Forum
Official XBian RPi 2 Quad core. - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Releases (/forum-48.html)
+--- Thread: Official XBian RPi 2 Quad core. (/thread-2733.html)

Pages: 1 2

Official XBian RPi 2 Quad core. - IriDium - 13th Feb, 2015 06:11 PM

Please use this thread for all issues relating to Xbian on a RPi 2 quad core.

**** IMPORTANT ****
Before you post an issue make sure your power supply is at LEAST 1 amp preferably 2 amp.
A lot of problems are associated with low power. Especially if you see a rainbow coloured square
in the top right corner.

Known threads:
Keyboard: Keyboard
Network: Network
General: General

For other releases:
RPi B+ Model B+
Xbian RC 1 Xbian RC 1
Beta 2 Beta 2
Beta 1.1 Beta 1.1
Alpha 5 Alpha 5
Alpha 4 Alpha 4
Earlier releases - No longer supported.
Raspbian/Xbian RaspXbian
Xbian 1 Gotham testing Gotham
Booting from USB or NAS USB booting
Cubox-i Cubox-i

RE: Official XBian RPi 2 Quad core. - Vader - 16th Feb, 2015 08:05 PM

Hi guys!
I have some TvHeadend related problem. I installed xbian on my RPi 2 from scratch, upgraded to latest build (20150210-4) and installed xbian-package-tvheadend from the repo. After that I copied my .hts/* config from installation on my old RPi (Model B). Everything worked fine until I restarted the new RPi 2. TvHeadend service went up (correct user xbian is set on .hts) but my TV adapter is not found by TvHEadend so I can't watch channels. When manually restarting the service the TV Adapter is shown in TvHeadend GUI and everything works as expected until the next xbian restart. Is there some problem in the service script?

RE: Official XBian RPi 2 Quad core. - mansp - 17th Feb, 2015 04:00 AM

Hi,

I installed xbian today on my newly arrived RPi2. And everything is super fast!
However, I have some issues with the hdmi/cec protocol (I think).

My Pi is connected to the TV using hdmi on hdmi channel 2, and nothing is connected to the other hdmi port. When I try to use xbian my TV will switch from hdmi2 to hdmi1 (and says something about "playing from HDD"). This happens whenever I start using kodi by pressing keys on the wireless keyboard, ie. when the cec tries to set the xbmc channel to active. It seems to me that the cec protocol might be incompatible with my TV or that xbmc sends the wrong hdmi index or information. (I don't really know how this works unfortunately..) I can however see xbmc but when I press a key the TV imediately switches to the other hdmi port.

I tried disabling cec, overscan, ignor init etc. everything that had to do with cec and tried to force hdmi. But the only result was that the screen went completely black.

The TV is an LG450 something, about 5-6 years old, I have previously been running xbian RC2 on a RPi B with the same TV, same hdmi port and cable, and same external hardware. And have had none of the problems that I now have.

The raspberry pi is the only thing connected to the TV.

Any suggestions?

Software
XBian version: 20150214 (tried updating and without update)
XBMC/Kodi version: 14.2 beta
Overclock settings: none

Hardware
Raspberry Pi 2 B
Power supply rating: 5V 2A
SD card size and make/type: 8 GB
Network (Ethernet or wireless): ethernet
Connected devices (TV, USB, network storage, ...): usb keyboard

Log File

RE: Official XBian RPi 2 Quad core. - f1vefour - 17th Feb, 2015 03:43 PM

Could you try without any USB hardware attached?

RE: Official XBian RPi 2 Quad core. - mansp - 17th Feb, 2015 08:16 PM

(17th Feb, 2015 03:43 PM)f1vefour Wrote:  Could you try without any USB hardware attached?

I tested that as well this morning, but no change.
However, last night it worked for a while after an update and everything seemed ok, with usb wireless keyboard plugged in. But after I rebooted when I tried to connect HDD(through hub) it went back to the old behaviour. I should perhaps add that when the TV switches I only have 640x480 res, as can be seen in the log file.

I have also tried with both a 5 V 2A hub which has a dedicated usb port for the pi (power wise)
and a samsung 5V 2A charger. unfortunately I dont have any PSUs with higher rating.Undecided

Update:
I fiddled around a bit and tried to see which supported resolutions there were and stopped and started xbmc once, and boom, now everything looks as it should except that the resolution was wrong when I started. But at least I could change it.

And I should perhaps say that I sometimes see the rainbow box. But I thought that 2A should be sufficient?

Here is the log file for the working case: Log file working case

/Måns

RE: Official XBian RPi 2 Quad core. - rikardo1979 - 18th Feb, 2015 04:05 AM

(17th Feb, 2015 08:16 PM)mansp Wrote:  
(17th Feb, 2015 03:43 PM)f1vefour Wrote:  Could you try without any USB hardware attached?

And I should perhaps say that I sometimes see the rainbow box. But I thought that 2A should be sufficient?

