Forum

Full Version: cannot install python-pycurl and other packages
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I am trying to instal PyLoad. I do not know what I am doing wrong, but I can't install several packages and repositories seem not working.
Software
XBian version: 1.0 (Knockout) Kernel 4.4.12+
XBMC/Kodi version: 16.1
Overclock settings: None

Hardware
Device type and model: RPI 2

What I done: http://pastebin.com/mkJCrZu4.

Any thoughts? Could I have damaged my package database (but update normally works)?
You haven't explained what you are trying to do, or achieve but from the error messages, you are trying to do something that is not possible.

Nothing has been damaged, it's just saying that python-pycurl requires a different release of libcurl3-gnutls, whereas spidermonkey.bin has not been found in the normal paths (Is it available for Jessie?)

A quick look around, seems to suggest a lot more work is required to install spidermonkey on the Rpi - let alone XBian.
You have at least 2 problems:

1) The libcurl problem can be solved, look here

2) spidermonkey is not longer available at Jessie. Maybe you can solve this by using the package from Wheezy (I'm still having pyLoad installed on my Jessie based homeserver, but do not use it anymore). You can download package from here
Ok. Thank you for reply. I have always thought that software in the repository has to be installable.

It seems to me that this process could break anytime again. Is there supported download manager with capabilites of PyLoad?
Software in the repositories CAN be installed but each dependancy has to be reliant on many sub dependancies. As XBian is at the "Bleeding edge" there will always be issues.

However, dependancies can be overridden, but this is not advised as any number of other issues can occur, and is not recommended.

As requested before, you haven't explained what exactly you are trying to achieve.

There are supported download mangers in XBian but without knowing what PyLoad achieves over transmission, it's difficult to answer.
(10th Jun, 2016 05:02 AM)knezi Wrote: [ -> ]Ok. Thank you for reply. I have always thought that software in the repository has to be installable.

Which repository do you mean?

Quote:It seems to me that this process could break anytime again. Is there supported download manager with capabilites of PyLoad?

Yeah, that is good question. pyLoad seems for me to be a zombie, I'm using JDownloader now, but installing is a little bit tricky and requires a lot of resources (java application)
(10th Jun, 2016 06:05 AM)Nachteule Wrote: [ -> ]Which repository do you mean?
No particular. i have thought that repositories are based on this.

Transmission is torrent client. What I need is download manager that can download from servers, has web interface (or at least is it possible to control it over network) and can handle captcha codes (not recognition, but ask the user to fill it). Ideally does not require a lot of resources Smile.
Reference URL's