Forum
[CONTEST]Free Raspberry Pi 2 - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Community (/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: XBian news (/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: [CONTEST]Free Raspberry Pi 2 (/thread-2761.html)

Pages: 1 2

[CONTEST]Free Raspberry Pi 2 - rikardo1979 - 19th Feb, 2015 04:41 AM

!!!THREAD CLOSED - NO MORE ENTRIES!!!

So the time is over and here we have four entries in our contest.
We have created a poll at the top of this thread so you can give your vote to the best one in your opinion. Poll is going to be opened for next seven days.
Than the project with most votes will receive FREE Raspberry Pi 2.

1. Raspchap multimeter - by @iamashwin99
  2. Jukebox - by @packetgeek
  3. XBT(XBian Two) - by @Jibbij
  4. Home Automation - by @Skywatch

RE: [CONTEST]Free Raspberry Pi 2 - rikardo1979 - 19th Feb, 2015 04:52 AM

!!!THREAD CLOSED - NO MORE ENTRIES!!!

!Please share your projects here!
!This thread is dedicated to this purpose ONLY!

!Any other unrelated posts WILL BE REMOVED!

--->>>Please read how to enter - Raspberry Pi 2 Giveaway<<<---

RE: [CONTEST]Free Raspberry Pi 2 - iamashwin99 - 23rd Feb, 2015 02:12 PM

Aim
I plan to make a multimeter(a cheaper alternative to fluke multimeter or so) with logging capabilities and to produce graphical data about the variation in the input value.

Nomenclature
Raspchap multimeter = Raspberry Pi 2 Cheap Multimeter

Features
Confused-->Measure up to 100 V ac and dc
Code:
(by using a voltage splitter to reduce 100v to 5 v)
:-->Resistance
Code:
(by using R=V/I)(0.1 Ω to 5 MΩ)
:-->continuity testing
Code:
(two separate GPI pins)
:-->NPN or PNP testing
Code:
(using 8 gpio pins)
:-->diode testing
:-->Min/Max and average recording to capture variations automatically
:--> Channel input for testing
Code:
(therby using 8 GPIO pins)
:-->Temperature
Code:
(by using a thermistor) (2 separate gpio pins)
:-->Logging the variation in input in graphical way
:-->with 4' display to display the readings
Code:
(separate gpio pins)
:-->3 years warrantyBig GrinBig Grin
:-->Gaming while recording data from input
Code:
(using our beloved xbian os)
:-->Uploading the data to a server (to access it from any where around the world)
So you got a PC with all the capability of a mulimeter..Wink

RE: [CONTEST]Free Raspberry Pi 2 - packetgeek - 25th Feb, 2015 09:48 PM

I have a couple projects that I'd like to try out on the RPi2:

1) Test building/running Liquidsoap on the RPi2. This is my ongoing effort to find a SBC that will run a Liquidsoap-based jukebox without stuttering. The RPi Model B could almost do it. For those that don't know, Liquidsoap is a scripting language for streaming media (entire automated radio stations (see AirTime) have been written in it). I have a homegrown jukebox that I'd like to move to a SBC. For more info on the language, see: http://savonet.sourceforge.net/

2) Because the RPi7 is A7-based, it might be able to run the Xen hypervisor. I'm interested in seeing if the RPi2 can do it, with one of the VMs being the Win 10 (ARM) OS.

- Tim

RE: [CONTEST]Free Raspberry Pi 2 - scymex - 26th Feb, 2015 04:29 AM

Hello!
I wanna build up a custom media center thing in a custom case that supports all media formats.
Here's my list what i want:
-IR receiver
-Bluetooth
-DVD drive
-Using HDD
(-DVB-T tuner)

-Automatically downloading my favorite series episodes from torrent
(-Configuring a NAS server for our documents, photos etc.)

RE: [CONTEST]Free Raspberry Pi 2 - rikardo1979 - 26th Feb, 2015 05:17 AM

(26th Feb, 2015 04:29 AM)scymex Wrote:  Hello!
I wanna build up a custom media center thing in a custom case that supports all media formats.
Here's my list what i want:
-IR receiver
-Bluetooth
-DVD drive
-Using HDD
(-DVB-T tuner)

-Automatically downloading my favorite series episodes from torrent
(-Configuring a NAS server for our documents, photos etc.)

not sure if we going to count this in as the thing you described is just basic XBian installation with some packages. All this was here for long and most of the people already using it

RE: [CONTEST]Free Raspberry Pi 2 - Jibbij - 26th Feb, 2015 10:30 PM

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
XBian.Two
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is it?

