Forum

Full Version: Official XBMC 12.1 (xbian-package-xbmc 2.1) discussion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I sure temparature isn't the problem as the RPi doesn't get too that easily.
Mine has a case, but if it's not overheating, it has to be an Xbian problem right?
Have you searched the forum for disabling watchdog? This program tries to reboot your RPi when the CPU load is too high. This could 'cause the issue you're describing.

Made myself a bit more clear on tommiiee's advice and removed our discussion because it was made obsolete by this edit, and not helping other users
(8th Apr, 2013 07:29 PM)Tommiiee Wrote: [ -> ]I think my Pi may be getting too hot, and Koenkk recently told my I should create some file to counter the default overclock, but I can't remember his precise words. Does this problem sound familiar and can anybody help me with it? Smile

SSH in and
Code:
sudo nano /boot/config.txt
# Change core_freq to 250
# ctrl + x, y, enter
reboot

(Also remove/disable watchdog)
Hi Folks,
another dodgy bit with 12.1 upgrade:
1. the upgrade procedure with apt-get upgrade etc installs also the newest xbian-package-firmware, here is how it looks on my rpi after:
xbian-package-firmware 1.3
root@xbmc:~# ls -l /boot
total 11127
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 18693 Nov 11 17:59 COPYING.linux
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1447 Nov 11 17:59 LICENCE.broadcom
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 582 Nov 11 17:59 README.md
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 17764 Mar 5 11:58 bootcode.bin
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 166 Apr 14 00:19 cmdline.txt
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 167 Apr 13 22:33 config.txt
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 8686 Mar 5 11:58 fixup.dat
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 2039208 Feb 19 08:56 initramfs.gz
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 5669316 Feb 13 14:15 kernel.img
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 3631748 Mar 5 11:58 start.elf

2. yeah, so then I reboot and...get the RLOD Smile PI doesn't boot anymore, actually looks almost as dead... just red LED on.

3. issue is with the new firmware (?) files, replacing with following files from original 1.0a5 build makes it work again:
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 17764 Jan 30 11:46 bootcode.bin
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 8502 Jan 30 11:46 fixup.dat
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 3472580 Jan 30 11:46 start.elf

3a. however it seems (?) to break the xbmc 12.1 ALL audio output option I would really like to try...

4. about the only thing which is diff about my install of RPI is that I have the "/" partition moved to usb pendrive. I use this setup because new 512MB PIs have crazy sensitive sdcard readers practically dissalowing any core overclocks, you noticed the issue in:
https://github.com/xbianonpi/xbian/issues/137

any thoughts?
can sbd confirm this behaviour?
is the above only workaround you can think of? no chance going back to sd-only Smile
something else you could propose?

thanks in advance for any replies to this.

Rgds,
B.
@bodo, can you try the latest firmware from our git?
Hey Koen,
thx, I actually got the same idea after I wrote this but I went and tried 3 fw files from here:
https://github.com/raspberrypi/firmware/tree/master/boot
root@xbmc:~# ls -al /boot
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 17764 Apr 14 04:53 bootcode.bin
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 5899 Apr 14 04:53 fixup.dat
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 2695092 Apr 14 04:53 start.elf
...and they fixed the issue already, seems (need to test more but pi boots again and output via analog works)

your git? sorry i am only just a trespasser Smile not a programmer, do you mean here:
https://github.com/xbianonpi/xbian/tree/xbian-beta1/boot
I see the 3 fw files are different although filesize is the same as of nonworking batch. I will give them a try as well now (just download the 3 files and overwrite I hope?) and report.

btw. why the significant filesize difference of fw files (e.g. start.elf) between rpi & xbian git? just curious.

Rgds,B.
Yes thats our git, download and overwrite Wink Probably because we are using older firmware files
root@xbmc:~# ls -la /boot/
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 17764 Apr 14 2013 bootcode.bin
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 8686 Apr 14 2013 fixup.dat
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 3631748 Apr 14 2013 start.elf

yup it boots/plays, i will report later if i find anything else.

THX and all the best for xbian, it came a long-long way since 0.6, still the best imho Smile
Again, I would like to say that since new update after roughly 12 hours, it seems that the TV is black when I switch it back on.

I cannot see XBIAN anywhere.

Do you have any tips on how to debug this?

Edit:

So after checking a while, it seems that XBMC is not running.

root@xbian:/home/xbian# /etc/init.d/xbmc status
[FAIL] xbmc.bin is not running ... failed!

I believe the "power save mode" etc.. is in fact all off so it should stay on.
I also reverted the OC settings back to XBian default.

Can you please point me to where I can relevant logs to see why it crashes?
Thanks you
ok, there is one more q: anything I can do with analog audio popping topic with the build I am on? or what other choice is there?
(14th Apr, 2013 09:31 PM)bodo Wrote: [ -> ]ok, there is one more q: anything I can do with analog audio popping topic with the build I am on? or what other choice is there?

sudo apt-get install xbian-package-firmware
(14th Apr, 2013 09:25 PM)Trefex Wrote: [ -> ]is not running.
[FAIL] xbmc.bin is not running ... failed!
I believe the "power save mode" etc.. is in fact all off so it should stay on.
I also reverted the OC settings back to XBian default.
Can you please point me to where I can relevant logs to see why it crashes?

/home/xbian/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log
(15th Apr, 2013 09:41 AM)f1vefour Wrote: [ -> ]
(14th Apr, 2013 09:31 PM)bodo Wrote: [ -> ]ok, there is one more q: anything I can do with analog audio popping topic with the build I am on? or what other choice is there?

sudo apt-get install xbian-package-firmware

ermmm, nope. already done that, see above. thx for the response anyway! tried also both newest fw from xbian and pi directly. there are some bugs open as i saw and works ongoing (?) in different directions if i am not wrong, not sure how and even if there is a chance to implement any of these at current stage or whether to wait for beta1 is the only way atm? btw how long to beta1?
We will never give eta's
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Reference URL's