

Yeah, gogo release 1.0 stable Big Grin

Hope they find a solution to the restart loop before...

RE: XBian Release Candidate 3 - badmonkey - 4th Sep, 2014 05:38 AM

I had exactly the same issue .. but I didn't have time to look into the logs ... I reverted back to a snapshot prior to the issue and it's now fine but obviously back on RC2. I think I'll try hopping onto the fresh RC3 image when I get a chance and see if that gets me past the issue.

(2nd Sep, 2014 05:18 PM)wifi86 Wrote:  Hi there,

Yesterdayt got update through the console interface and everything seemed normal, except for the fact that xbmc restarts himself every two minutes or so without reason, I just get another packaged updated today but xbmc continues to be so annoying, do you guys know anything about that is there a solution or a patch coming up?

Thank you very much and keep going!

RE: XBian Release Candidate 3 - ubersteiny - 4th Sep, 2014 09:36 AM

So I fixed my previous issue I mentioned by reformatting my SD card and doing an fresh RC3 install. There seems to be a locale issue now and since my configuration isn't any different than before I'm thinking it might be from RC3.

I get this when using xbian-config:
[attachment=354]

This warning gets repeated before xbian-config opens as well
Code:
-bash: warning: setlocale: LC_ALL: cannot change locale (en_US.UTF-8)
-bash: warning: setlocale: LC_ALL: cannot change locale (en_US.UTF-8)
/bin/bash: warning: setlocale: LC_ALL: cannot change locale (en_US.UTF-8)
-locale: Cannot set LC_CTYPE to default locale: No such file or directory
locale: Cannot set LC_MESSAGES to default locale: No such file or directory
locale: Cannot set LC_ALL to default locale: No such file or directory
/usr/local/include/xbian-config/functions/language: line 53: warning: setlocale: LC_ALL: cannot change locale (en_US.UTF-8)

and when I run locale I get
Code:
locale: Cannot set LC_CTYPE to default locale: No such file or directory
locale: Cannot set LC_MESSAGES to default locale: No such file or directory
locale: Cannot set LC_ALL to default locale: No such file or directory
LANG=en_US.UTF-8
LANGUAGE=en_US.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="en_US.UTF-8"