Forum

Full Version: Official XBMC 12.1 (xbian-package-xbmc 2.1) discussion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Hi there
I have tried doing the upgrade as suggested by the web page.
the updater process also seemed to have unpacked everything.

When I restart the rasperry, it still comes back to the 12.0 -RC1
XBian 1.0a4

Or am I then using a older version of XBian?
is there a upgrade path from a4 to a5?

thnx
Hi

I am using xbian on he Pi for 6 weeks now, and I am very impressed. Good work guys!. Now I have the same issue as mentioned earlier. Since I am on 12.1 HD movies stutter more often then on 12.0. I stream videos thru the wireless etwork, and have more issues then on 12.0. OC is on XBIAN, but this was also on 12.0. Should we wait for a patch or downgrade. Is it possible to downgrade?

thanks

Patrick
Code:
sudo apt-get install xbian-package-xbmc=2.0
(1st Apr, 2013 04:29 AM)CurlyMo Wrote: [ -> ]
Code:
sudo apt-get install xbian-package-xbmc=2.0

for who was that the answere?
The downgrade one...
ahh ok,
So shoul d I do a nw install to a5?
and update that to 12.1?
or is there another way?
(1st Apr, 2013 04:16 AM)knightman Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there
I have tried doing the upgrade as suggested by the web page.
the updater process also seemed to have unpacked everything.

When I restart the rasperry, it still comes back to the 12.0 -RC1
XBian 1.0a4

Or am I then using a older version of XBian?
is there a upgrade path from a4 to a5?

thnx

I would stick with 12.0 unless you have an issue. Newer is not always better.
Installed 12.1 with no issues. Some of the videos that I was have issue with stuttering now seem to play smoother (streaming files from a NAS via NFS share).

I'm still seeing some audio drops, which maybe an issue with DTS (ES), but I'll have to test further to see if it's only files with this format that are having the issue, as I have seen the issue with files with DTS or DTSHD-MA.

One thing that I did notice is that FF and REW doesn't work. Player reports it in FF or REW but just plays movie normally. Skip and Chapter jump do work though.
(2nd Apr, 2013 06:29 AM)Tinwarble Wrote: [ -> ]One thing that I did notice is that FF and REW doesn't work. Player reports it in FF or REW but just plays movie normally. Skip and Chapter jump do work though.

not working/supported on RPi
Ok, I thought is did on prior releases. May have just been my ADD kicking in though. Wink
When trying to install the update, I'm getting the following error:
Code:
Preparing to replace xbian-package-xbmc 2.0 (using .../xbian-package-xbmc_2.1_armhf.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement xbian-package-xbmc ...
dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/xbian-package-xbmc_2.1_armhf.deb (--unpack):
unable to install new version of `/usr/local/share/xbmc/addons/skin.confluence/language/Belarusian/strings.po': Is a directory
dpkg: error while cleaning up:
unable to restore backup version of `/usr/local/share/xbmc/addons/skin.confluence/language/Belarusian/strings.po': No such file or directory
dpkg: error while cleaning up:
unable to restore backup version of `/usr/local/share/xbmc/addons/skin.confluence/language/Belarusian/strings.po': No such file or directory
Errors were encountered while processing:
/var/cache/apt/archives/xbian-package-xbmc_2.1_armhf.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
Any suggestions?
Move the /usr/local/share/xbmc/addons/skin.confluence folder and try again.
Why is Libbluetooth3 being installed when you upgrade XBMC? I don't have a Bluetooth stick..
(installing/updating my Pi while Im at work.. SSH is pretty cool!)
Because i don't have a HDMI tv but we install CEC as well...
ha ok
you should consider buying a HDMI capable tv Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Reference URL's