Forum
[PROBLEM] RPi3 takes over TV - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Hardware (/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Remotes and CEC support (/forum-26.html)
+--- Thread: [PROBLEM] RPi3 takes over TV (/thread-3837.html)

[PROBLEM] RPi3 takes over TV - robtown - 15th Sep, 2016 06:34 AM

Raspberry Pi 3
HDHomerun add-on
Samsung series 8 TV 2016 w/simple remote
XBian / Kodi, of course - though about 7/2012 release

CEC works and the most of the remote functions map (except channel up/down). That's good.
The issue is after I change to another (HDMI) source using the TV menu. For example, the cable box, or AppleTV. From 5 seconds to a minute later Xbian commandeers the HDMI and switches the TV back to itself. Bad! All I can think of is the RPi is toggling the HDMI somehow announcing that it is starting up and making the TV switch back to it by convention.

With that in mind I'll try adding the config file line to not power on TV upon power on of RPi.

Any other advice?

BTW - I reworked my Xbian install to the 7/2012 version after something I did with the most current version caused video output to immediately stop right after HDHomerun add-on loaded. Fortunately the entire process is simple and fast.

RE: [PROBLEM] RPi3 takes over TV - rikardo1979 - 15th Sep, 2016 04:12 PM

(15th Sep, 2016 06:34 AM)robtown Wrote:  Raspberry Pi 3
HDHomerun add-on
Samsung series 8 TV 2016 w/simple remote
XBian / Kodi, of course - though about 7/2012 release

CEC works and the most of the remote functions map (except channel up/down). That's good.
The issue is after I change to another (HDMI) source using the TV menu. For example, the cable box, or AppleTV. From 5 seconds to a minute later Xbian commandeers the HDMI and switches the TV back to itself. Bad! All I can think of is the RPi is toggling the HDMI somehow announcing that it is starting up and making the TV switch back to it by convention.

With that in mind I'll try adding the config file line to not power on TV upon power on of RPi.

Any other advice?

BTW - I reworked my Xbian install to the 7/2012 version after something I did with the most current version caused video output to immediately stop right after HDHomerun add-on loaded. Fortunately the entire process is simple and fast.

Change settings System -> Settings -> System -> Input Devices -> Peripherals -> CEC adapter