Forum

Full Version: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Since i'm unable to find it on the foruns, how do i update from beta1.1 to 1.2??? Sorry but i cant find info on where to do it.

thks
Exnor, you are doing perfectly ...

As Beta 1.2 will never exists. Long term plan is going from Alpha5 through B1, B2 ... B1.1 was hotfix to B1. This next release is no hotfix.

So it is just a public mislabel. Nice that someone noticed Smile hah

Test / Experimental (or what's the name of the forum category and second sticky Bets2)
(18th Oct, 2013 01:39 AM)mk01 Wrote: [ -> ]Exnor, you are doing perfectly ...

As Beta 1.2 will never exists. Long term plan is going from Alpha5 through B1, B2 ... B1.1 was hotfix to B1. This next release is no hotfix.

So it is just a public mislabel. Nice that someone noticed Smile hah

Test / Experimental (or what's the name of the forum category and second sticky Bets2)

Thks Smile
(15th Oct, 2013 08:49 PM)mk01 Wrote: [ -> ]do a
Code:
sudo -i
cp -av /etc/init.d /etc/init.d.bck
rm /etc/init.d/mountall*
insserv -f
dpkg --configure initscripts

reboot

should help.

Hi,

I had the exact same problem, did what you posted above and it resolved the issue in question. It broke SSH being auto-started though, which I guess has to do with init.d being repopulated.

SSH works once I start it via System --> Settings --> Xbian on the TV, but is off again after the next reboot (enabling autostart in xbian-config via SSH or via XBMC changes nothing about it).
(18th Oct, 2013 09:29 AM)Darkguy Wrote: [ -> ]
(15th Oct, 2013 08:49 PM)mk01 Wrote: [ -> ]do a
Code:
sudo -i
rm /etc/init.d/mountall*
insserv -f
dpkg --configure initscripts

reboot

should help.

Hi,

I had the exact same problem, did what you posted above and it resolved the issue in question. It broke SSH being auto-started though, which I guess has to do with init.d being repopulated.

SSH works once I start it via System --> Settings --> Xbian on the TV, but is off again after the next reboot (enabling autostart in xbian-config via SSH or via XBMC changes nothing about it).

I was about to write the same thing...
Well i resolved by re-installing the OS from scratch this time... but i messed up other things on the OS so... it add to be TongueTongue
I guess upgrading to Beta2 resolves the issue (I re-installed B1.1. and at some random point SSH wouldn't auto-start, so I upgraded), but for those who don't want to live on the newest drop of blood of the bleeding edge, here's at least how to avoid the problem of running into the issue during apt-get upgrade in the first place - just delete mountall* from /etc/init.d BEFORE trying to upgrade:

Code:
sudo -i
rm /etc/init.d/mountall*
apt-get update
apt-get upgrade

If everything works fine AND you still can SSH into your xbian-installation/SSH still auto-starts AFTER a reboot, you can then remove the backup of /etc/init.d again:

Code:
rm -R /etc/init.d /etc/init.d.bck

HTH!
(19th Oct, 2013 11:36 PM)Darkguy Wrote: [ -> ]I guess upgrading to Beta2 resolves the issue (I re-installed B1.1. and at some random point SSH wouldn't auto-start, so I upgraded), but for those who don't want to live on the newest drop of blood of the bleeding edge, here's at least how to avoid the problem of running into the issue during apt-get upgrade in the first place - just delete mountall* from /etc/init.d BEFORE trying to upgrade:

Code:
sudo -i
rm /etc/init.d/mountall*
apt-get update
apt-get upgrade

If everything works fine AND you still can SSH into your xbian-installation/SSH still auto-starts AFTER a reboot, you can then remove the backup of /etc/init.d again:

Code:
rm -R /etc/init.d /etc/init.d.bck

HTH!

