Forum
Official XBian 1.0 Alpha 5 thread - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Releases (/forum-48.html)
+--- Thread: Official XBian 1.0 Alpha 5 thread (/thread-496.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Alpha 5 thread - castalla - 2nd Mar, 2013 09:35 PM

(2nd Mar, 2013 06:45 PM)Koenkk Wrote:  what do you exactly mean with a lockup? (E.G. lag spike, total system hang) Also can you post your /home/xbian/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log after the lockup? Post it on pastebin.com and link it here.

XBMC just freezes - no response to keystrokes.

I'm starting to suspect a CEC interaction issue - even though it's disabled (?).

I'll post a pastebin when it happens next time.

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Alpha 5 thread - aquarius18 - 2nd Mar, 2013 10:21 PM

(2nd Mar, 2013 09:35 PM)castalla Wrote:  
(2nd Mar, 2013 06:45 PM)Koenkk Wrote:  what do you exactly mean with a lockup? (E.G. lag spike, total system hang) Also can you post your /home/xbian/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log after the lockup? Post it on pastebin.com and link it here.

I'm starting to suspect a CEC interaction issue - even though it's disabled (?).

Interesting indeed...

I am getting lockups (complete freezes) on Frodo installs on a couple of my PC's (Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and Linux Mint 14) but not on my Raspi running Xbian 1.0a5. The Xbian installation is the smoothest and best running of the three Frodo's.

My Xbian install in the lounge runs on an 8Gb Sandisk Extreme, the Pi is connected via HDMI to a Sony Bravia and is controlled with the Sony remote (or with Yatse from my Galaxy S3 phone). Nothing else hooked up on the USB ports.

Media is played back from my NAS (sits in my office) via Gigabit wired ethernet and the whole setup is running like a Singer sewing machine - no lockup since upgrading to alpha 5.

Thanks guys, keep up the good work!

As an aside and totally off-topic: I would like to see a Raspi with 1.4Gb processor and double the current RAM (happy to pay double the current charge of $35 for such a Pi) and then run Xbian on that box. Cool

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Alpha 5 thread - castalla - 2nd Mar, 2013 11:02 PM

(2nd Mar, 2013 10:21 PM)aquarius18 Wrote:  
(2nd Mar, 2013 09:35 PM)castalla Wrote:  

Interesting indeed...

I am getting lockups (complete freezes) on Frodo installs on a couple of my PC's (Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and Linux Mint 14) but not on my Raspi running Xbian 1.0a5. The Xbian installation is the smoothest and best running of the three Frodo's.

My Xbian install in the lounge runs on an 8Gb Sandisk Extreme, the Pi is connected via HDMI to a Sony Bravia and is controlled with the Sony remote (or with Yatse from my Galaxy S3 phone). Nothing else hooked up on the USB ports.

Media is played back from my NAS (sits in my office) via Gigabit wired ethernet and the whole setup is running like a Singer sewing machine - no lockup since upgrading to alpha 5.

Thanks guys, keep up the good work!

As an aside and totally off-topic: I would like to see a Raspi with 1.4Gb processor and double the current RAM (happy to pay double the current charge of $35 for such a Pi) and then run Xbian on that box. Cool

Sounds like a Cubieboard or a Wandboard - but you'd have to install xbmc yourself!

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Alpha 5 thread - Tommiiee - 3rd Mar, 2013 03:47 AM

(2nd Mar, 2013 09:17 PM)Koenkk Wrote:  @Tommiiee can you still try this then? http://forum.xbian.org/thread-496-post-6841.html#pid6841
I tried it, and so far it seems to have worked. Both my movie and TV shows posters are high quality now. I wonder for how long Tongue They have survived a reboot so far.

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Alpha 5 thread - CurlyMo - 3rd Mar, 2013 04:39 AM

@aquarius18, donate us a cubieboard and we'll port XBian.

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Alpha 5 thread - Killerbee - 7th Mar, 2013 04:08 AM

I noticed two more things in Alpha 5

Scrolling of long titles/names of movies (speelfilms) / music cd's (Albums) in the "recently added items" in the main screen take a lot of cpu. Any possibility to switch this of?

Also a process called
/rootfs/usr/bin/splash --percentagebar --percentage=12 --msgtxt=loading...
is still running.

Please kill it after a while.

KB

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Alpha 5 thread - CurlyMo - 7th Mar, 2013 04:13 AM

@Killerbee, can you post that splash bug on git?

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Alpha 5 thread - Killerbee - 7th Mar, 2013 05:01 AM

(7th Mar, 2013 04:13 AM)CurlyMo Wrote:  @Killerbee, can you post that splash bug on git?

Sorry I do not have a git account. I am not a dev but a user Wink

Done Issue created.

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Alpha 5 thread - namtih - 7th Mar, 2013 05:29 PM

(7th Mar, 2013 04:08 AM)Killerbee Wrote:  Scrolling of long titles/names of movies (speelfilms) / music cd's (Albums) in the "recently added items" in the main screen take a lot of cpu. Any possibility to switch this of?

It's a known bug of the Pi edition. Every time you see a scrolling text the CPU usage will stay at nearly 100%. You can also see it in the Addons menu, when an addon has a long description text.
I think the only workaround is to modify the skin. Or for the addon issue I edited the xml files of the addons and removed the long description text.

There is already an issue ticket, so hopefully there will be a fix for it as it is very annoying:
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/14136
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=156320

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Alpha 5 thread - kraleksandr - 7th Mar, 2013 05:31 PM

bug http://forum.xbian.org/thread-462.html ?

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Alpha 5 thread - castalla - 7th Mar, 2013 08:43 PM

I'm getting fed up with xbian locking up when left on 'standby' ... this never used to happen with earler versions.

If I leave xbian running .... after some random time the menu screens become unresponsive to key presses.

This has been happening since I installed alpha 5 some time ago.

Here's the last log - http://pastebin.com/WJHQ7KMm

Can't see anything obvious there - except that cec is loaded (which is disabled in xbmc itself).
On the other hand the CPU is running at 95% !!!! This is just looking at system info!

Surely something wrong there??????

Very, very irritating!

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Alpha 5 thread - CurlyMo - 7th Mar, 2013 08:48 PM

Quote:Can't see anything obvious there - except that cec is loaded (which is disabled in xbmc itself).
On the other hand the CPU is running at 95% !!!! This is just looking at system info!
If you use the official XBian (not experimental/pre release) builds then you shouldn't be able to see the CPU info...

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Alpha 5 thread - castalla - 7th Mar, 2013 09:32 PM

Errr .. don't understand! I dloaded from the download page when you released alpha 5 ...

So - which build should I use???

Re: RE: Official XBian 1.0 Alpha 5 thread - rikardo1979 - 7th Mar, 2013 09:46 PM

(7th Mar, 2013 09:32 PM)castalla Wrote:  Errr .. don't understand! I dloaded from the download page when you released alpha 5 ...

So - which build should I use???

whats your XBian and XBMC versions under System info ?

Official XBian 1.0 Alpha 5 thread - Koenkk - 7th Mar, 2013 09:48 PM

If you see the cpu bar it either means you have installed a pre release or you installed a different skin. The cpu bar in XBMC isn't showing a good value at all