Forum
Official CuBox-i XBian 1.0 Beta 2 thread - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: CuBox-i / Hummingboard (/forum-66.html)
+--- Forum: Test builds (/forum-71.html)
+--- Thread: Official CuBox-i XBian 1.0 Beta 2 thread (/thread-2100.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: Official CuBox-i XBian 1.0 Beta 2 thread - IriDium - 17th Dec, 2014 09:44 PM

Ok, using the base 20141204 image.

1) ssh xbian-config update mirrors - errors with something about /xbian/packages line 56. Too fast to see
2) apt-get update errors: W: Failed to fetch http://ivka57.dyndns-ip.com/imx6-jessie/dists/devel/main/binary-armhf/Packages 404 Not Found
/etc/apt/sources.list.d/xbian.list shows

3) XBMC xbian-config - labels show as "xbian-config.common.clicktoload"

4) dmesg shows continuous:
Terminal
[ 2854.970474] function : hdmi_cec_read
[ 2854.970665] function : hdmi_cec_write
[ 2854.999794] function : mxc_hdmi_cec_isr
[ 2855.019336] function : mxc_hdmi_cec_worker
[ 2855.019375] function : mxc_hdmi_cec_worker nonzero
[ 2855.019384] function : mxc_hdmi_cec_msg
[ 2855.019422] function : mxc_hdmi_cec_msg write_busy: 0
[ 2855.019434] function : mxc_hdmi_cec_worker enabling irq
[ 2855.019455] function : hdmi_cec_read
[ 2855.019466] function : mxc_hdmi_cec_worker exit

5) XBMC xbian-config backup to /home only produces a 1k file. Guess this is the same with ssh xbian-config

Apart from that it seems pretty stable.

RE: Official CuBox-i XBian 1.0 Beta 2 thread - mk01 - 17th Dec, 2014 10:45 PM

4) is DEBUG logging for reference can be disabled online if considered AS such big problem

all others - IMG was created when APT was down. standard (or overnight auto) run would clear those residues including xbian-package-repo upgrade (even from this address). once finished all would be apt.xbian.org again.

RE: Official CuBox-i XBian 1.0 Beta 2 thread - IriDium - 17th Dec, 2014 11:30 PM

4) How can I disable DUBUGGING?
It is a bit of a problem as it hides any other messages in dmesg.

The 20141205 image doesn't start - just "Starting xbmc", drops down to shell and then attempts to restart.

RE: Official CuBox-i XBian 1.0 Beta 2 thread - mk01 - 17th Dec, 2014 11:54 PM

(17th Dec, 2014 11:30 PM)IriDium Wrote:  4) How can I disable DUBUGGING?
It is a bit of a problem as it hides any other messages in dmesg.

The 20141205 image doesn't start - just "Starting xbmc", drops down to shell and then attempts to restart.

I tested in between by installing -nightly package. it was just a 'kodi target link' issue, was for xbmc. fixes for those were sent yesterday. ...

will wait 1d and regenerate imgs again if no reports.

dynamic debug:

there is file "/sys/kernel/debug/dynamic_debug/control"

it provides list of all kernel source files where it is possible to set debugging output dynamically.
what you copied is mostly mxc_hdmi.c

so doing:

echo "file drivers/video/mxc/mxc_hdmi-cec.c -pft" > /sys/kernel/debug/dynamic_debug/control

should disable debug output for that source

RE: Official CuBox-i XBian 1.0 Beta 2 thread - IriDium - 18th Dec, 2014 12:41 AM

OK, got the update working by changing /etc/apt/sources.list.d/xbian.list to:

Terminal
deb http://apt.xbian.org stable main
deb http://apt.xbian.org stable imx6-jessie

Upgrade went OK, Xbian restarted OK.

ssh xbian-config backup works now, so I guess XBMC version works as well.

There seem to be a few issues with the Confluence for Xbian skin, which are not present in Confluence, but as that is what I use I'm not bothered.

No real issues noted.

RE: Official CuBox-i XBian 1.0 Beta 2 thread - xraxor - 18th Dec, 2014 04:16 AM

i have updated till latest with apt-get and CEC seems to be completely broken.

