Forum

Full Version: XBian Release Candidate 3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
(16th Nov, 2014 06:48 PM)rikardo1979 Wrote: [ -> ]
(16th Nov, 2014 06:30 PM)dentaku65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(9th Nov, 2014 07:21 PM)dentaku65 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I'm not able to upgrade Xbian from RC2 to RC3 via xbian-config panel -> Check db upgrades
I get some 404 not found packages

Due to the 404 error reported above I've installed the RC3 on a new sd card and upgrade it via apt; I have this issue: using Youtube add-on the video is not showing, just audio. Can anyone give me an hint?

all videos or just one particular, cos here is all working fine, no problems at all. usually no video just sound means that you do not have a codec for the specific format, so means no licence for example MPEG2 or VC-1

Hi. well the incriminated part is the Trailers section of Youtube add-on; tried several trailers but I got only audio without video; the same section, the same trailers with RC2 I'm able to watch the video without issues. I don't think is a matter of specific video license format.
(16th Nov, 2014 08:18 PM)dentaku65 Wrote: [ -> ]

I'm not able to upgrade Xbian from RC2 to RC3 via xbian-config panel -> Check db upgrades

Due to the 404 error reported above I've installed the RC3 on a new sd card and upgrade it via apt; I have this issue: using Youtube add-on the video is not showing, just audio. Can anyone give me an hint?

all videos or just one particular, cos here is all working fine, no problems at all. usually no video just sound means that you do not have a codec for the specific format, so means no licence for example MPEG2 or VC-1

Hi. well the incriminated part is the Trailers section of Youtube add-on; tried several trailers but I got only audio without video; the same section, the same trailers with RC2 I'm able to watch the video without issues. I don't think is a matter of specific video license format.

just testing this, so YT Trailers section - Paul Blart 2, Dying of The Light, 50 Shades of Gray, Divergent, Exodus, The Imitation Games, etc, etc..
all playing just fine
You may have problems with resolution switching on HDMI, or other

Whats your YT addon version (4.4.10 here)/ also turn on debuging and try, than look into logs
(16th Nov, 2014 08:33 PM)rikardo1979 Wrote: [ -> ]
(16th Nov, 2014 08:18 PM)dentaku65 Wrote: [ -> ]

just testing this, so YT Trailers section - Paul Blart 2, Dying of The Light, 50 Shades of Gray, Divergent, Exodus, The Imitation Games, etc, etc..
all playing just fine
You may have problems with resolution switching on HDMI, or other

Whats your YT addon version (4.4.10 here)/ also turn on debuging and try, than look into logs

I've reinstalled RC3 with the same procedure I did before and now is working
Hi,

using Xbian 1.0RC3 - cannot upgrade using xbian config. I use ssh - sudo xbian-config, updates

Update mirrors - Failed to retrieve download mirrors, therefore a local (possibly outdated) list will be used.

Using a Raspberry Pi Model B.

Also - cannot use Airplay (used to work on previous versions). XBMC log says that it cannot find the url. Here's a copy of my log...

Any one else got these sort of errors?

Managed to fix the Youtube error over Airplay and Youtube videos not playing.

If anyone else has the problem try this fix detailed here - http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=79487&page=304

The download for the revised YouTubePlayer.py is here - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8R_P390IQPOMVpKck5nUUxfZXM/view
(17th Nov, 2014 05:43 PM)adskiremote Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

using Xbian 1.0RC3 - cannot upgrade using xbian config. I use ssh - sudo xbian-config, updates

Update mirrors - Failed to retrieve download mirrors, therefore a local (possibly outdated) list will be used.

Using a Raspberry Pi Model B.

Also - cannot use Airplay (used to work on previous versions). XBMC log says that it cannot find the url. Here's a copy of my log...

Any one else got these sort of errors?

Managed to fix the Youtube error over Airplay and Youtube videos not playing.

If anyone else has the problem try this fix detailed here - http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=79487&page=304

The download for the revised YouTubePlayer.py is here - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8R_P390IQPOMVpKck5nUUxfZXM/view

please read the FAQ on the main page

and next time, please put your log into pastebin and just link it here as mentioned in rules. thanks
ok will do apologies for that - solved my issue.