Hi,
i follow your instructions, but my ssh need to be started manually, every time after boot. how i can solve this issue?
I had a perfectly stable XBian 1.0 beta 1.1 running for as long as beta 1.1 was released. Came back from 3 wks holiday, (RPi was on all the time, downloading tv shows via flexget), I unplugged the USB NTFS harddrive (static mount to /media/usb) to copy my holiday photos using a Windows laptop and also a macbook. Now I plug it back in the RPi, run a Library Update since there are so many new episodes. One day later, I try to playback a non-720p episode, just hdtv x264 nothing special.

issue: screen freezes every 5-10 seconds, and it freezes for seconds.. sometimes it mentions "buffering". I never had this issue before with any RPi I installed. Before my holiday, this never happened. I also tried the bigger 720p episodes, same issue. There are no other services running. Flexget is just a task that runs 4 times between 0.00 and 9AM. Transmission is active but has no downloads. I checked CPU usage with TOP: only XBMC has CPU usage, 30-36%. (if I check CPU usage in XBMC it is 100%, is this normal?).

I tried rebooting (via XBMC and SSH) and even did a shutdown in XBMC and waited till only the red led was burning, disconnected power, reconnected. Same issue.

Below my log files.. advice is welcome. I have an ISO backup image.. with xbian and flexget installed but then I have to rescan my library.. not looking forward to that. Also I would prefer to figure out the cause.

dmesg log (filesystem error line 208)
xbmc log (line 356 = hit play, line 396 is renderer error)
(19th Oct, 2013 11:36 PM)Darkguy Wrote: [ -> ]I guess upgrading to Beta2 resolves the issue (I re-installed B1.1. and at some random point SSH wouldn't auto-start, so I upgraded), but for those who don't want to live on the newest drop of blood of the bleeding edge, here's at least how to avoid the problem of running into the issue during apt-get upgrade in the first place - just delete mountall* from /etc/init.d BEFORE trying to upgrade:

@Darkguy

thanks for the howto. you are right, beta2 is not affected with this Debian updates.

@all

I'm just installing Beta1 img and the updates to see it myself and find the conflict with the latest upstream updates. Maybe even will create small xbian-update deb (Beta1.2 hotfix) to solve this.
PS I also tested after disabling trakt addon, same issue no matter what kind of video I playback.
I created 1.2hotfix for Beta1.1 XBian installations which will fix the initscripts mountall problem. also ssh is starting correctly.

Prerequisite is xbian-update1.0-1.1 installed.

This 1.2 hotfix can be installed anytime (before the debians update, after, even after initscripts update will fail and upgrade process interrupted. If the last is the case, after install 1.2 hotfix just continue with upgrade "apt-get upgrade").

availability is there: http://xbian.brantje.com/devel/others/xbian-update1.0-1.2.deb
installation
Code:
sudo -i; cd /tmp; wget http://xbian.brantje.com/devel/others/xbian-update1.0-1.2.deb; dpkg -i xbian-update1.0-1.2.deb

I would like to push it to official repo, then the installation would be easier - through apt-get with other regular updates. If I get confirmed it solves the two issues, will post it to public APT.
Since my xbian was having issues already I tried your update.
I killed process xbmc, then installed update using above command. TV suddenly shows xbian logo and "updating". After 30min, still shows that. and my console:

Terminal

root@xbian:~# sudo -i; cd /tmp; wget http://xbian.brantje.com/devel/others/xbian-update1.0-1.2.deb; dpkg -i xbian-update1.0-1.2.deb
root@xbian:~#
root@xbian:~# exit
logout
--2013-10-31 14:35:30-- http://xbian.brantje.com/devel/others/xbian-update1.0-1.2.deb
Resolving xbian.brantje.com (xbian.brantje.com)... 188.142.48.93
Connecting to xbian.brantje.com (xbian.brantje.com)|188.142.48.93|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 4138 (4.0K) [application/octet-stream]
Saving to: `xbian-update1.0-1.2.deb.1'

100%[======================================>] 4,138 --.-K/s in 0s

2013-10-31 14:35:30 (30.4 MB/s) - `xbian-update1.0-1.2.deb.1' saved [4138/4138]

(Reading database ... 32811 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace xbian-update 1.0-1.1 (using xbian-update1.0-1.2.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement xbian-update ...
Setting up xbian-update (1.0-1.2) ...

must have done something wrong..
@zilexa,

this hotfix is just fixing the issues, it won't restart your RPI. it will just return to prompt. reboot manually then.

mk
Ah ok done!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Reference URL's