Forum
Passthrough via S/PDIF without pulse - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Hardware (/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Video and Audio (/forum-28.html)
+--- Thread: Passthrough via S/PDIF without pulse (/thread-3576.html)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Passthrough via S/PDIF without pulse - IriDium - 9th Jun, 2016 04:35 AM

I know this might sound stupid but I think I have replicated the problem.

By connecting the RPi HDMI to the AV AND the S/PDIF optical to the AV, I get XBian but no sound. If I switch to "optical" on the AV, I don't get anything on the screen - obviously.

Can you confirm that HDMi is going to the TV and S/PDIF is going to the AV.

RE: Passthrough via S/PDIF without pulse - daharn - 10th Jun, 2016 05:10 AM

(9th Jun, 2016 04:35 AM)IriDium Wrote:  Can you confirm that HDMi is going to the TV and S/PDIF is going to the AV.

Yes, I can confirm that.

(8th Jun, 2016 03:33 AM)IriDium Wrote:  Maybe you need to restart from scratch and start from there. Confluence skin, no add-ons or other modifications apart from thise listed above and see what you get.

Hm, maybe it's worth a shot. By "from scratch", do you mean a complete vanilla xbian system? Because that would be a bit of a pain in the ass, since I have also installed an nginx server and git on it and am unsure, whether I can reproduce all the steps I have taken.Confused

Or is there a way to only "reset" kodi? Although I haven't made that many adjustments in the first place.

However, my first guess is still that it might be different with a decent AV (as you appear to have) than with my crappy sound bar. Just need to get hold of one.Tongue

RE: Passthrough via S/PDIF without pulse - IriDium - 10th Jun, 2016 05:42 AM

I would suggest installing XBian on a new (not existing) SD card (for the sake of $4 less for a 2g) and seeing if it works. If it does, then work backwards and see where it breaks. It would prove if it is XBian or your AV or setup.

If you have a working system, then copying the nginx settings shouldn't be a problem and git is just a simple install.

Don't install a new vanilla system on your current setup until you have verified whether it is H/W or S/W related.

BTW: As a system engineer. Always document your steps taken to install or do something. It is as important as making backups. You wouldn't send a letter to the IRS/HMRC/Hades without taking a COPY - right!!!

RE: Passthrough via S/PDIF without pulse - daharn - 14th Jun, 2016 10:38 AM

Just tested it with a current vanilla xbian build (except for the changes in config.txt to allow for hifiberry) and the problem persists. I assume my soundbar to be the problem, just need to get a hold of a decent AV-Receiver or transformer to test this.