Forum

Full Version: Boot XBian from USB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
Could you post the "noob"-version of how to download/install that on my Pi?
@Smultie

you mean

Code:
cd /usr/sbin
sudo -s
rm btrfs-auto-snapshot
wget https://raw.github.com/xbianonpi/xbian-package-config-shell/master/content/usr/sbin/btrfs-auto-snapshot
chmod +x btrfs-auto-snapshot
echo "YOU ARE DONE"; exit

but how IriDium posted it is the only way "correct". because will manage also other aspect as dependencies etc.
so this wget is fine just for this one case!
You improved your Zip-alghoritm!!
Now, instead of 20bytes it creates no file at all Smile

─[Config > Backup /home to file]────────────┐
│ │
│ Backup /home process failed! │
│ │
├─────────────────────────────────────────────────────┤
│ <Close>

P.s. btrfs-auto-snapshot went from 27kb to 183kb in size, is that correct?
@Smultie

to be honest as non-liker of GUI interfaces I just tested
Code:
btrfs-auto-snapshot backuphome

but you are right, there is probably more to do.

hmm, for me it is currently in progress and file is growing... currently 100mb. should be 300m. lets see.
(5th Feb, 2014 11:04 PM)mk01 Wrote: [ -> ]@Smultie

to be honest as non-liker of GUI interfaces I just tested
Code:
btrfs-auto-snapshot backuphome

but you are right, there is probably more to do.

hmm, for me it is currently in progress and file is growing... currently 100mb. should be 300m. lets see.

I'll just wait, but what about the filesize: btrfs-auto-snapshot went from 27kb to 183kb

HHm, apparantly it created a folder named /xbmc/backup instead of it's normal place. That might help you backtrack the problem?
it finished, prepares file, but returns failed and xbian-config informs you and removes file.

will update.
Over here:

root@xbian:/usr/sbin# btrfs-auto-snapshot backuphome
Create a readonly snapshot of '/tmp/tmp.gbuwOcjNbD/@' in '/tmp/tmp.gbuwOcjNbD/@ro'
At subvol /tmp/tmp.gbuwOcjNbD/@ro
ERROR: open home/@ro failed. No such file or directory
Delete subvolume '/tmp/tmp.gbuwOcjNbD/@ro'
FSSync '/tmp/tmp.gbuwOcjNbD'

and with your updated file:

root@xbian:/usr/sbin# btrfs-auto-snapshot backuphome
/usr/sbin/btrfs-auto-snapshot: line 6: syntax error near unexpected token `newline'
/usr/sbin/btrfs-auto-snapshot: line 6: `<!DOCTYPE html>'
DONE
(5th Feb, 2014 11:54 PM)mk01 Wrote: [ -> ]DONE

If you just tell me the noob-friendly way to check it, I'm more than willing Wink
(5th Feb, 2014 11:23 PM)Smultie Wrote: [ -> ]root@xbian:/usr/sbin# btrfs-auto-snapshot backuphome
/usr/sbin/btrfs-auto-snapshot: line 6: syntax error near unexpected token `newline'
/usr/sbin/btrfs-auto-snapshot: line 6: `<!DOCTYPE html>'

you downloaded the webpage generated look, .html. not the raw file.
(but it happened because I posted wrong link. it must be raw.github.com)
((corrected previous post))

It is still the same as when you asked for PM, then for previous fix today and again now.

If I would update more files, or the procedure would change, I would tell you. Don't be affraid.
Okay, kinda figured that out by myself. It's currently running.
Just a small noob-question: When I download a file from raw.github it most of the times gets saved as a .1 or .2 extended file.
How to deal with those?

mv oldfile oldfile.old
mv oldfile.1 oldfile

?
@Smultie,

you see? that;s why don't should be putting any "hacks" on the forum Smile

old file should be removed before new is downloaded, otherwise wget is renaming - so yes, your "mv" commands are pefect. updated (again) previous post with wgettting the file.

so again: the right way in easiest way simply to update / install the package.
I don't see a modification in http://forum.xbian.org/thread-427-post-20653.html#pid20653
Is that the post you meant?
because you are clicking refresh faster than myself editing text, committing, pushing git, updating apt repository and regenerating indexes.

you have to forgive me for this Wink
(6th Feb, 2014 12:19 AM)mk01 Wrote: [ -> ]because you are clicking refresh faster than myself editing text, committing, pushing git, updating apt repository and regenerating indexes.

you have to forgive me for this Wink

I'm sorry Sad
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
Reference URL's