Forum

Full Version: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
(29th Jun, 2013 08:36 AM)Fred Wrote: [ -> ]You should add remotedelay to advanced settings.

I've done that, used high or low setting (between 1 and 20) but no effect, still getting multi presses..

Side note, airplay working again, bugger if i know why it's suddenly started working again when it wasn't before but something similar did happen with a4 or 5 so may have been a compnent within the network...
(30th Jun, 2013 04:57 AM)agent5150 Wrote: [ -> ]Upgraded my pi to Beta 1 and it went smooth. No issues during upgrade and everything works. Awesome release.

Used fresh install on a brand new Pi and I can't get to config.txt file in /boot. nano config.txt brings up a new file. what gives?
When I pop the SD card in my windows pc, I can see and view the config.txt file. so why can't I get to it via ssh session just like I can on my other Pi?

sudo mount /boot
sudo nano /boot/config.txt
(30th Jun, 2013 09:58 AM)f1vefour Wrote: [ -> ]
(30th Jun, 2013 04:57 AM)agent5150 Wrote: [ -> ]Upgraded my pi to Beta 1 and it went smooth. No issues during upgrade and everything works. Awesome release.

Used fresh install on a brand new Pi and I can't get to config.txt file in /boot. nano config.txt brings up a new file. what gives?
When I pop the SD card in my windows pc, I can see and view the config.txt file. so why can't I get to it via ssh session just like I can on my other Pi?

sudo mount /boot

Thanks. this is something new. Didn't have to do this in Alpha 5
(30th Jun, 2013 12:08 PM)agent5150 Wrote: [ -> ]
(30th Jun, 2013 09:58 AM)f1vefour Wrote: [ -> ]sudo mount /boot

Thanks. this is something new. Didn't have to do this in Alpha 5

(26th Jun, 2013 05:07 PM)Koenkk Wrote: [ -> ]- From beta 1 we will protect the fragile /boot fat partition. To access it use: mount /boot
Sorry for being noob, but how to update it from alpha05. What is the command?
(30th Jun, 2013 05:42 PM)kaladont Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry for being noob, but how to update it from alpha05. What is the command?

You can't, they've pulled the update due to some issues (start of the thread)
will it be in near future or only clean install? It is not xbmc that worries me. I have some much thing configured on xbian which I do not want to do from the strach. How can I restore only things like sftp, samba, apache etc...?
Anyone else using MYEpi skin? Its not displaying correctly for me in beta 1. The text is displayed but most of the graphics are missing. Not too sure if this can be fixed easily.

anyone got any suggestions for another fast skin. (metropolis?)
(30th Jun, 2013 12:33 AM)jvandenbroek Wrote: [ -> ]
(29th Jun, 2013 05:42 PM)rafnomos Wrote: [ -> ]
(29th Jun, 2013 05:36 PM)Fred Wrote: [ -> ]
Terminal
sudo reload xbmc

thankyou fred
but this will only stop xbmc and hang on xbian login
ias I said before I am only able to do this IF I chmod frandom...
if you have a solution please post Smile
raf

Not sure why that doesn't work for you, here it does restart. But you might want to try out this then:

Terminal
sudo stop xbmc
sudo start xbmc

i tried that ...
no luck
it just stops and no restart
it reports no acces read to frandom....
thankyou for your help
raf
(30th Jun, 2013 07:00 PM)stickman Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone else using MYEpi skin? Its not displaying correctly for me in beta 1. The text is displayed but most of the graphics are missing. Not too sure if this can be fixed easily.

anyone got any suggestions for another fast skin. (metropolis?)

This post might help you mate: http://forum.xbian.org/post-11899.html#pid11899

(the install libtiff part)

For me, for now, things are not usable. Did a new install, ran into the following issues:
- most video addons marked as "broken" "dependencies not met" in superrepo (lack of youtube being a "blocking issue" for me, I just cannot explain to my three year old why he can't watch Fireman Sam on the TV anymore Wink ).
- skin install (Ace skin) from superrepo is acting up as well (download completed but skin did not start, subsequent tries the download stuck at 0%)
- "corruption" of the graphics on the ssh xbian config reported earlier in the thread
- superrepo was not populated, needed to do "check update/force refresh" before anything showed up
- addon icons (will try the libtiff thing myself)

The good:
- oh my god, the speed of it all..
- playing videos was no problem
- accessing my mySQL db and NFS shares was no probs (changed advancedsettings.xml and sources.xml and it worked).

Question: will there be a way to "update" the Beta1 to the (I hope soon to follow) Beta1.1 that fixes the issues that were acknowledged (like the libtiff thing)?

Thanks for the hard work, and I still love the distro, though I must agree with his Curliness on one point: this feels more alpha than alpha 5 or 4 ever did. No worries on that, though it might have been the wrong call to make this beta 1 rather than alpha 7.
if you brave enough you may have a fun an maybe give us a hand with testing Wink
http://forum.xbian.org/showthread.php?tid=1060
(26th Jun, 2013 02:06 AM)hawkpd Wrote: [ -> ]
(25th Jun, 2013 12:35 PM)xbmcnut Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone else missing icons from the Ad-ons? When I go to install Add-ons in settings, none of the add-ons show their developers icon; they're all the default 'puzzle' icon. They install OK but if you place these icons on the homepage under videos, music, programs etc. they are transparent and do not show. Even the Xbian config icon is transparent.

I've installed and configured over one hundred 1.05a instances (without issue) and this was a clean build onto a 4GB Class 10 card today.

I have this very same issue as well. Clean install but add-on icons show as the default puzzle symbol, homepage icons are transparent, and no weather icons.

Another odd one I found is if I SSH via Putty I don't get a "clean" xbian config menu. Rather than the menu using line characters to form the borders, I get a mess of q, k, and u characters which I have not had before when using putty on other builds. Exiting from XBMC and then logging in via my TV and displaying the xbian config displays the menu fine.

Hi, I'm experiencing the same problem, have we found a resolve yet? Thanks
please use search,there is a fix for this in this thread
-thx-
(29th Jun, 2013 02:28 PM)f1vefour Wrote: [ -> ]
(29th Jun, 2013 08:50 AM)Pawlisko Wrote: [ -> ]What about iptables?

Still I do not see any solutions.

Have you tried:

sudo modprobe ipt_masquerade

xbian@xBian ~ $ sudo modprobe ipt_masquerade
[sudo] password for xbian:
FATAL: Module ipt_masquerade not found.

Whats next?
(28th Jun, 2013 02:33 AM)Fred Wrote: [ -> ]I would also think it only handles tiff images, but all the problems with textures, icons, images mentioned in this thread so far were solved by installing libtiff4. So give it a try, XBMC needs it anyway, it was a mistake that it is not included in the image.

Hi Fred, how exactly do I install the tiff file as advised earlier? I'm new to the Rasberry pi XBMC world.

Thanks
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Reference URL's