Forum

Full Version: Official XBian 1.0 RC 1 thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
yes, if your package list is not up to date, and need to be refresh, it crash.
it is an old bug reappairing. i have to take a look.

but during screen saver, it refresh update list if needed, so problem "disappear" after.

will fix soon.
Xbian-update doesn't start yet. Can I manually update the list?
Two other little issues: after boot only half of the NFS mount points in fstab are mounted.
If I mount -a from console then are mounted also the missing ones.

After boot CEC is not working even if it initialize fine. I have to disable and reenable viera link on the TV an then everything is OK till next reboot. Seems a TV issue but didn't happen with a brand new beta 2.
Not big issues because I keep pi always on.
>Xbian-update doesn't start yet. Can I manually update the list?

from ssh :
sudo xbian-config updates updatedb.

i'm at work, syntax could be a bit different, but you can use autocompletion.
After updating from B2 to RC1 I loose sound in all movies that uses AAC and anything above 2.0 channels. Does it happen to anyone else? All movies that use 2.0 sound channels works fine. I've tried updating from B2 few times already, every time same result. All my movies work fine in B2 with the same settings.
(7th Mar, 2014 03:45 AM)woferon Wrote: [ -> ]After updating from B2 to RC1 I loose sound in all movies that uses AAC and anything above 2.0 channels. Does it happen to anyone else?

Cause little kids I had to temporally remove my Dolby system so I can only try 2.0 on TV.

I tried xbian-config updates updatedb but xbian config doesn't start yet: it closes at 25%.

Autofs is also making a mess. I have NFS root plus 4 NFS mount points in fstab. After boot only the first two are mounted.
If I mount -a all are mounted but twice.
Also root fs is mounted twice since boot.
I can see it from mount output or df.
If I stop autofs and I umount -a and mount -a then everything is fine and every mount point is mounted only once.
The problem is: movies that are coded in 2.0 have sound but movies that are for example in 5.1 doesn't have sound AT ALL.
(7th Mar, 2014 05:58 AM)woferon Wrote: [ -> ]The problem is: movies that are coded in 2.0 have sound but movies that are for example in 5.1 doesn't have sound AT ALL.

I can hear also 5.1 movies, obviously in 2.0.
My audio output is set up 2.0
(24th Feb, 2014 03:17 AM)Skywatch Wrote: [ -> ]I just found a possible bug?

Seems that neither pi will now do a backup from ssh - xbian-config.

The backup takes only a few seconds and results in a 1Kb file.

I wanted to backup the new RC1.0 installs, but it seems that's not possible.

I also just discovered that the new upgrade turns on UPNP by default. I can turn it off on the pi with a monitor, but how to disable it on the headless pi vias SSH? Is it possible?

upnp is turning automatically by script /etc/init/xbmc-changesettings.conf on each XBMC start. as I'm starting to be quite frustrated because with latest XBMC and specially Gotham I have troubles bringing up ES service - and some other things are dependent on it.

I had the feeling that "right" combinations of other internal XBMC components will turn it on (and was working for some releases of XBMC, but since few days even that is not working for last Gotham.

if you do:
Code:
sudo -s
echo "manual" > /etc/init/xbmc-changesettings.override

it will not force those two parameters anymore (but will also not set XBMC's parameters which you might access/change through XBIAN-CONFIG (CLI/XBMC).

and even if we find that those two lines overriding <esenabled> and <upnprenderer> are useless for my goal with ES, then i can go out - and the important code will stay (to support XBIAN-config access to XBMC parameters).

(7th Mar, 2014 05:37 AM)Fabio72 Wrote: [ -> ]Autofs is also making a mess. I have NFS root plus 4 NFS mount points in fstab. After boot only the first two are mounted.
If I mount -a all are mounted but twice.
Also root fs is mounted twice since boot.
I can see it from mount output or df.
If I stop autofs and I umount -a and mount -a then everything is fine and every mount point is mounted only once.

remove rootfs entry completely from /etc/fstab. those lines (like rootfs for instance) are only resemblance of times decades ago when we had on linux only one way to get filesystem info (through accessing "manually" handled entries).

by any case, rootfs should still not appear on list of filesystems for autofs - I will fix that.

the "double" mounted filesystem I was already explaining somewhere. it is not double mounted - it is the way how autofs works. it won't mount filesystem until really needed - accessed. so it is installing ioctl trigger there (it looks like fs would be mounted - on mount or df list). but it is not mount.

mount will occur when you access any entry in it's dir/subdir (and until not mounted, access is blocking io call - what is one of the benefits as application is force waiting - and will not return error or file not exists in case of access and late mount).

if you say only two are mounted can be that those are accessed very early on your setup. the others have not yet been accesses thus mount wasn't needed yet.

I have ~7 filesystems in fstab, only one is mounted on boot (xbmc's shared userdata dir). other entries are mounted upon requirement.

