Forum

Full Version: Official XBian 1.0 Gotham Testing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
(5th Mar, 2014 06:02 AM)Smultie Wrote: [ -> ]
(5th Mar, 2014 05:45 AM)f1vefour Wrote: [ -> ]
(5th Mar, 2014 05:00 AM)freem@n Wrote: [ -> ]
(5th Mar, 2014 04:39 AM)Smultie Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, I understand that. But the xbian-gotham-nightly-xbmc (or something  ) package needs to be updated to get to the Gotham Beta 1 status, right? I'm just wondering when that will happen.

I agree, would love to see an update anytime soon. because currently the xbian-package-xbmc-gotham-nightly is a Alpha12 build from the 24th of january...so rather old in terms of a nightly package.

I also wonder whether the XBian development stopped completely. if you take a look at the GitHub repo you can see it was updated almost every single day in January. Now it wasn't updated for over a month.. It makes me pretty sad because XBian is/was such a great project and the slogan "Bleeding Edge" is exactly what I want. I don't really want to leave my favorite RasPi OS and switch to OpenELEC just because they are releasing a new Gotham test build very often. an official statement from the dev team would be appreciated.

mk01 makes changes everyday, either he isn't pushing the changes or your looking at the wrong repo.

Is there a way to see the changes mk01 is making daily? Can't seem to find them on Github for the last 3 weeks or so. Might be me looking at the wing spots though 😀

I guess he isn't pushing the changes, he pushed something skin related yesterday but nothing else for about three weeks.

You have to remember that this is all done for free, he may be busy with work...who knows as there isn't any communication going on lately that I have been privy to.
(5th Mar, 2014 05:54 AM)f1vefour Wrote: [ -> ]
(5th Mar, 2014 05:47 AM)freem@n Wrote: [ -> ]
(5th Mar, 2014 05:45 AM)f1vefour Wrote: [ -> ]mk01 makes changes everyday, either he isn't pushing the changes or your looking at the wrong repo.

okay...then forget about my first post, my fault :/ I'm gonna add staging and devel to my sources.list and hopefully update to the latest version.

Unfortunately I don't think he maintains the nightly, I thought you were saying XBian isn't being updated..you were specifically talking about XBMC Gotham which is Koenkk area.

did Koenkk leave the XBian dev team? maybe someone else can update the Gotham nightly package. Unfortunately I don't know how to do that, otherwise I would love to support the XBian team in this case!
(5th Mar, 2014 06:07 AM)f1vefour Wrote: [ -> ]
(5th Mar, 2014 06:02 AM)Smultie Wrote: [ -> ]
(5th Mar, 2014 05:45 AM)f1vefour Wrote: [ -> ]
(5th Mar, 2014 05:00 AM)freem@n Wrote: [ -> ]
(5th Mar, 2014 04:39 AM)Smultie Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, I understand that. But the xbian-gotham-nightly-xbmc (or something  ) package needs to be updated to get to the Gotham Beta 1 status, right? I'm just wondering when that will happen.

I agree, would love to see an update anytime soon. because currently the xbian-package-xbmc-gotham-nightly is a Alpha12 build from the 24th of january...so rather old in terms of a nightly package.

I also wonder whether the XBian development stopped completely. if you take a look at the GitHub repo you can see it was updated almost every single day in January. Now it wasn't updated for over a month.. It makes me pretty sad because XBian is/was such a great project and the slogan "Bleeding Edge" is exactly what I want. I don't really want to leave my favorite RasPi OS and switch to OpenELEC just because they are releasing a new Gotham test build very often. an official statement from the dev team would be appreciated.

mk01 makes changes everyday, either he isn't pushing the changes or your looking at the wrong repo.

Is there a way to see the changes mk01 is making daily? Can't seem to find them on Github for the last 3 weeks or so. Might be me looking at the wing spots though 😀

I guess he isn't pushing the changes, he pushed something skin related yesterday but nothing else for about three weeks.

