Forum

Full Version: Official XBMC 12.2 Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Like Freddie and Skywatch on installation of 12.2 my mouse jumps around all over the place. So much so that I can't fully control XBMC and have had to go back. It is a real shame as the playback performance was noticeably better, but that is of little use if you can't actually control the GUI properly!
We will fix the mouse jumping issues in the next update
(11th May, 2013 09:12 AM)Koenkk Wrote: [ -> ]We will fix the mouse jumping issues in the next update

Nice, I got the same problems and maybe you cut look into the problems whit the scroll wheel on the mouse Big Grin

/lyon
Just dit the update from Xbian 1.0a5 with XBMC 12.1 to the new XBMC 12.2

The update went ok en Xbian is running perfect on the new XBMC 12.2. I did the update successfully by:

Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install xbian-package-xbmc -y
This was returning on the end of the xbmc update:
Unpacking xbian-package-cec (from .../xbian-package-cec_1.0_armhf.deb) ...
dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/xbian-package-cec_1.0_armhf.deb (--unpack):
trying to overwrite '/opt/cec/usr/local/bin/cec-client', which is also in package xbian-package-xbmc 2.1
dpkg-deb: error: subprocess paste was killed by signal (Broken pipe)
Preparing to replace xbian-package-xbmc 2.1 (using .../xbian-package-xbmc_2.2_armhf.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement xbian-package-xbmc ...
Errors were encountered while processing:
/var/cache/apt/archives/xbian-package-cec_1.0_armhf.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

I dont't know what this CEC error is assuming but everything went ok, in my Gui --> system info --> i get the message that XBMC 12.2 is installed and movies are playing ok, no mouse cursor is jumping around and CEC is working

- First tried the update by the SSH xbian-config menu, but this is not working. I get the screen that the update XBMC 2.1 (2.2) update is found and this can be selected.

After proceeding i get this error log:
Reading package list....
Building dependency tree..
Reading state information...
E: version '2.2 'for 'xbian-package-xbmc' was not found

- Thanks to the Dev team for this great peace of software.
For those who have the mouse jumping issue, can u test if this is fixed in the latest xbmc-nightly? instructions: https://github.com/xbianonpi/xbmc-nightly/blob/Frodo/README.md
Updated from 12.1 to 12.2 and got the same error message as Davem.

Unpacking xbian-package-cec (from .../xbian-package-cec_1.0_armhf.deb) ...
dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/xbian-package-cec_1.0_armhf.deb (--unpack):
trying to overwrite '/opt/cec/usr/local/bin/cec-client', which is also in package xbian-package-xbmc 2.1
dpkg-deb: error: subprocess paste was killed by signal (Broken pipe)
Preparing to replace xbian-package-xbmc 2.1 (using .../xbian-package-xbmc_2.2_armhf.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement xbian-package-xbmc ...
Errors were encountered while processing:
/var/cache/apt/archives/xbian-package-cec_1.0_armhf.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

I tried to rollback to 12.1 without any luck. So wiped my SD card, re-installed Alpha 5 (in Windows) then updated and everything went fine then.
(12th May, 2013 01:07 AM)Koenkk Wrote: [ -> ]For those who have the mouse jumping issue, can u test if this is fixed in the latest xbmc-nightly? instructions: https://github.com/xbianonpi/xbmc-nightly/blob/Frodo/README.md

The nightly are working fine, no jumping mouse :-)
/lyon
(12th May, 2013 05:31 AM)lyon Wrote: [ -> ]
(12th May, 2013 01:07 AM)Koenkk Wrote: [ -> ]For those who have the mouse jumping issue, can u test if this is fixed in the latest xbmc-nightly? instructions: https://github.com/xbianonpi/xbmc-nightly/blob/Frodo/README.md

The nightly are working fine, no jumping mouse :-)
/lyon

great Wink
thank you for feedback
That's a big thumbs up from me too!

Thanks to all for sorting this out! :-)

Skywatch
PS Is it now safe to use apt-get update && apt-get upgrade? - Or is it better to wait for beta1?

EDIT:

Seems I spoke too soon. Althought it worked with an SSH update, it now freezes on reboot at the xbian loading screen at the point where it should say loading XBMC...Have tried a few reboots and even a total power off.

It's late now so will look again at this tomorrow........bit in the meantime if anyone has any ideas? ;-)
The video player is not stopping at the end of playback. Videos play fine, but when it gets to the end of a video the player just keeps going and going and going. You have to actually manually Stop playback before the player will stop.

This wasn't and issue with 12.1
when i try to upadate, i get this error:

root@xbian:~# sudo apt-get install --reinstall xbian-package-xbmc
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
You might want to run 'apt-get -f install' to correct these:
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
xbian-package-xbmc : Depends: xbian-package-cec (>= 1.0) but it is not going to be installed
E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a solution).
Building dependency tree
xbian-package-xbmc : Depends: xbian-package-cec (>= 1.0) but it is not going to be installed
E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a solution).
(12th May, 2013 08:44 PM)gizi Wrote: [ -> ]when i try to upadate, i get this error:

Building dependency tree
Building dependency tree

from what version of XBian and what version of XBMC you trying to update?
(12th May, 2013 08:44 PM)gizi Wrote: [ -> ]when i try to upadate, i get this error:

Building dependency tree
Building dependency tree

What happens when you execute

Code:
sudo apt-get install -f
after:

sudo apt-get install -f

it worked for me Smile

i have updatetd from 12.1 to 12.2 and had installed Alpha5

THX!!!!
Mine seems OK now after the nightly.

I don't know why the reboot had a problem last night, but today it seems fine.

However, updating to the latest firmware seems to break it, so back to the Jan8 one for me.

Thank you to whoever found and fixed that mouse issue, it was odd. What caused it?

Skywatch
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Reference URL's