Forum

Full Version: Official XBian 1.0 RC 1 thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
After applying some of the latest updates over which appeared over the weekend I get a script failed message in services.py after booting. The log shows the following :-

Code:
ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'module' object has no attribute 'ISO_639_1'
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/usr/local/share/xbmc/addons/plugin.xbianconfig/services.py", line 11, in <module>
                                                from services.firstrun import firstrun
                                              File "/usr/local/share/xbmc/addons/plugin.xbianconfig/services/firstrun.py", line 5, in <module>
                                                from resources.lib.utils import *
                                              File "/usr/local/share/xbmc/addons/plugin.xbianconfig/resources/lib/utils.py", line 11, in <module>
                                                import resources.lib.translation
                                              File "/usr/local/share/xbmc/addons/plugin.xbianconfig/resources/lib/translation.py", line 19, in <module>
                                                print xbmc.getLanguage(xbmc.ISO_639_1)
                                            AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'ISO_639_1'
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
(22nd Apr, 2014 02:11 AM)badmonkey Wrote: [ -> ]After applying some of the latest updates over which appeared over the weekend I get a script failed message in services.py after booting. The log shows the following :-

Code:
ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'module' object has no attribute 'ISO_639_1'
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/usr/local/share/xbmc/addons/plugin.xbianconfig/services.py", line 11, in <module>
                                                from services.firstrun import firstrun
                                              File "/usr/local/share/xbmc/addons/plugin.xbianconfig/services/firstrun.py", line 5, in <module>
                                                from resources.lib.utils import *
                                              File "/usr/local/share/xbmc/addons/plugin.xbianconfig/resources/lib/utils.py", line 11, in <module>
                                                import resources.lib.translation
                                              File "/usr/local/share/xbmc/addons/plugin.xbianconfig/resources/lib/translation.py", line 19, in <module>
                                                print xbmc.getLanguage(xbmc.ISO_639_1)
                                            AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'ISO_639_1'
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

Was about to post the same.

Updated my 2 Pi's yesterday and i have the exact same problem... XBMC boots and i got the same msg, plus Xbian config on XBMC returns script error.

Where is the Log (in the OS) so i can post it here?

Thks.
After performing an update this weekend my xbian slows down on boot from NFS:

some dmesg output:
Code:
[   12.446414] VFS: Mounted root (nfs filesystem) on device 0:13.
[   12.447066] devtmpfs: mounted
[   12.447560] Freeing unused kernel memory: 132K (c0551000 - c0572000)
[   96.399383] vchiq: vchiq_init_state: slot_zero = 0xd0884000, is_master = 0
[   96.405400] bcm2835-cpufreq: switching to governor powersave
[   96.405428] bcm2835-cpufreq: switching to governor powersave
[   96.414742] bcm2835-cpufreq: switching to governor performance
[   96.414778] bcm2835-cpufreq: switching to governor performance

Any help would be grateful.
Since there is no RC2 thread yet I am posting this here; all these issues popped up after I upgraded to RC2:

1. When XBMC first loads it runs for a few minutes, then crashes/quits; it doesn't throw me to a login prompt though but shows me the basic bootlog (I see conformations of variopus built-in and andd-on services, such as Transmission being started); restarting XBMC via SSH (sudo start xbmc) works fine and it runs stable after that; I don't have the debug log here right now (can post it later tonight) but there seems to be some sort of error/crash involving Python that causes this behavior
  2. I also get the error reported above (script failed message in services.py) shortly after XBMC loads
  3. xbian-config in XBMC doesn't work at all right now, xbian-config on the shell works fine

To me, all three issues seem to be connected to Python in some way; maybe it runs even deeper and is connected to the newer Python packages that originally would not install right via apt-get upgrade and required some fixes on the shell-level as documented in the Wiki?
For the python (service.py and xbian-config),

when i saw log, seems the line 19 from translation.py is not good, but it's just a print.
mk add it, but not on github, and now, i've not a functionnal pi to check.

try to just comment the line 19 from translation.py (add a # at the beginning of the line)
@belese - Commenting out line 19 (#print xbmc.getLanguage(xbmc.ISO_639_1)) worked for me.

Now it works but xbian-config-extra.name has bad title and does not even work!!
ok, for extra.name, i've to check the po file,
normally i've internet in less than 2 week at my new home,
and will recheck everything at that time

but for usb automounting, no idea.
i just got back from holiday and haven't had a chance to test anything yet, but let me know what you want me to try and i will check it with my spare pi
Since the latest upgrades (April 14) I've noticed on occasions that when the screensaver kicks in (Dim in confluence) I can see the Xbian logo with Network starting in the background. Killing splash-daemon solves this problem, but then I see what appears to be the bootup messages.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Still experiencing the same problem, even with the latest update 2.0.25

Logged at Github 527
(24th Apr, 2014 02:31 AM)IriDium Wrote: [ -> ]Since the latest upgrades (April 14) I've noticed on occasions that when the screensaver kicks in (Dim in confluence) I can see the Xbian logo with Network starting in the background. Killing splash-daemon solves this problem, but then I see what appears to be the bootup messages.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Noup... that issue i dont have... Tested on my 2 Pi's.

I have is the service.py error at XBMC boot.

Log is attached.

[attachment=322]
@Exnor See post 156 which solves (temporarily) the problem with xbian-config.
(24th Apr, 2014 03:19 AM)IriDium Wrote: [ -> ]@Exnor See post 156 which solves (temporarily) the problem with xbian-config.

thks mate. I already saw that post, but i will wait for a more definitive solution since its not really bothering me.

Just wanted to contribute with the input about the error.
Even after the latest updates today, XBMC still closes down around 3-4 minutes into the first start. Once restarted via SSH, it runs just fine.

Do others have that problem as well? All the log files I looked into (everything in \\hostname\system-logs and the XBMC debug log) don't really state a reason or a crash and when enabling debug logging in XBMC the second log (when things run fine) doesn't look much different from the first.

Also, it actually looks like XBMC gracefully shuts down instead of just crashing and it also doesn't throw me to a login shell but to a screen displaying the boot log.
I'm also receiving the python.py error.. was on wheezy, then tried both staging and devel to see if there were any later updates that hadn't filtered through to resolve..

Also getting the script error on trying to load Settings>xbian. I have tried the 'xbian-config updates updatedb' command to no joy (ran as sudo)

Also, shairplay 1.0.5 crashes out when trying to stream anything.. have reverted back to 1.0.2-1, which does the annoying take several seconds to not stutter for the first few seconds
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Reference URL's