You have to remember that this is all done for free, he may be busy with work...who knows as there isn't any communication going on lately that I have been privy to.

I fully understand that! But I'm also a little bit worried about the backbone of the xbian-project since it seems to very much depend on one developer. Of course there can be all sort of very viable reasons for mk01 to do something else for three weeks, but I'm just stating a small fear of mine [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]
(5th Mar, 2014 06:17 AM)Smultie Wrote: [ -> ]I fully understand that! But I'm also a little bit worried about the backbone of the xbian-project since it seems to very much depend on one developer. Of course there can be all sort of very viable reasons for mk01 to do something else for three weeks, but I'm just stating a small fear of mine

+1 I don't understand what could be the reason that mk01 is apparently not getting much help from other developers. this means everything comes to a sudden stop when mk01 is busy (which is absolutely understandable). I'm just afraid of losing this great project...
Does anyone know what the gotham nightlies aren't being updated either? I would like to install gotham beta 1!
If you guys wonder were mk01 is currently focussing on, read this:
http://imx.solid-run.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=528&start=140

On pilight it's the same. Sometimes i can work for a few weeks on a bigger change so you don't see commits for the same amount of time. Then all of a sudden you see a big one. Just be patient.

For those who want to take over from Koenkk:
https://github.com/xbianonpi/xbian/wiki/Compiling-XBMC-&-Dependencies
yeah! finally there is a brand new update available for the Gotham Nightly on GitHub Smile https://github.com/xbianonpi/xbian-package-xbmc/commit/37874029bc347bf091c38190aac7ed4d040d926d

thank you, Koenkk!
(7th Mar, 2014 04:27 PM)freem@n Wrote: [ -> ]yeah! finally there is a brand new update available for the Gotham Nightly on GitHub Smile https://github.com/xbianonpi/xbian-package-xbmc/commit/37874029bc347bf091c38190aac7ed4d040d926d

thank you, Koenkk!

Could you tell me the easiest way to upgrade??
I guess we'll have to wait until it's in the APT repo ;-)
Code:
apt-get install libvorbisenc2
git clone --depth 5 -b gotham-nightly https://github.com/xbianonpi/xbian-package-xbmc.git
cd xbian-package-xbmc/
./gen.package.sh
dpkg -i xbian-package-xbmc-gotham-nightly2.9-10.25.deb
(7th Mar, 2014 07:36 PM)CurlyMo Wrote: [ -> ]
Code:
git clone --depth 5 -b gotham-nightly https://github.com/xbianonpi/xbian-package-xbmc.git
cd xbian-package-xbmc/
./gen.package.sh

thanks! Smile I guess it's best to add --single-branch to the git clone command if you only want to have the Gotham nightly branch
(7th Mar, 2014 07:40 PM)freem@n Wrote: [ -> ]
(7th Mar, 2014 07:36 PM)CurlyMo Wrote: [ -> ]
Code:
cd xbian-package-xbmc/
./gen.package.sh

thanks! Smile I guess it's best to add --single-branch to the git clone command if you only want to have the Gotham nightly branch

Sorry for being such a noob, but can you post the string of command after your added "--single-branch"?
If you do "-b ..." you already get a single branch.
(7th Mar, 2014 08:51 PM)Smultie Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry for being such a noob, but can you post the string of command after your added "--single-branch"?

Code:
git clone --depth 5 -b gotham-nightly --single-branch https://github.com/xbianonpi/xbian-package-xbmc.git
cd xbian-package-xbmc/
./gen.package.sh

(7th Mar, 2014 08:54 PM)CurlyMo Wrote: [ -> ]If you do "-b ..." you already get a single branch.

not really. you just select one as working branch. in my experience with the skin I'm developing the download size is larger when you don't add --single-branch
root@xbian:~# cd xbian-package-xbmc/
root@xbian:~/xbian-package-xbmc# ./gen.package.sh
./gen.package.sh: 30: ./gen.package.sh: fakeroot: not found

Hhhmm..
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Reference URL's