Forum

Full Version: Official XBMC 12.1 (xbian-package-xbmc 2.1) discussion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
(20th Mar, 2013 08:18 PM)JeHaLi Wrote: [ -> ]XBMC "freezes" after trying to disable the TV-Settings in System/Settings/Live TV/
I got the following error in the log file:

10:36:04 T:2915038272 NOTICE: PVRManager - starting up
10:36:04 T:2822763584 NOTICE: Thread PVR manager start, auto delete: false
10:36:05 T:2805986368 ERROR: DeleteFile - cant delete file, trying to change mode </usr/local/share/xbmc/addons/pvr.mediaportal.tvserv$
10:36:05 T:2805986368 ERROR: DeleteFile - failed to change mode </usr/local/share/xbmc/addons/pvr.mediaportal.tvserver/resources/setti$
10:36:05 T:2805986368 ERROR: Delete - Error deleting file /usr/local/share/xbmc/addons/pvr.mediaportal.tvserver/resources/settings.xml
10:36:05 T:2822763584 NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false

I manualy chmod the settings.xml file and the problem was gone.
In the previous versions I had no problem with this.
Perhaps a bug in this new version xbian-package-xbmc 2.1 ?

Thanks for reporting!
(20th Mar, 2013 07:15 AM)Koenkk Wrote: [ -> ]
(20th Mar, 2013 07:11 AM)sebaa Wrote: [ -> ]@CurlyMo: Please write me correct comand line to update xbmc to 12.1

Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade -y
sudo apt-get install xbian-package-xbmc -y

In your case you also need to run
Code:
sudo dpkg --configure -a

when i'm running "sudo apt-get install xbian-package-xbmc -y" this, i got error :

Terminal
root@XBian:~# sudo apt-get install xbian-xbmc -y
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package xbian-xbmc

what am i doing wrong?
That's because you didn't ran the correct command, reading Confused:
Code:
sudo apt-get install xbian-xbmc -y
#vs
Just FYI

The last update vanished my whole EXT4 partition? LOL

I just did:
Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade -y
Reboot

Only a black screen.
I checked my SD card on a Linux system and I could only mount the FAT partition.
I checked the SD card with gparted. NO EXT4 partition anymore!

I reinstalled ALPHA5 and run this:
Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade -y
Reboot

All OK. Same SD card.

Back on track Tongue
I just updated to alpha 5, hoping to use the dual audio. Instead, at the audio output screen I still can only choose between HDMI and analog. There is no option 'both'. Any ideas?
(22nd Mar, 2013 07:07 AM)Fonz Wrote: [ -> ]I just updated to alpha 5, hoping to use the dual audio. Instead, at the audio output screen I still can only choose between HDMI and analog. There is no option 'both'. Any ideas?

you need to have alpha 5 and than do XBMC Frodo 12.1 & More! on top of it Wink
so
1st Alpha 5
2nd do this update following the link above

Cool
Right! Thanks, updating now...

Ok, that took a while Smile
The good: dual audio is working (I have been waiting for this since I got my pi almost a year ago)
The less good: I seem to experience random crashes. I haven't taken a look in the log, but what is mostly bugging me is that a soft reset (i.e. ssh, sudo reboot) doesn't work. I actually have to turn of the power and on again (which supposedly is corrupting my SD).

Any thoughts so far?

ps, where can I find the applicable error log?
apt-get dist-upgrade

fails to reboot with no error message and no option but to rewrite img to card and start over.
@danringer
Dont do dist-upgrade ever!
(23rd Mar, 2013 02:25 PM)kraleksandr Wrote: [ -> ]@danringer
Dont do dist-upgrade ever!

Yup!
(21st Mar, 2013 07:41 PM)Killerbee Wrote: [ -> ]Just FYI

The last update vanished my whole EXT4 partition? LOL

I just did:
Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade -y
Reboot

Only a black screen.
I checked my SD card on a Linux system and I could only mount the FAT partition.
I checked the SD card with gparted. NO EXT4 partition anymore!

I reinstalled ALPHA5 and run this:
Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade -y
Reboot

All OK. Same SD card.

Back on track Tongue

Same story here, wtf?Sad
As I reported earlier, update went fine...but I am noticing random audio fall outs. Audio simply cuts off in the middle of playback of movies. Once that happens, only a reboot brings the audio back.

Pi is also freezing overnight or with long inactivity period.
Never had this issue until this update.
Hi,
12.1 worked for a while. But now it doesn't. xbmc is quitting immediately after booting. I see the confluence skin appear for about a second and then a black screen. Top shows xbmc is no longer running.

-I used dd if=/dev/mmcblk0p2 of=/dev/sda1 and modified cmdline.txt to install to a thumb drive.
-I am using high overclocking as I need it to get Live TV working without stuttering (I need to decode DTS in software)
-log

Doug
(25th Mar, 2013 08:26 AM)doug Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,
12.1 worked for a while. But now it doesn't. xbmc is quitting immediately after booting. I see the confluence skin appear for about a second and then a black screen. Top shows xbmc is no longer running.

-I used dd if=/dev/mmcblk0p2 of=/dev/sda1 and modified cmdline.txt to install to a thumb drive.
-I am using high overclocking as I need it to get Live TV working without stuttering (I need to decode DTS in software)
-log

Doug

It seems that it has problems with mounting /dev/sda1, can you try running from the sd card again?
(25th Mar, 2013 08:37 AM)Koenkk Wrote: [ -> ]It seems that it has problems with mounting /dev/sda1, can you try running from the sd card again?
Moving it back corrected the issue. But my card is really slow compared to the thumb drive. Short of buying a different SD card, is there something that can be done to make it work with my thumb drive?

Thanks!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Reference URL's