Forum

Full Version: Official XBian 1.0 Gotham Testing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I got crash like this yesterday when trying. So yes, now is it known.

I assume it will be caused only by changes in skin / xbmcgui classes.
@domi How did you install Gotham? I ran a test using the gotham nightlys and I couldn't get XBMC to even stay up for more than a few screens. xbian-config was not even in Programs!!
@IriDium

looks like @domi is installing it the good way (my way), as we share the right issue Big Grin

@IriDium

and obviously your only Gotham issue is the config-xbmc package not being there - as the "few screens" stand and crash is actually the config-xbmc not reporting that XBMC is up to the system - thus system trying to free console screens / keyboard to provide failsafe terminal conditions (for you) to take some correction steps or at least review status / problem.
Please could you advise on your "right" way of applying the Gotham release?
Thanks
apt-get install xbian-package-xbmc-gotham-nightly
Thanks for making this. Is this still the best way to use the WMC pvr with margo on Xbian? The link seems to be 404 again, but maybe it's just obsolete?

tia.
what link ? from opening post ?

did you cross check with those two repos available via XBian-Addons inside XBMC?
(16th Jan, 2014 02:32 PM)mk01 Wrote: [ -> ]what link ? from opening post ?

did you cross check with those two repos available via XBian-Addons inside XBMC?

Yes the link to the build from the opening post:XBMC Gotham built from git on 11-10-2013

What should I cross check? Thanks for your time.
XBian is providing own XBMC Addon repository (still more or less in testing phase).

But it is pre-installed on .img. Just go to Settings->Addons->Get Addons->XBIAN Addons->Add-on repository

Maybe this two installers are the same (out of date). Then we have to approach Immortal.
(16th Jan, 2014 04:58 PM)mk01 Wrote: [ -> ]XBian is providing own XBMC Addon repository (still more or less in testing phase).

But it is pre-installed on .img. Just go to Settings->Addons->Get Addons->XBIAN Addons->Add-on repository

Maybe this two installers are the same (out of date). Then we have to approach Immortal.

Thanks mk01. I'm looking for a build of XBIAN with magro changesets to improve channel switching time. That is the version that is linked in OP I think.
ok, you mean XBMC probably, right ?

For XBMC PM Immortal. Addons and both repositories are working, just tried. But XBMC alone was hosted only by Immortal.
Yes you are right, stupid me. Thanks for everything. I love Xbian.
Has anyone found a way to get this to work? I am looking to experiment with the "change refresh rate on playback" option but I can only access it through the gui afaik. 3D works great with gotham but I can't get my projector to switch to 3D mode automatically.
it is not only "projector" issue.

check always log file and hdmi mode numbers which xbmc wants to change. and is always wrong with me. (both TV plasma samsung). but tvservice -m (mode list) is correct.
Thanks for the reply! What would be the easiest way to correct mode numbers so it switches automatically?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Reference URL's