Forum
[PROBLEM] Screen calibration not saved after switching to TV and back - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Community (/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Uncategorized (/forum-59.html)
+--- Thread: [PROBLEM] Screen calibration not saved after switching to TV and back (/thread-2799.html)

Screen calibration not saved after switching to TV and back - starous - 1st Mar, 2015 07:49 PM

Guys,

I've been struggling with this issue for a long time, and still can not find the root cause. Please, help.

I calibrate my xbian, because it doesn't fit on my TV. The edges hide behind the frame. But whenever I switch to TV and then back to xbian, the calibration gets lost. I have to restart my pi to get it back.

Do you know what is needed to be set, so this doesn't happen?

I have Raspi B (512mg) with the latest xbian version (kodi 14.2)
My pi is connected to Ethernet and to my TV.

Thanks

RE: Screen calibration not saved after switching to TV and back - rikardo1979 - 1st Mar, 2015 07:51 PM

never needed to calibrate screen
make sure your tv is set properly and there is no overscan
I was posting multiple times about this

RE: Screen calibration not saved after switching to TV and back - f1vefour - 1st Mar, 2015 09:27 PM

There is a git issue: https://github.com/xbianonpi/xbian/issues/667

RE: Screen calibration not saved after switching to TV and back - starous - 2nd Mar, 2015 01:16 AM

(1st Mar, 2015 07:51 PM)rikardo1979 Wrote:  never needed to calibrate screen
make sure your tv is set properly and there is no overscan
I was posting multiple times about this

My pi has been running for 173 days and I have the same tv since then. I don't think that the problem is in my tv.

(1st Mar, 2015 09:27 PM)f1vefour Wrote:  There is a git issue: https://github.com/xbianonpi/xbian/issues/667

Thanks, I'll follow this issue, but this behavior is really strange, because after restarting the pi everything gets fixed. It seems that the problem is somewhere in the CEC.

RE: Screen calibration not saved after switching to TV and back - rikardo1979 - 2nd Mar, 2015 01:37 AM

i was about to calibration needs not loosing settings
I have never ever needed any calibrations for many, and really many screens. I have been setting up Kodi on many devices, many screens for many people and again, never, ever needed to use this.
I would say with proper setup you should not need to do such thing

But I may be wrong and of course there are situations where this might be needed. But it is very rare and I personally never came across this

RE: Screen calibration not saved after switching to TV and back - f1vefour - 2nd Mar, 2015 01:52 AM

I have this odd TV, when in native 1366x768 it wont allow me to activate dynamic contrast or noise reduction. So I have to run the TV in 1280x720 and adjust the calibration so I can use the advanced TV functions. Hisense is stupid for making it this way.

RE: Screen calibration not saved after switching to TV and back - rikardo1979 - 2nd Mar, 2015 02:02 AM

(2nd Mar, 2015 01:52 AM)f1vefour Wrote:  I have this odd TV, when in native 1366x768 it wont allow me to activate dynamic contrast or noise reduction. So I have to run the TV in 1280x720 and adjust the calibration so I can use the advanced TV functions. Hisense is stupid for making it this way.

I was reading manual for his TV and something like this is mentioned there too, that in some PC mode or what ever the screen going to use native resolution but than not all functions are available

Screen calibration not saved after switching to TV and back - starous - 2nd Mar, 2015 02:02 AM

(2nd Mar, 2015 01:37 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote:  i was about to calibration needs not loosing settings
I have never ever needed any calibrations for many, and really many screens. I have been setting up Kodi on many devices, many screens for many people and again, never, ever needed to use this.

But I may be wrong and of course there are situations where this might be needed. But it is very rare and I personally never came across this

Maybe you are right and maybe I'm missing some proper setting on my tv. But the question is why kodi doesn't remember the calibration settings on hdmi disconnect/connect?

RE: Screen calibration not saved after switching to TV and back - f1vefour - 2nd Mar, 2015 02:05 AM

It is a kodi issue, I also am waiting on the fix.

Screen calibration not saved after switching to TV and back - starous - 2nd Mar, 2015 02:06 AM

(2nd Mar, 2015 02:05 AM)f1vefour Wrote:  It is a kodi issue, I also am waiting on the fix.

Thanks ;-)

RE: Screen calibration not saved after switching to TV and back - f1vefour - 2nd Mar, 2015 02:07 AM

The latest alpha remembers my calibration but youtube is broken :/

RE: Screen calibration not saved after switching to TV and back - rikardo1979 - 2nd Mar, 2015 02:24 AM

(2nd Mar, 2015 02:02 AM)starous Wrote:  
(2nd Mar, 2015 01:37 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote:  i was about to calibration needs not loosing settings

Maybe you are right and maybe I'm missing some proper setting on my tv. But the question is why kodi doesn't remember the calibration settings on hdmi disconnect/connect?
sorry, I am not trying to be an a..s but I was trying to say that maybe you putting your afford into something what is maybe not even needed Wink

RE: Screen calibration not saved after switching to TV and back - f1vefour - 2nd Mar, 2015 02:40 AM

You're an ass @rikardo1979 Tongue

RE: Screen calibration not saved after switching to TV and back - rikardo1979 - 2nd Mar, 2015 02:55 AM

(2nd Mar, 2015 02:40 AM)f1vefour Wrote:  You're an ass @rikardo1979 Tongue

I know I am sometime, shame on me Tongue I still think same Big Grin

RE: Screen calibration not saved after switching to TV and back - Exnor - 23rd Mar, 2015 10:49 AM

Well i had the same issues several times and i was able to correct it by enabling CEC on the rPi (kodi) and disabling any CEC extended standarts on my TV's (in my case LG SimpLink).
Hope this give any help.