RE: Official CuBox-i XBian 1.0 Beta 2 thread - mk01 - 18th Dec, 2014 04:38 AM

@xraxor

what is the indication, steps to reproduce, what is package... tell ANYTHING more than

"is/latest/have/and/completely" Smile

(18th Dec, 2014 12:41 AM)IriDium Wrote:  There seem to be a few issues with the Confluence for Xbian skin, which are not present in Confluence, but as that is what I use I'm not bothered.

No real issues noted.

I would be happy if xraxor could spend some time with us again... one half-skin-developer spending 10h / month on something is always more than 0.

but last time he was reporting he is quite busy and never heard of him again.

RE: Official CuBox-i XBian 1.0 Beta 2 thread - zilexa - 18th Dec, 2014 05:53 AM

Before my Cubox-i died, CEC worked fine after the first reboot. So it did need a reboot before CEC worked. Worked fine with my old Toshiba tv.

edit: forgot to mention: UPNP did not work for me (with the 4-dec image).

RE: Official CuBox-i XBian 1.0 Beta 2 thread - IriDium - 18th Dec, 2014 08:48 PM

Now fully upgraded. No issues with CEC - TV and AVR switch on/off as expected.

To get to this state I had to:

1) Change xbian.list as described above.
2) Upgraded via command line - xbian-config didn't seem to work. (About 60 packages)
3) After reboot used ssh xbian-config to update mirrors, the update and upgrade. (About 12 packages) - this sets stable, staging and devel as active.
4) After reboot used ssh xbian-config to update and upgrade. (About 5 packages).

All worked as expected.

RE: Official CuBox-i XBian 1.0 Beta 2 thread - CurlyMo - 18th Dec, 2014 09:00 PM

Thanks for reporting Smile

RE: Official CuBox-i XBian 1.0 Beta 2 thread - IriDium - 19th Dec, 2014 02:11 AM

@mk01
Fix:
echo "file drivers/video/mxc/mxc_hdmi-cec.c -pft" > /sys/kernel/debug/dynamic_debug/control

Didn't seem to work as I still get dmesg full of those messages.

RE: Official CuBox-i XBian 1.0 Beta 2 thread - zilexa - 22nd Dec, 2014 09:41 PM

Perhaps the title of this topic could be renamed to a more general title "Official CuBox-i XBian thread" or RC3?
I will receive my new Cubox-i today, can't wait to test again!

RE: Official CuBox-i XBian 1.0 Beta 2 thread - IriDium - 23rd Dec, 2014 05:20 AM

(22nd Dec, 2014 09:41 PM)zilexa Wrote:  Perhaps the title of this topic could be renamed to a more general title "Official CuBox-i XBian thread" or RC3?
I will receive my new Cubox-i today, can't wait to test again!

Tis already there: http://forum.xbian.org/thread-2607.html

We want to keep releases separate as problems are usually release dependant.

RE: Official CuBox-i XBian 1.0 Beta 2 thread - zilexa - 28th Dec, 2014 12:35 AM

I cannot get the 4dec image working on my brand new Cubox-i 4pro. This image is turning out in a real annoying image for me.

1. image on SD
2. connect cubox to power
3. SSH, exit xbian-config and follow the steps of what is in the FAQ TODAY(!):
Quote:[All Platforms] The APT repository at xbian.brantje.com seems to be unreachable

To fix the problem, you need to manually replace the APT repository.

1. Open a SSH connection to your XBian machine like this except the default login and password is xbian and raspberry.
2. Then run the following command. When you are asked for a password, enter raspberry again.

sudo -s
echo "deb mirror://apt.xbian.org/mirror.txt stable main" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/xbian.list

3. Then run these command:

apt-get update; apt-get install --reinstall xbian-package-repo; apt-get update

and you’re done correcting the APT repository list. After this finishes you can again use any of the usual ways to update your XBian installation.

4. do a reboot (my choice)
5. via xbian-config, go to update and run the first 3 commands. Now I get this error:

How come it works for some folks but not for me? We all have the same hardware. Only thing I can think of is that changes are being made server side without testing them?

RE: Official CuBox-i XBian 1.0 Beta 2 thread - CurlyMo - 28th Dec, 2014 12:44 AM

Can you post the full output of:
Code:
apt-get update
apt-get upgrade