Forum

Full Version: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
@Fred: sudo stop/start xbmc worked! (sudo service start didn't start xbmc)
Now the database is loaded! Thanks.

Airplay now works, but I had to do a clean install.

My remote controller now works again as well, but every button I press is executed twice. Maybe I find I solution for it as well.
After updating xbian-package-firmware to the latest version my Pi cant start bcoz loader.bin not found. How to fix?
(27th Jun, 2013 04:37 PM)Lupurus Wrote: [ -> ]@Fred: sudo stop/start xbmc worked! (sudo service start didn't start xbmc)
Now the database is loaded! Thanks.

Airplay now works, but I had to do a clean install.

My remote controller now works again as well, but every button I press is executed twice. Maybe I find I solution for it as well.

Good to hear you are up and running. About the remote problem, can you try increasing the remotedelay?

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Advancedsettings.xml#.3Cremotedelay.3E

@xbmcnut: will look into this thanks for reporting.

@kraleksandr: did you do a clean install?
@Fred:
Nope.Only upgrade.
alpha4 -> alpha5 -> beta1
I would recommend a clean install then. Seems that upgrading does not work properly for everyone.
@Fred
No, beta1 works, but when I did an upgrade for xbian-package-firmware, it becomes broken.
After a fresh installation I m having the same problem like @dalim was saying yesterday:
1) no addon/channel icons appear, showing the default jigsaw puzzle icon

Any fix for it? it is terrible to be not able to see any icon for the add ons!
(27th Jun, 2013 09:59 PM)sasagr Wrote: [ -> ]After a fresh installation I m having the same problem like @dalim was saying yesterday:
1) no addon/channel icons appear, showing the default jigsaw puzzle icon

Any fix for it? it is terrible to be not able to see any icon for the add ons!

there is a fix,please read back
@sasagr: Yes there is a solution and you can find it in this thread.

@kraleksandr: That's no good, don't know how this can happen but will check if this is a package fail.
Edit: I have checked by upgrading it on a clean beta1 install, it does not show any problems. I also don't have a loader.bin file and that should be okay because it became obsolete a while ago. So it's a weird error. I also understand you can't do anything with your SD card right now (it does not boot?).

@xbmcnut: The screenshots failing is also because of the missing libtiff4 package. So please install that.
SD Card and USB key.

Quick question chaps.

Under Alpha5, I did the following to move most of the work off the SD card and onto a USB key I have in the Pi:
- dd if=/dev/mmcblk0p2 of=/dev/sda1
- edit boot/cmdline.txt and change root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 to root=/dev/sda1

I found this made the Xbian boot and reboot much faster and a lot more stable (had some issues with corruption with my constant rebooting whilst testing that have completely disappeared with this setup).

Trying to do this now using the beta:
- dd command all worked ok
- /boot/cmdline.txt couldnt be seen, but doing mount /boot and the files now appear.

but... (there's always a but Smile )

now i'm unsure what to change in the cmdline.txt file, there's no root= section?

Any ideas?

(PS this is a fresh install of beta on a 2nd Pi, my original Pi is running Alpha5 perfectly so would like to make sure this all works ok before upgrading my "production" pi Smile )

Thanks in advance.
@nsviper: Can you post your current cmdline.txt here, don't have access to it right now.
@Fred
When I plug in power source, Pi turns on Power led and flashes 3 times by ACT led. ANd I found somewhere that it happens bcoz loader.bin notfond.
(27th Jun, 2013 10:34 PM)Fred Wrote: [ -> ]@nsviper: Can you post your current cmdline.txt here, don't have access to it right now.

Here you go boss:

sdhci-bcm2708.sync_after_dma=0 dwc_otg.lpm_enable=0 console=tty1 root=LABEL=xbian-root-btrfs rootfsopts=subvol=root/@,noatime,compress=lso,thread_pool=1,space_cache,autodefrag rootfstype=btrfs rootwait=10 smsc95xx.turbo_mode=N elevator=noop nohdparm splash logo.nologo quiet loglevel=0 noswap mod_scsi.scan=async
(27th Jun, 2013 10:35 PM)kraleksandr Wrote: [ -> ]@Fred
When I plug in power source, Pi turns on Power led and flashes 3 times by ACT led. ANd I found somewhere that it happens bcoz loader.bin notfond.

that was on old FW till October 2012.
with new FW it means you have start.elf missing or corrupted
Textures
For the people having problems with textures. Please try:
Terminal

sudo apt-get install libtiff4

Worked for me! Thanks.

I can wait for the other two issues i reported, they are low priority.

Most important of all, with Xbian my TV no longer powers up automatically in the middle of the night!. Perfect!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Reference URL's