Forum

Full Version: Boblight + Xbian WIN [TUTORIAL]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I read the developers thread, just wanted to verify the CPU usage.

I could definitely see myself writing an app that would use this setup to mirror my phones notification LEDs.
I would like to indicate an error.
Problem: The LED random flashing. Static state is unstable in light. Random flashes white color. Movie playback also flashing.

- 5m lpd8806 strip
- direct connect RPI

The problem is present first Xbian and OpenELEC OS system (Both clean installation). Raspbmc OS does not flashing, this good work.

I think that the LED flashes when the SD card is read by the operating system (another device use SPI?). I thought this Xbian fault, but OpenELEC system is at issue.

Possibly the problem levelshifting (SPI CLK and MOSI)? But it works Raspbmc system.

The error is in the Hyperion or the OS?
(8th Mar, 2014 04:37 PM)matt795 Wrote: [ -> ]I would like to indicate an error.
Problem: The LED random flashing. Static state is unstable in light. Random flashes white color. Movie playback also flashing.

- 5m lpd8806 strip
- direct connect RPI

The problem is present first Xbian and OpenELEC OS system (Both clean installation). Raspbmc OS does not flashing, this good work.

I think that the LED flashes when the SD card is read by the operating system (another device use SPI?). I thought this Xbian fault, but OpenELEC system is at issue.

Possibly the problem levelshifting (SPI CLK and MOSI)? But it works Raspbmc system.

What is the kernel revision of Raspbmc?

- 5m lpd8806 strip
- direct connect RPI

hi, I have this exact same problem, did you manage to solve it?

I have ws2801 LED strip, and mine also works perfectly with raspbmc, but xbian it has random flashes, does anyone know a fix?

thanks
Newest setup is Ws2812b leds driven directly from the pi 114 leds total based off Hyperion

I will detail setup soon apologize for the silence
(11th Aug, 2014 09:28 PM)kavil Wrote: [ -> ]

- 5m lpd8806 strip
- direct connect RPI

hi, I have this exact same problem, did you manage to solve it?

I have ws2801 LED strip, and mine also works perfectly with raspbmc, but xbian it has random flashes, does anyone know a fix?

thanks

I have same problem. interrupts works not correct in the kernel.
More in this thread and in prelast post
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's