Code:
XBian.Two (XBT) is an open-source diskimg for the Raspberry Pi 2, which has been pre-configured for use as both an media center as well as an retro gaming console.

What makes it special?

Code:
Obtaining a full-featured media center with easy access to your retro games will never get any easier than this. XBT will be built for a single device, allowing a slimmer install as well as assurance that every update you see is for your device. Also, when there are more users using a the same device and configuration, bugs can be addressed more efficiently.

Why do you need a free Raspberry Pi 2?

Code:
While I do currently have an Raspberry Pi 2, it is already deployed for daily use, and as such, it is not suitable for development. Receiving a free device would allow me to have a device to use exclusively for development.

Please follow my thread for more information and future development

RE: [CONTEST]Free Raspberry Pi 2 - Skywatch - 1st Mar, 2015 04:34 AM

I hope to use a pi 2 for xbian and home automation/home security project.

I already have managed to program arduinos to send data from sensors to the pi using a 'domotica' system as well as one I have managed to do myself using NRF24L01+ radio modules and only arduinos.

Currently I get data from the greenhouse (greenhouse temp and humidity as well as outdoor temp and humidity, air pressure and light level (1 lux increments). I also have the fridge and freezer monitored (again with NRF modules) sending temp and humidity of each. All results currently displayed on a 20x4 and a 16x2 LCD display. Highest and lowest values are available and software filters for spurious readings.

Soon I will add highcharts and maybe some more to graph the data.

I have auto kitchen lighting as well with arduio that can be easily incorporated and am working on adding a function to turn on the amplifier when I enter the house to have music (and lights) come on when the front door is opened.

Adding more sensors inside (doors, windows, pir etc) and out (pir, bean break, uv levels etc) will follow to create a combined home security/ home automation/ media centre system.

It's taken a while to get this far, but I continue to search, read, learn and it's coming together nicely at the moment. I just need some more time and to look into adding a 'mono' based system alongside kodi in xbian and it could be finished in a matter of months.

Maybe it would be possible to have this all displayed within kodi similar to the weather plugins, but currently that's waaaay beyond my capabilities! Wink

Skywatch.

RE: [CONTEST]Free Raspberry Pi 2 - rikardo1979 - 1st Mar, 2015 08:50 AM

First post updated! Please read!

RE: [CONTEST]Free Raspberry Pi 2 - rikardo1979 - 1st Mar, 2015 08:26 PM

!!! Thread is closed! Please do not post here! Thank you !!!

RE: [CONTEST]Free Raspberry Pi 2 - rikardo1979 - 6th Mar, 2015 04:21 PM

In past few days we have recognized numerous votes by users who registered with disposable email accounts and in same time almost.
Votes from those users will not count in at the end!
Thanks

RE: [CONTEST]Free Raspberry Pi 2 - rikardo1979 - 7th Mar, 2015 04:19 AM

Because of an error in our system we had to reset the poll to make things right. Unfortunately there wasn't a chance to save and move the data.
For this reason all is rested.

But no worries, there is plenty of time to vote again as we have extended the time.
You have 5 more days to do so.

We are sorry for inconvenience caused

RE: [CONTEST]Free Raspberry Pi 2 - Jibbij - 7th Mar, 2015 08:01 AM

(7th Mar, 2015 04:19 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote:  
Because of an error in our system we had to reset the poll to make things right. Unfortunately there wasn't a chance to save and move the data.

But no worries, there is plenty of time to vote again as we have extended the time.

Thank you; much appreciated. I spread the link like wildfire telling friends to make an account and vote and they said an account wasn't needed. Glad to see that's fixed.

RE: [CONTEST]Free Raspberry Pi 2 - iamashwin99 - 7th Mar, 2015 12:36 PM

(7th Mar, 2015 08:01 AM)Jibbij Wrote:  
(7th Mar, 2015 04:19 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote:  

Thank you; much appreciated. I spread the link like wildfire telling friends to make an account and vote and they said an account wasn't needed. Glad to see that's fixed.
So did I , I suspected that those votes which had been done without an account wouldnt be counted and that had a happened.Now atleast we have 5 more days of time...Big Grin

RE: [CONTEST]Free Raspberry Pi 2 - rikardo1979 - 12th Mar, 2015 06:06 AM

Time is over.
We will make decision in next few hours and winner/s will be contacted