Forum

Full Version: Official XBMC 12.2 Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Should be able to simply do this to revert to a older version:

sudo apt-get install xbian-package-xbmc=2.1

Personally I stick with 2.0, without a doubt the most stable revision on my Pi and the only version that sends the media info of streaming files to Yatse (XBMC issue not Xbian as it's the same on OpenELEC).
Will there be any response from the devs regarding the big amount of issues people are reporting irt this 12.2 update?
Will there be a new release?
sure,guys going look into it ASAP.not an easy to find what may cause this specific issues what only few people has as in majority of updates none of the issues were found.
-thx-
Here are my observations:

Clean install of xbian.
Upgrade direct to Frodo 2.2 via "alternate" instructions.
xbmc hangs on splash

Downgrade to 2.1 via: wget http://www.mirrorservice.org/sites/apt.xbian.org/pool/main/x/xbian-package-xbmc/xbian-package-xbmc_2.1_armhf.deb

2.1 runs ok.

Next upgraded to 2.2 via: wget http://www.mirrorservice.org/sites/apt.xbian.org/pool/main/x/xbian-package-xbmc/xbian-package-xbmc_2.2_armhf.deb

2.2 starts ok.

I would guess that the 2.1 update did somthing (or included something) which is needed for the 2.2 upgrade?
@schmoo thanks, I will look into that!
Thanks to @schmoo the issue has been solved, for those who are stuck now do

Code:
sudo apt-get clean
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install --reinstall xbian-package-xbmc

(the issue was an outdated libcec binary which was being upgraded by xbian-package-xbmc2.1)
Thanks !
(7th May, 2013 11:32 PM)goebish Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks !

so did the fix work for you?
Yes it did.

Well... it did but there's another issue now.
xbmc starts and I can use it but if I switch off my tv and switch it back on the screen is black until I restart the xbmc service.

Maybe it's related to CEC because when I switch my tv back on I can see xbmc for 1 second then it switch to black screen just after the "cec detected" popup appears.
Works for me as well! Good job guys Smile
Great Wink seems that the issue was caused only for you who didn't have the 12.1 update installed. Thats why only few have had this.
Cool
(7th May, 2013 11:46 PM)goebish Wrote: [ -> ]Yes it did.

Well... it did but there's another issue now.
xbmc starts and I can use it but if I switch off my tv and switch it back on the screen is black until I restart the xbmc service.

Maybe it's related to CEC because when I switch my tv back on I can see xbmc for 1 second then it switch to black screen just after the "cec detected" popup appears.

can you look into the log file? you should be able to see something. You may also pastebin it here Wink
Well, I'll try a fresh install first because I may have messed up something on the way Wink
I installed last night, updated successfully however had a weird error that I couldn't get around.

When choosing ' Movie information ' in the context menu, I get a black screen and XBMC crashed. So I reverted Sad
(8th May, 2013 04:05 AM)Handaloo Wrote: [ -> ]I installed last night, updated successfully however had a weird error that I couldn't get around.

When choosing ' Movie information ' in the context menu, I get a black screen and XBMC crashed. So I reverted Sad

whats in log file? did you look? as without it would be hard to say what might caused it. I know you said u rolled back but this is not a way of helping to develop and improve Wink
dont be lazy, I know you and I know this is not your style
Cool
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Reference URL's