Forum

Full Version: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Feel free to share your findings of XBian 1.0 Beta 1 here Smile

Update pulled back, please report all issues here https://github.com/xbianonpi/xbian/issues?state=open (start the issue name wit [BETA1]), Thanks
When using the NAVI-X in XBian 1.0 Beta 1, the white background [from the images] has make the words unreadable, and the scroll bar was 'hiding', the scroll bar was indeed there, one just has to visualize it.
So far seems to be ok, 3D auto switching of resolution still doesn't work though but not sure if any work has gone into this.

On bootup the loadaverage seemed pretty high and the gui was sluggish but not sure if this was just a side effect of all the post install stuff taking place. Will get a better chance to put through its paces tomorrow.
So, if I want use btrfs, I have to do fresh install?
Anyone else missing icons from the Ad-ons? When I go to install Add-ons in settings, none of the add-ons show their developers icon; they're all the default 'puzzle' icon. They install OK but if you place these icons on the homepage under videos, music, programs etc. they are transparent and do not show. Even the Xbian config icon is transparent.

I've installed and configured over one hundred 1.05a instances (without issue) and this was a clean build onto a 4GB Class 10 card today.
Conflicts: console-tools but 1:0.2.3dbs-70 is to be installed
Conflicts: sysvinit but 2.88dsf-41 is to be installed
E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a solution).

Sad
@kraleksandr
No, as far as I know your filesystem should be converted with the first startup.

@xbmcnut
We never had this issue while testing the Beta1. But it seems XBMC related, but with no real solution, sorry:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=136397

@Smultie
Is your current installation a 1.0 Alpha5?
(25th Jun, 2013 03:17 PM)namtih Wrote: [ -> ]@Smultie
Is your current installation a 1.0 Alpha5?

Not anymore, since I just updated via the installer Wink
It was however though. And that was the error I was receiving. Even after rebooten and trying to upgrade again.
After the update when I try to use ssh, i get this

Code:
xbian@xbian ~ $ ssh localhost
PRNG is not seeded
But it's just a warning, isn't it?
Can you login and do all ssh stuff? Did you try a complete reboot?

Seems to be an issue with the new urandom component. Perhaps a developer can say more about it:
http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=11107
Looks good so far, but :-)

1) libmad.so.0 not installed with fresh install. (Already on Github)
2) ERROR: Unable to load /usr/local/lib/xbmc/system/ImageLib-arm.so, reason: libtiff.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
3) Error Clear:Block plugin.xbianconfig (Already on Github)
4) Xbian-config within XBMC - Trying to update to xbian-update to 1.0-1 errors package not found in repository
5) Xbian-config within XBMC - Update all packages (11 of them) - say's updated successfully, but when I go back and check again with xbian-config, they are all still there (even after a reboot).
6) No icons on weather screen or when weather set for the main panel. Maybe related to xmbcnuts problem.
7) Video add-ons ITV, iplayer (BBC) 4oD and Demand5 do not work - various errors.
iPlayer fixed http://forum.xbian.org/thread-1049.html
4oD broken - awaiting fix from developer. No time line
ITV seems to be working now since updates
Demand 5 seems to be working now since updates
(25th Jun, 2013 03:17 PM)namtih Wrote: [ -> ]@xbmcnut
We never had this issue while testing the Beta1. But it seems XBMC related, but with no real solution, sorry:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=136397

Installed a card with 1.0.5a in my Pi, all icons appear. Can browse add-ons, everything has an icon. Pop 1.1 Beta back in, no icons. Will try the 'texture.db' trick when I'm back in the office tomorrow. Anyone want some screenies?
Hi,
When i upgrade from alpha 5 I have this error on update firmware :

Extracting templates from packages: 100%
Preconfiguring packages ...
Setting up xbian-package-firmware (1.4) ...
dpkg: error processing xbian-package-firmware (--configure):
subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1
Errors were encountered while processing:
xbian-package-firmware
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

Xbmc is stopped, do you have any idea?
Thank you.
Don't know if it's related,
but be sure to have enough free space on sd card before upgrading,
converting to btrfs will need some free space,
also clean your home directory before upgrading, otherwise, everything in home will be in the snapshot, and you couldn't delete it after (not in an easy way).
Yes i have enought space, i add exit 0 in /var/lib/dpkg/info/xbian-package-firmware.postinst, it's working until get another error in xbian-package-initframs.
Now when i continue the upgrade I have this error :

E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a solution).

When i try apt-get -f install I have this error :

E: This installation run will require temporarily removing the essential package xbian-package-config-shell:armhf due to a Conflicts/Pre-Depends loop. This is often bad, but if you really want to do it, activate the APT::Force-LoopBreak option.
E: Reverse conflicts early remove for package 'dialog:armhf' failed

Thank you.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Reference URL's