(5th Mar, 2014 08:28 PM)belese Wrote: [ -> ]>Xbian-update doesn't start yet. Can I manually update the list?

from ssh :
sudo xbian-config updates updatedb.

i'm at work, syntax could be a bit different, but you can use autocompletion.

actually it is
Code:
sudo xbian-config packages updatedb

... but I never really understood why this is happening as in case on update need "-3" is returned and according the xbian-config xbmc code update is requested.

there is one corner case still which was fixed few days ago (as IriDium reported on github as he was right that in case of inet down, it wouldn't work).

So now
1. < xbian-config packages list
2. > db old (-3)
3. < ...... packages updatedb
4a. 1 if sucess
4b. (no net).... -> 1 returned too.

before it was again -3.

(5th Mar, 2014 08:25 PM)Fabio72 Wrote: [ -> ]After boot CEC is not working even if it initialize fine. I have to disable and reenable viera link on the TV an then everything is OK till next reboot. Seems a TV issue but didn't happen with a brand new beta 2.
Not big issues because I keep pi always on.

downgrade to xbian-package-cec version which was on beta2.
Code:
apt-get install xbian-package-cec=X.Y.Z

and report back. with version of libCEC 2.1.4 (check with "cec-client -i") this is needed on CuboxI, but my RPI with same TV is still auto connecting.

although with Cubox is not like disable reenable, just in list (menu) of neighboured devices I have to click it - as choose.

But could be that there is regression from past in CEC, it would not be first time.

(5th Mar, 2014 06:15 AM)grassboy Wrote: [ -> ]after a sleep...

I can launch xbian-config GUI in XBMC now!!!

is there some auto-update happened?

not of the "program" itself (at least not if you won't allow it), but available updates & packages db is by default updating every day (it is setting on UPDATES screen).

(2nd Mar, 2014 02:31 AM)zilexa Wrote: [ -> ]What is the reason we cannot simply get an IMG file to install? This manual upgrade is a lot of work and it seems to change. No guarantee it will work.

the problem is appears is not in the way but mostly that there are users not updating for months. in-between so much dependencies change, that even APT needs "some" advice from user.

if updates are installed as they appear (not only XBian, majority of the updates is from Debian/Raspbian) they install fully automatically or just on enter/click of user.

IMG is released on BIG releases, between them you won't get images neither from Debian / Raspbian. This doesn't mean WE SHOULD ALSO NOT providing them, but it is always priority. If you spent 4 hours fixing with bugs which you can distributed with .deb in 5 minutes, or you fix nothing but can post "new" shiny IMG.

Img can be easily prepared by user, if ANYONE will take over this task I will supply even additional auto script to shrink generated image and partition (to be ready to flash on smallest possible card and them resize).

I'm again and again teasing you for a cooperation and you again and again somehow manage to not accept Smile)
(16th Feb, 2014 04:08 AM)mansp Wrote: [ -> ]I have some troubles with the xbian-config. When trying to run from SSH or directly on the pi(in xbmc and with xbmc stopped) I get the following message:
Terminal
/usr/local/sbin/xbian-config: line 203: /run/lock/xbian-config.gui: No such file or directory

this was problem with non existent /run/lock (solution is "mkdir -p /run/lock && chmod 777 /run/lock") but I'm a bit surprised because it is dated back before version B2 and was clearly fixed and confirmed.

as always this doesn't mean it can't come back (as we love comebacks Smile) ), but still I'm surprised. do you really have latest version? what is output of:
Code:
sudo -i
apt-get update
xbian-apt-show-versions -u

?
Great couple of posts @mk01, thanks for the explanations.
(16th Feb, 2014 04:08 AM)mansp Wrote: [ -> ]Did a full reinstall of the system, updated everything, config was working and I did a reboot after changing fstab settings (static mount of media drive).

is the mount 100% correct ? /run/lock is created AFTER mount all finishes, looks like your never finish. Nevertheless best fix is move tmpfs (as /run/lock, /run/shm ...) out of mountall dependency - as it is dependent on user && equipment failure rate what at the end makes small issues to become BIG problems

I also did it as we speak, should appear on public repo in a week max.

(7th Mar, 2014 06:23 AM)Fabio72 Wrote: [ -> ]
(7th Mar, 2014 05:58 AM)woferon Wrote: [ -> ]The problem is: movies that are coded in 2.0 have sound but movies that are for example in 5.1 doesn't have sound AT ALL.

I can hear also 5.1 movies, obviously in 2.0.
My audio output is set up 2.0

is it not "only" the case when XBMC on version change (so maybe also a slightly different structure of config file) will delete settings around pass through, number of decoding channels on your HW setup etc?

can you check / confirm that ?

