Forum

Full Version: Hifiberry
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
(2nd May, 2016 01:54 AM)Nachteule Wrote: [ -> ]@Skywatch

So you're first address for testing my planned audio setup for Kodi Krypton.

Will add Bluetooth and Audio setup to xbmc-config gui Smile

I just tested Xbian with Kodi 17A2 and no sound at all!
Sounds not good Sad

We have (Killerbee and me) using Hifiberry AMP+ (look here)
(28th Jun, 2016 09:21 PM)Nachteule Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds not good Sad

No sound at all actually Tongue

(28th Jun, 2016 09:21 PM)Nachteule Wrote: [ -> ]We have (Killerbee and me) using Hifiberry AMP+ (look here)

Iridium has the same digi board I am using so maybe we can persuade him to try and see. ALSA was definitely selected in kodi and passthrough was also enabled, but still nothing.

BTW tried todays 2 available upgrades on 2xpi1 and 2xpi2 and all failed with error.
(28th Jun, 2016 09:49 PM)Skywatch Wrote: [ -> ]Iridium has the same digi board I am using so maybe we can persuade him to try and see. ALSA was definitely selected in kodi and passthrough was also enabled, but still nothing.

I suppose that this commit is still needed for Krypton (it is currently not in Krypton tree)

Quote:BTW tried todays 2 available upgrades on 2xpi1 and 2xpi2 and all failed with error.

Which packages and what was the error?
(29th Jun, 2016 02:16 AM)Nachteule Wrote: [ -> ]I suppose that this commit is still needed for Krypton (it is currently not in Krypton tree)
I expect this might well have something to do with it!

(29th Jun, 2016 02:16 AM)Nachteule Wrote: [ -> ]Which packages and what was the error?
2x Xbian packages, can't remember which though.

See this thread for what I found....

http://forum.xbian.org/thread-3580-post-32371.html#pid32371
As it seems it works ok, I am going for the pifi digi on my raspberry Pi 3. If any tester needed, let me know.
(29th Apr, 2016 04:44 AM)Skywatch Wrote: [ -> ]This is the one I am using and for the price I think it is very good indeed..... Try it and see! Smile

Hi!

Can this board make use of its own SP/DIF connection and the HDMI output of the Raspberry at the same time?

My target is to connect the Raspberry via HDMI to the TV (through the AVR) and for music to connect it via SP/DIF to another input of the AVR (to use Spotify via Airplay) so that the TV remains turned off.
(28th Feb, 2017 12:34 AM)Senseohasser Wrote: [ -> ]
(29th Apr, 2016 04:44 AM)Skywatch Wrote: [ -> ]This is the one I am using and for the price I think it is very good indeed..... Try it and see! Smile

Hi!

Can this board make use of its own SP/DIF connection and the HDMI output of the Raspberry at the same time?

My target is to connect the Raspberry via HDMI to the TV (through the AVR) and for music to connect it via SP/DIF to another input of the AVR (to use Spotify via Airplay) so that the TV remains turned off.

Don't know, but would believe it won't

Hi!

(28th Feb, 2017 09:46 AM)Nachteule Wrote: [ -> ]

Hi!

Don't know, but would believe it won't
will do some tests tonight and post outcome later on. I have and I2S DAC, not Digi but should not matter
(28th Feb, 2017 05:58 PM)rikardo1979 Wrote: [ -> ]will do some tests tonight and post outcome later on. I have and I2S DAC, not Digi but should not matter

Great, thanks! Smile
(28th Feb, 2017 10:39 PM)Senseohasser Wrote: [ -> ]
(28th Feb, 2017 05:58 PM)rikardo1979 Wrote: [ -> ]will do some tests tonight and post outcome later on. I have and I2S DAC, not Digi but should not matter

Great, thanks! Smile

sorry for delay, I had no time yesterday.

But I have tested today and have to say its probably not possible to have HDMI and I2S simultaneously. Or at least I have not figured out how.
Its either one or another
(28th Feb, 2017 12:34 AM)Senseohasser Wrote: [ -> ]Can this board make use of its own SP/DIF connection and the HDMI output of the Raspberry at the same time?

I don't know if this can help you, but it is possible to separate the audio outputs in Kodi, so that, for example, if you play a video the audio goes through HDMI, and if you play some music the audio goes to another output.

Look here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=201896

After you install the addon, you find it in my addons, services. Open it, go to configuration, setup, run the first setup. Then go to the kodi settings choose the desired audio output for music and play a music file. Repeat the step for video and play a video file. After that, Kodi will remember the settings.
Here is the best way to catch the latest WhatsApp, Instagram, Twitter Video Status Maker online to find an extensive range of readymade templates to get going. Make cute, funny, short, brand videos for free. Find out how social media marketing is made easy with PhotoADKing. Also create engag posts Video Ad and Video Post for Facebook, Twitter and Instagram readily in no time.

Different Video Maker:
Video Flyer
Video Invitation
Video Brochure
Branding Video
Video Poster
Status Video
Instagram Video Story
Instagram Video Post
Facebook Video Post
Facebook Cover Video
Twitter Video Post
(2nd Mar, 2017 05:10 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote: [ -> ]
(28th Feb, 2017 10:39 PM)Senseohasser Wrote: [ -> ]

Great, thanks! Smile

sorry for delay, I had no time yesterday.

But I have tested today and have to say its probably not possible to have HDMI and I2S simultaneously. Or at least I have not figured out how.
Its either one or another

The same for my config. There is no HDMI and I2S simultaneously.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Reference URL's