Forum

Full Version: Official XBian 1.0 RC 1 thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
I had installed navi-x but never used it, now i uninstalled all addons, and I'll check what will be the results now. Btw. as i asked before Is there any way to remove xbmc from xbian and install it once again? (fresh reinstall of only xbmc) I got a lot of stuff now on my xbian and don't want to start over.
And about your values of CPU usage on my device is almost impossible during playback f.e. any movie I got always 100% of CPU usage.

BTW. I can provide SSH access to my device for you if you wish to check my device.

After deleting all add-ons I still got 80% in screensaver;/
@koper89

addons / settings are user - related.

if you want to start over, remove /home/xbian/.xbmc folder
Code:
sudo rm -fr /home/xbian/.xbmc

but this looks to be really one single stupid addon running all the time with poorly coded idle loop
I was talking more about uninstalling whole xbmc, than deleting settings/addons, as i said earlier I deleted all of the addons, and the problem still exists. I can provide SSH access if you have some time and can check what's going on.
(9th Mar, 2014 08:14 PM)mansp Wrote: [ -> ]If I don't do this I somehow don't get permission to write to the drives from my desktop. Even though I've ticked the "enable world-access(anonymous)" (may be another name for it not at home so cant double check) in xbian config inside xbmc. Seems to be a not so good solution since it should be automatic but it works. Not with too great performance though, earlier I could get 8-9 mb/s transfer from desktop to RPi now it tops around 4.5 mb/s. This was early Beta2 I believe. Now I'm running RC1. The same drive was of course used.

just tried SAMBA to USB disk with EXT4 and can confirm 5MB/s.

on the other hand can't imagine anything above 6-7 with SAMBA and 2x not on USB. If you insist on this, I will install XBian B2 to look into it.

(16th Mar, 2014 08:43 AM)koper89 Wrote: [ -> ]I was talking more about uninstalling whole xbmc, than deleting settings/addons, as i said earlier I deleted all of the addons, and the problem still exists. I can provide SSH access if you have some time and can check what's going on.

you deleted addons through XBMC addons manager or REMOVED physicaly .xbmc directory? as it is not the same.

reinstall XBMC (package) will bring nothing as this is not windows, write access to XBMC bin/lib dir is strictly limited to root and actually XBMC runs under user xbian.

XBMC bin/lib dir will be 100% the same over whole life of your XBian installation, I can guarantee that.

btw: for high cpu usage:

there is possibility to list processes including their threads.

Code:
ps axu -L
I thought about reinstalling because now I remember that on one upgrade with something from xbmc package i got power down in my house, and I thought it might cause a problem.
ok, you can reinstall XBMC by

Code:
apt-get install --reinstall xbian-package-xbmc

but this will not touch your data ... but you can do it.
I removed (actually i renamed .xbmc folder to xbmc-backup, and reinstalled xbmc, but now i got starting xbmc.... I can't see xbmc in task manager, and it says after i service xbmc start, that xbmc is started as pre-start?
please reinstall "xbian-package-config-xbmc" as well

if you manually change / remove /usr/local/share/xbmc dir, this is needed. as the same is hosting plugin.xbianconfig addon which is needed for xbmc - system signalling.

if you used apt-get / dpkg to remove xbmc (and only those two), xbian-package-config-xbmc is kept intact and no action is needed.
I put up another file on my past bin. Line 60 http://pastebin.com/QPR6tawu . So, looks like lircd jumps to 41% cpu. But then drops back down. This is from my model B Pi, it has always had a high cpu usage, after running 24hrs. I am going to kill lircd & test it out some more. My model A Pi, is headless & uses no CEC. So i am thinking that is why its cpu usage is lower.. Its only linux, what can go wrong...
@crs,

are you physically using IR RC via lircd service on that one RPI ?
Ok, after reinstall and uninstalling maraschino I got about 15-25% CPU Usage during screensaver so anyway it's much better than 75%Smile Thanks for help.
P.S. I just installed Xbian-subtitles, that's the only addon I need, so let's hope this one will be ok, but it added few other folders in my .xbmc/addons folder:
script.module.beautifulsoup
script.module.mechanize
script.module.requests
script.xbmc.subtitles

And about memory usage: I got abou the same as CPU on xbian 15-25%, overall I got ~12% free memory on my Pi, but I think it's not a problem right? (I got 2x sickbeard running and rtorrent - sickbeard's are using about 15-20% ram each in idle.)
It seams that XBMC is holding 15% memory constant in idle.
mk01
"are you physically using IR RC via lircd service on that one RPI ? "
No i am not. Nothing in my house is lircd'd. I do use CEC on vB Pi. Android remote on vA Pi..
@crs

newest xbian-package-xbmc-scripts is checking for LIRCD usage and if not used, XBMC is started with parameter not to check/try LIRC in any way.

maybe this would help to solve your problem. as I added this support recently when solving similar issue.

so I would advise to upgrade xbian-package-xbmc-scripts to version 1.0.4-1 (.deb is on devel repo) and to disable LIRC service in service manager or manually by
Code:
sudo -i
echo manual > /etc/init/lirc.override
ty mk01. I will set lircd to manual. But 1st to enjoy my Saint Patrick's day.
I've read on this thread that someone is working on making an install image for this release. I'd like to suggest that this image be made with an f2fs root partition file system type.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Reference URL's