@all && zilexa

regarding the updates:

why (mostly) nobody is using XBIAN-CONFIG (CLI/XBMC) to update, but directly tries the "hacker" way in terminal? I don't mean the question in a stupid way - but as honest question.

is it lack of this info? or other reasons?

as we spent quite much time with delivering this function (to be easy of use, troubles free etc) specially because such complications with apt (when apt-get changed to more strict way of operations).

XBIAN-CONFIG handles then those dependencies automatically while simply installing all needed updates & prerequisites - after user confirm this with few clicks - offloading user's involvement almost down to zero.

and to be honest even I don't bother updating by any other way.

(7th Mar, 2014 04:45 PM)f1vefour Wrote: [ -> ]Great couple of posts @mk01, thanks for the explanations.

yuu are welcome, just remember reuse the info as much as possible. that is always the intention .
(7th Mar, 2014 04:50 PM)mk01 Wrote: [ -> ]why (mostly) nobody is using XBIAN-CONFIG (CLI/XBMC) to update, but directly tries the "hacker" way in terminal? I don't mean the question in a stupid way - but as honest question.

is it lack of this info? or other reasons?

as we spent quite much time with delivering this function (to be easy of use, troubles free etc) specially because such complications with apt (when apt-get changed to more strict way of operations).

XBIAN-CONFIG handles then those dependencies automatically while simply installing all needed updates & prerequisites - after user confirm this with few clicks - offloading user's involvement almost down to zero.

I'm used to work on linux by console, so in my case is a sort of professional distortion.

Moreover, after installing beta2 i tried to upgrade twice by XBIAN-CONFIG-CLI and once by XBMC and every single time I got errors and xbmc or even xbian not starting.
When I saw an user giving upgrade instructions using apt-get I made a last try and i was successfull.

(7th Mar, 2014 03:34 PM)mk01 Wrote: [ -> ]remove rootfs entry completely from /etc/fstab. those lines (like rootfs for instance) are only resemblance of times decades ago when we had on linux only one way to get filesystem info (through accessing "manually" handled entries).

by any case, rootfs should still not appear on list of filesystems for autofs - I will fix that.

I was not talking about the false "rootfs" mount problem, but I got also two
192.168.1.8:/srv/Xbian on / type nfs

Then I can "umount /" and only one of them is left.

Quote:the "double" mounted filesystem I was already explaining somewhere. it is not double mounted - it is the way how autofs works. it won't mount filesystem until really needed - accessed. so it is installing ioctl trigger there (it looks like fs would be mounted - on mount or df list). but it is not mount.

mount will occur when you access any entry in it's dir/subdir (and until not mounted, access is blocking io call - what is one of the benefits as application is force waiting - and will not return error or file not exists in case of access and late mount).

if you say only two are mounted can be that those are accessed very early on your setup. the others have not yet been accesses thus mount wasn't needed yet.

I have ~7 filesystems in fstab, only one is mounted on boot (xbmc's shared userdata dir). other entries are mounted upon requirement.

I'm more used to work with server distributions, so when I put an entry in fstab I must see it mounted after boot Wink

Quote:actually it is
Code:
sudo xbian-config packages updatedb
I just tried (I can ssh from work) and the output was 1
I will try later to launch the gui xbian-config

Quote:downgrade to xbian-package-cec version which was on beta2.
I'm a bit too lazy to do this test Wink
when CEC doen't work after boot I just have to do few clicks on the TV remote to make it work again
(7th Mar, 2014 06:47 PM)Fabio72 Wrote: [ -> ]I was not talking about the false "rootfs" mount problem, but I got also two

yes, I understand.

this one is because XBian want to set "noatime" on filesystem (as for instance kernel mounter which mounts during boot will fail if "noatime" is used. as it for kernel seen as unknown mount option).

so far so gut, only problem is that mounted NFS can't be remounted (mount -o remount). it opens new connection instead.

NFS-specific options are not able to be modified during a remount. The underlying transport or NFS version cannot be changed by a remount, for example.

still it wasn't planned for NFS at all as in my instructions I always was telling people to remove the line completely. because hard to understand for user on first touch and from system point of view it's just one more line to remove.
(7th Mar, 2014 08:02 PM)mk01 Wrote: [ -> ]this one is because XBian want to set "noatime" on filesystem (as for instance kernel mounter which mounts during boot will fail if "noatime" is used. as it for kernel seen as unknown mount option).

so far so gut, only problem is that mounted NFS can't be remounted (mount -o remount). it opens new connection instead.

Clear, I got it
thanks
(7th Mar, 2014 06:47 PM)Fabio72 Wrote: [ -> ]Moreover, after installing beta2 i tried to upgrade twice by XBIAN-CONFIG-CLI and once by XBMC and every single time I got errors and xbmc or even xbian not starting.

on stable repo ???

anyhow the core process itself is the same (apt-get & dpkg) so there would be no difference to the fail starting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Reference URL's