And I hope the YouTube fix helps someone :-)
I did an update and upgrade on the pi's today.

Once again it overwrites the /etc/fstab entry and all my NAS SMB links vanish.

Is there a way to stop this happening I can implement?

Skywatch.
I would think it would default to merging the new fstab instead of overwriting it.

@mk01 Any ideas?
I went back to raspbmc so much smoother faster and rebuilding a new SD card/USB install is a snap. Thanks check it out
(8th Dec, 2014 12:44 AM)phierce Wrote: [ -> ]I went back to raspbmc so much smoother faster and rebuilding a new SD card/USB install is a snap. Thanks check it out

Good for you, but this is XBIAN forum.

Why are you recommending other xbmc builds? is XBIAN development stopped or on hold?
(8th Dec, 2014 04:07 AM)agent5150 Wrote: [ -> ]
(8th Dec, 2014 12:44 AM)phierce Wrote: [ -> ]I went back to raspbmc so much smoother faster and rebuilding a new SD card/USB install is a snap. Thanks check it out

Why are you recommending other xbmc builds? is XBIAN development stopped or on hold?
Because they are unhappy with XBian and want everyone to know what they did about it. I would give them a warning about posting irrelevant information but it's not worth it.

mk01 and CurlyMo among others work on XBian daily, development has not stopped.
The new restructured xbian apt repository for example has been released today.
That's what's up ^^^^^

Thanks for the update @CurlyMo.
(8th Dec, 2014 05:19 AM)f1vefour Wrote: [ -> ]
(8th Dec, 2014 04:07 AM)agent5150 Wrote: [ -> ]

Because they are unhappy with XBian and want everyone to know what they did about it. I would give them a warning about posting irrelevant information but it's not worth it.

mk01 and CurlyMo among others work on XBian daily, development has not stopped.

I have tried all 3 major flavours openelec raspbmc and XBian. XBian was great but after revisiting seems raspbmc is much faster in every wayand I don't need to OC to watch live TV with out stuttering. Also updates work...So I posted to inform others of what's better and I stress rebuilding is a snap I also imported my .XBMC and is supersmooth. Forums are to share thoughts issues or whatever thus take the info and do what u want... Peace out.

No you are incorrect, these are support forums. Not for irrelevant, unhelpful banter, post how great xbian is and how bad rasbmc is in their support forums and see if the moderators allow it. Further rasbmc discussion here will earn you a permanent ban, unless your posting helpful github commits relating to an issue you have in xbian that you don't have in rasbmc.
I used Raspbmc and now use xbian, as its simply closer kept to raspbian. Raspbmc has some really strange startup scripts setting firewall rules etc. Was horrible finding solutions for any thing else than media center.

Back to Xbian:
One thign annoys me. Somehow Im really afraid of updating Xbian!(elementary things like xbian-firmware; xbian-xbmc, etc) Always something is going wrong.
Today I again did an update.
Bootsplash looks good. Mouse Pointer of XBMC appears. Then black. SSH is responding. XBMC smartphone remote working. Movies starting. I hear the sound. Simply no picture.

I use composite. Could it be that composite is never thought of? Are you overwritting settings?
I just remembered that I had to fizzle around with settings after upgrading to RC3 to get my screen working, too.

EDIT: Ok. I did not search for the error, but jsut delete the xbmc config folder. Restart. Screen is back. Is there a possibility not to get .xbmc config destroyed after every update?
ANother thing: I did the update in 2 rounds. Means: update -> upgrade, restart (-> everything working), update, upgrade -> uh. linux kernel and another update( dont know exactly what else :/) -> backup -> watching series
-> all my files in the data base are not found on the USB harddrive anymore (could it be that this is connected to the fstab reset another user is complaining about? I didnt edit it, but even though drive is mounted at the same place the database lost its connection to it. Change in UID?)
-> files can be normally opend via filemanager -> watchign series
-> risking the update -> black screen like described -> delete .xbmc folder -> screen back -> lets waste some time on configuring again

Long story short: Thank you for xbian! It runs very well and I really appreciate your work! But: The update mechanism sucks and lets me regularly reconfigure my xbian.

If you want any specific logs. Tell me. Im glad if I could help.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
Reference URL's