Forum

Full Version: Official XBMC 12.2 Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Since updating, my tv keep switching form hdmi 4 to hdmi1/dvi and the "pulse-eight CEC adaptor configuration update" icon is in the corner. My RPI is plugged into hdmi 4. Any tips on how to fix this? Its a samsung TV. Thanks
Hey,
since I updated to XBMC 12.2 skipping isn't working for videos anymore. XBMC doesn't crash or anything, it shows how much minutes/seconds you skipped but the video won't play anymore. Pressing Play/Pause doesn't change anything. I have to stop the video and start it again (or I can start it from the point where I skipped to).
Anyone else having the same issues? It's kinda really annoying :/
Thanks for your help.
(16th May, 2013 02:52 AM)Thilo Wrote: [ -> ]Hey,
since I updated to XBMC 12.2 skipping isn't working for videos anymore. XBMC doesn't crash or anything, it shows how much minutes/seconds you skipped but the video won't play anymore. Pressing Play/Pause doesn't change anything. I have to stop the video and start it again (or I can start it from the point where I skipped to).
Anyone else having the same issues? It's kinda really annoying :/
Thanks for your help.

did you actually read what I have posted in your thread which I have closed?
http://forum.xbian.org/showthread.php?pid=10358#pid10358
I finally got the video player not stopping at the end of playback issue fixed. It only took 4 clean installs/updates to fix the issue. Wink

I now have another issue. After adding a NFS share I can't add a SMB share through the menu.

It will allow me to add a SMB share if I manually add it by entering smb://IPaddress/location, but if I go to to Files>Add Source>Browse>SMB>Workgroup it gives me a "Invalid argument" message.
(13th May, 2013 08:42 AM)tehnatural Wrote: [ -> ]It played from a USB thumb drive and closed properly for me.

I am usually streaming from NFS and it appears to only be the case with those videos.

I was wrong it only worked for avi file types. Not MKV.

(19th May, 2013 07:29 AM)Tinwarble Wrote: [ -> ]I finally got the video player not stopping at the end of playback issue fixed. It only took 4 clean installs/updates to fix the issue. Wink

I now have another issue. After adding a NFS share I can't add a SMB share through the menu.

It will allow me to add a SMB share if I manually add it by entering smb://IPaddress/location, but if I go to to Files>Add Source>Browse>SMB>Workgroup it gives me a "Invalid argument" message.

I tried switching to SMB after the NFS shares weren't working correctly and the problem still persisted.

What type of file are you streaming?
(19th May, 2013 11:18 AM)tehnatural Wrote: [ -> ]I tried switching to SMB after the NFS shares weren't working correctly and the problem still persisted.

What type of file are you streaming?

SMB and NFS both are working for me, just can't add SMB through the menu if I have already added a NFS share, the SMB has to be manually added.

Streaming MKVs (1080).
(19th May, 2013 07:29 AM)Tinwarble Wrote: [ -> ]I finally got the video player not stopping at the end of playback issue fixed. It only took 4 clean installs/updates to fix the issue. Wink

Well, I spoke too soon. After a reboot of the RPi it's back to the same not stopping at the end of playback.
(15th May, 2013 04:05 AM)strange1 Wrote: [ -> ]Since updating, my tv keep switching form hdmi 4 to hdmi1/dvi and the "pulse-eight CEC adaptor configuration update" icon is in the corner. My RPI is plugged into hdmi 4. Any tips on how to fix this? Its a samsung TV. Thanks

I had the same issue, beta1 is not doing that. so wait, or download the packages from
https://github.com/xbianonpi/xbian-package-xbmc.git and https://github.com/xbianonpi/xbian-package-cec.git respectively.

(just clone the repo, run gen.package.sh, dpkg -i the created .deb - most probably you will have to install fakeuser before (apt-get install fakeuser))

mk
Please add the following to xbian-package-cec 's control file

Code:
Breaks: xbian-package-xbmc (<< 2.3)
Replaces: xbian-package-xbmc (<< 2.3)

which will allow dpkg to upgrade the package properly. ("Replaces" does not mean it replaces the package, only that it replaces some of the files in the package. "Breaks" tells dpkg that it will need to upgrade this package to a better version first.)
(21st May, 2013 10:08 PM)JayBlanc Wrote: [ -> ]Please add the following to xbian-package-cec 's control file

Code:
Breaks: xbian-package-xbmc (<< 2.3)
Replaces: xbian-package-xbmc (<< 2.3)

which will allow dpkg to upgrade the package properly. ("Replaces" does not mean it replaces the package, only that it replaces some of the files in the package. "Breaks" tells dpkg that it will need to upgrade this package to a better version first.)

Thanks, commited! https://github.com/xbianonpi/xbian-package-cec/commit/6f47935aebd678abd829a57978787a7f4c422346
Also it looks like you've built the PVR addons from opdenkamp git master branch which is producing binary incompatible addons that will crash XBMC when they're used. Opdenkamp's git master is for building with the development branch.

You need to build them from the frodo branch which is binary compatible with 12.x
@JayBlanc yes I know, we will correct that in XBian 1.0 Beta 1.
I went back to 1.0a5 after 1.0b1 and can't install 12.2 now.

Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
xbian-package-xbmc : Depends: upstart but it is not going to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
Bump!!!
I can't be the only one that switched back to 1.0a5 and wants to update XBMC to 12.2
(30th Jun, 2013 11:49 PM)Smultie Wrote: [ -> ]Bump!!!
I can't be the only one that switched back to 1.0a5 and wants to update XBMC to 12.2

you can revert to this commit ec2e98f4b6492f452295fd029aeef48d45e7a194 where the change has been done and install the generated package.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Reference URL's