Here is the log file for the working case: Log file working case

/Måns

depends on how good/stable your PSU really is. I have one which is 2.4A and the new RPi2 showing undervolt square indicator where my old solid 2.1A is just fine.
So if you have something written on any device, doesnt always means its true these days

RE: Official XBian RPi 2 Quad core. - mansp - 18th Feb, 2015 07:17 AM

Quote:depends on how good/stable your PSU really is. I have one which is 2.4A and the new RPi2 showing undervolt square indicator where my old solid 2.1A is just fine.
So if you have something written on any device, doesnt always means its true these days

Yeah, I guess. I did however measure the voltage on the chip while playing a movie and it was around 4.97 V. I read somewhere that it should be between 4.8 and 5.1 V to work properly, but maybe the indicator shines when it's below 5? Unfortunately I dont have an oscilloscope so I cannot make continuous measurements, so it might drop below occasionally.

Funny thing is that I tried switching places for the hdmi and I can get it to work, even though xbian sometimes boots with the wrong resolution.

But I will have to get a better PSU and try and se if that solves it.

M

RE: Official XBian RPi 2 Quad core. - Fabio72 - 18th Feb, 2015 07:15 PM

How can I upgrade from a model B to PI 2?
Is it only matter of moving the SD card from the first to the last?

RE: Official XBian RPi 2 Quad core. - Exnor - 19th Feb, 2015 01:23 AM

(18th Feb, 2015 07:17 AM)mansp Wrote:  
Quote:depends on how good/stable your PSU really is. I have one which is 2.4A and the new RPi2 showing undervolt square indicator where my old solid 2.1A is just fine.

Yeah, I guess. I did however measure the voltage on the chip while playing a movie and it was around 4.97 V. I read somewhere that it should be between 4.8 and 5.1 V to work properly, but maybe the indicator shines when it's below 5? Unfortunately I dont have an oscilloscope so I cannot make continuous measurements, so it might drop below occasionally.

Funny thing is that I tried switching places for the hdmi and I can get it to work, even though xbian sometimes boots with the wrong resolution.

But I will have to get a better PSU and try and se if that solves it.

M

Is this data sheet usefull for you?

RE: Official XBian RPi 2 Quad core. - mansp - 19th Feb, 2015 08:34 AM

(19th Feb, 2015 01:23 AM)Exnor Wrote:  Is this data sheet usefull for you?

Not really since I already did find out how to measure incoming voltage to the pi from This thread on raspberrypi.org forums. Besides that is the old chip right? The new is bcm2836.

I did pick up a new micro usb cable today that was shorter, an old sony cable. It was perhaps half of the length of the old one that I have been using, and now the rainbow square is gone. So I guess that the cable was the weak link here. I am however stuck with my original problem, that the TV switches to the other hdmi source unless I plug the cable in that port.

Pi TV port
hdmi ---> hdmi2 (TV switches source to hdmi1)
hdmi ---> hdmi1 (TV stays put and I can use kodi)

Not that urgent since I can work with this, but it seems something is still off.

M

RE: Official XBian RPi 2 Quad core. - IriDium - 20th Feb, 2015 03:23 AM

19/2/15 Just upgraded without issues but alas Kodi xbmc-config still fails. Is a fix in staging?

RE: Official XBian RPi 2 Quad core. - Arjan Haverkamp - 21st Feb, 2015 04:48 AM

I've got a Raspberry Pi 2, and installed Xbian without issue: everything runs fine and much faster than with the B.
I just can't get Youtube (Youtube add-on 5.0.6 by bromix) to work. I can sign in and browse videos just fine, but as soon as I play a video, nothing happens.
After a while the message "One or more items failed to play. Check the log for details" appears.
Here is my log file: http://pastebin.com/DDCfsTxq
Xbian 1.0 (knockout) (kernel: Linux 3.18.7+)

Am I the only one with Youtube issues on the Raspberry 2? What can I try to fix this?

RE: Official XBian RPi 2 Quad core. - rikardo1979 - 21st Feb, 2015 04:58 AM

(21st Feb, 2015 04:48 AM)Arjan Haverkamp Wrote:  I've got a Raspberry Pi 2, and installed Xbian without issue: everything runs fine and much faster than with the B.
I just can't get Youtube to work. I can sign in and browse videos just fine, but as soon as I play a video, nothing happens.
After a while the message "One or more items failed to play. Check the log for details" appears.
Here is my log file: http://pastebin.com/DDCfsTxq
Xbian 1.0 (knockout) (kernel: Linux 3.18.7+)

Am I the only one with Youtube issues on the Raspberry 2? What can I try to fix this?

please read http://forum.xbian.org/thread-2760-post-27376.html#pid27376

RE: Official XBian RPi 2 Quad core. - pit79 - 30th Mar, 2015 01:31 AM

Hi Guys,
Quick question is buying RPi 2 worth it ? How much faster compared to RPi 1 ? Any other issues except power supply ?

RE: Official XBian RPi 2 Quad core. - f1vefour - 30th Mar, 2015 02:38 AM

It's a worthy upgrade, streams start much faster..the UI is more fluid even with heavier skins, library scans are much quicker.