Forum

Full Version: Official XBian 1.0 Gotham Testing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I have searched around and seen that aac 5.1 is tricky, and should automatically be converted to ac3. I had it working before I switched to Gotham nightlies, now I don't know what is wrong.

I have a Yamaha RX-V673 which supports dolby and dts, and worked fine before. Now when I play a movie with aac 5.1 encoding I do not hear the dialogue, only the background sounds. I have passthrough enabled with DTS, dolby, and true hd checked. Is anyone else seeing this problem?
looks like a general issue in Gotham - not XBian-specific. so you better discuss this in the official XBMC.org forum or contact the developers directly by creating an issue on the official GitHub page --> https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc
@poko

how you had it working??? online transcoding AAC -> AC3 is supported on all platforms, but RPI. downmix to stereo.
first, check what mode should be and what mode omxplayer tried to switch to.

then this info together with media media info report as issue to popconrmix - that means there:

https://github.com/popcornmix/omxplayer
(4th Feb, 2014 09:52 AM)mk01 Wrote: [ -> ]@poko

how you had it working??? online transcoding AAC -> AC3 is supported on all platforms, but RPI. downmix to stereo.

I assume it must have been down mixing it to stereo then. I guess the issue would then be that it isn't down mixing it to stereo, it's just playing two of the 5.1 channels instead of down mixing it.
understand. that could be (but should not be).

as you upgraded the release (frodo -> gotham) can you just quick check that settings stayed as they should? I mean the standard one as passthrough definitions. Sometimes happens that XBMC doesn't migrate the settings 1:1 and some glitches stay in the guisettings.xml. So before we start tracking memory buses and signal transfers recheck this.
Hi , i had some problem with my xbian/xbmc , after I update my xbmc to Gotham nightly I had no analog audio output, I already set the audio output to Analog , it's still using the HDMI audio , but when I tried using both output options the Analog is working fine with hdmi audio , I only need the analog output ,

I'm using xbian beta 2 up to date with Gotham nightly
Well in Gotham I feel faster navigation & loading, so I hope I don't had to revert back to frodo
Sorry for my bad English
Is there an ETA for the first beta of Gotham for XBian?
I would image that running the nightlys on RC1 would be the equivalent.

There is no planned release, as I expect RC1 needs to be bullet proof first, then work can commence on RC1.1 (Gotham).

As Gotham is just changes to XBMC and not core Xbian it's only really XBMC changes to say the DB and factors that could affect XBMC xbian-config (Of which there are a few) that need to be addressed.
Yeah, I understand that. But the xbian-gotham-nightly-xbmc (or something  ) package needs to be updated to get to the Gotham Beta 1 status, right? I'm just wondering when that will happen.
(5th Mar, 2014 04:39 AM)Smultie Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, I understand that. But the xbian-gotham-nightly-xbmc (or something  ) package needs to be updated to get to the Gotham Beta 1 status, right? I'm just wondering when that will happen.

I agree, would love to see an update anytime soon. because currently the xbian-package-xbmc-gotham-nightly is a Alpha12 build from the 24th of january...so rather old in terms of a nightly package.

I also wonder whether the XBian development stopped completely. if you take a look at the GitHub repo you can see it was updated almost every single day in January. Now it wasn't updated for over a month.. It makes me pretty sad because XBian is/was such a great project and the slogan "Bleeding Edge" is exactly what I want. I don't really want to leave my favorite RasPi OS and switch to OpenELEC just because they are releasing a new Gotham test build very often. an official statement from the dev team would be appreciated.
(5th Mar, 2014 05:00 AM)freem@n Wrote: [ -> ]
(5th Mar, 2014 04:39 AM)Smultie Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, I understand that. But the xbian-gotham-nightly-xbmc (or something  ) package needs to be updated to get to the Gotham Beta 1 status, right? I'm just wondering when that will happen.

I agree, would love to see an update anytime soon. because currently the xbian-package-xbmc-gotham-nightly is a Alpha12 build from the 24th of january...so rather old in terms of a nightly package.

I also wonder whether the XBian development stopped completely. if you take a look at the GitHub repo you can see it was updated almost every single day in January. Now it wasn't updated for over a month.. It makes me pretty sad because XBian is/was such a great project and the slogan "Bleeding Edge" is exactly what I want. I don't really want to leave my favorite RasPi OS and switch to OpenELEC just because they are releasing a new Gotham test build very often. an official statement from the dev team would be appreciated.

mk01 makes changes everyday, either he isn't pushing the changes or your looking at the wrong repo.
(5th Mar, 2014 05:45 AM)f1vefour Wrote: [ -> ]mk01 makes changes everyday, either he isn't pushing the changes or your looking at the wrong repo.

okay...then forget about my first post, my fault :/ I'm gonna add staging and devel to my sources.list and hopefully update to the latest version.
(5th Mar, 2014 05:47 AM)freem@n Wrote: [ -> ]
(5th Mar, 2014 05:45 AM)f1vefour Wrote: [ -> ]mk01 makes changes everyday, either he isn't pushing the changes or your looking at the wrong repo.

okay...then forget about my first post, my fault :/ I'm gonna add staging and devel to my sources.list and hopefully update to the latest version.

Unfortunately I don't think he maintains the nightly, I thought you were saying XBian isn't being updated..you were specifically talking about XBMC Gotham which is Koenkk area.
(5th Mar, 2014 05:45 AM)f1vefour Wrote: [ -> ]
(5th Mar, 2014 05:00 AM)freem@n Wrote: [ -> ]

mk01 makes changes everyday, either he isn't pushing the changes or your looking at the wrong repo.

Is there a way to see the changes mk01 is making daily? Can't seem to find them on Github for the last 3 weeks or so. Might be me looking at the wrong spots though 😀
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Reference URL's